Biggest Loser 11 Spring Team Challenge--for Losers and Maintainers

Congratulations to all of our losers and especially to aamomma! :cool1: And congratulations to all of us for sticking with this challenge until the very end! :yay: It was a long winter and spring but I think we are ready for a fun and losing (or maintaining) summer.

well i wouldn't like the rain but the 44 degrees might not be too bad. it was REALLY hot at the princess and i didn't drink enough. wound up pretty dehydrated with cramps afterwards. (of course that didn't stop me from my fiesta margarita - what i was training for the whole time!)

That was a bummer! :hug: It was hot and humid for the Princess for sure. Running for the 'ritas is definately a race I would be interested in! ;)

I would like to challenge everyone this weekend to do two things--

1. Schedule some form of exercise everyday. Even if it is just a 15 minute walk. It will help you focus on your goals, give you a feeling of success for completing a scheduled task, and if you are dealing with family stuff this weekend help you to keep your head clear.

2. Delay the impulse eating by 5 minutes. Just 5 minutes. If you are at an event and the chips and dip are out and everyone is snacking away, delay for just 5 minutes. You might find that 5 minutes is enough to keep you from even wanting an unhealthy treat, and if nothing else that is 5 minutes less snacking!

I know this is hard sometimes. I wish I could tell you that you will hit your goal weight and you will miraculously not have to exercise anymore and the urge to eat unhealthy food will just disappear. But it doesn't. And I don't want to depress anyone. We can all learn coping skills and we all can have healthy bodies. We just need to keep swimming.:goodvibes

These are great ideas, Rose! ::yes::

Cam, enjoy every minute of your fun and exciting week-end! :goodvibes

AHHHH! If only I had sent in my Saturday weight instead of Friday, I would have been the biggest loser of the week! Oh well, LTS you totally deserve it, you have been fantastic this challenge!

I've been MIA because the kids are now on summer break and I've been tackling a major organizational job on our extremely cluttered office (everything gets thrown in there!). It was the last room to finish when I started organizing and decluttering last year and it has been untouched the last few months. I'm almost finished and I want to surprise DH who has been out of town. I've been off my schedule lately and need to figure out how to balance everything with the kids out of school.

I had a great birthday and got a Garmin! I can't wait to take it out for a run today. I've had a big gain after being so off my schedule and going out to eat, but I am hoping to get back on track soon.

Congrats on the Garmin for your birthday, Liesel! I want to hear all about it as I am hoping for one myself for my birthday in July.

And wowza your kids are out of school already! You must start earlier in the year. I'm sure that you all will have a wonderful, fun filled time! :flower3: And when summer is over it will be time to training for the Tinker Bell! :tink:

Karen, enjoy that relaxing week-end and your summer ready newly stained decks and plants. Ah, hanging out, listening to the sounds of nature, sounds like fun! :hippie:

I wanted to let everyone know that even though I have the new challenge is up, I would like to keep chatting here until Tracey posts the final results. She is hoping to get to it sometime over the next couple of days. Thanks Tracey!

Almost time to pick a moving buddy! ;)

Disneywedding2010, glad that you made it home safely! :goodvibes

LTS, so glad that someone was finally brave enough to say they'd noticed all your hard work! :hug: I'm sure other people have noticed, too, but just were not comfortable saying anything. You did great! :thumbsup2

Lindsay, sorry about all the excitement at work but it does sound hopeful for some raises and bonuses! ::yes:: And a big :hug: for the Ryan thing. We always say losing electronics is harder on us than it is on DS! :rotfl: He's a good guy and will be back to his regular sweet self soon I'm sure! And see what you have to look forward to below! :rotfl:

I just sent dh to the airport to drop off BIL and SIL for their 3-week vacation in France. Nope, I'm not jealous, not me :rolleyes1....I'm still on the sugar high from the sleeve of thin mints I ate...sigh. Double income no kids = trips I can only dream of -- but ds is a pretty good consolation, at least when he isn't doing the "teen angst". Oh wait, that is his new personality :eek:

:hug: to you and your teen angst guy, Maria. I have one, too. :rolleyes1

CC, big :hug: to you. I think your plan for 20 before your trip is doable and safe. I don't know why your Mom hasn't figured out that carping about it is making things worse, not better. Tune it out and keep planning to move out. I'm sure it would improve your relationship.

Tracey, so sorry that your Mom still doesn't feel well. I wonder if they could get a home health care worker to stay with them in the night to help relieve some of the pressure on your sister and your folks? Unfortunately the roller coaster ride will be lasting for quite a bit longer as your Mom's treatment continues. You can't have the whole family down! :hug:

I have my race outfit all ready. Carefully watching the weather and waiting to go pick up my packet before heading off to Wizard. It's a happy day here! :yay:

Not much to say tonight. I PMed Rose and Lisah about this summer's HH and I now have some questions for all of you.

I was thinking of having 4 HH each week. Is that too many? Two? Three? Your thoughts are appreciated.

P: What if you made different kinds of trail mix? Maybe a healthy/energy variety and more of a snack variety? Like almonds and cranberries in one and chocolate chips and M&M's in another? I know you said that trail mix is great for every meal. I'm just thinking this could be a good marketing strategy. Just an idea. I do tend to overanalyze. :rotfl2:

Actually the idea of different types is a good idea! I have bought a lot of stuff, but haven't actually MADE up the trail mix yet. I'll have to give this some more thought! Any other ideas aout it??

Well we're still in Florida...

Due to all the really bad storms and tornadoes in the Dallas area last night many flights got canceled that were going to/from DFW. The soonest they can get us home is Friday. We are currently staying at a Hilton near Orlando airport. This day started off bad and got worse as the day went on.

We went to get checked in for Magical Express and they kept telling me "We can't find your flight number." Well I spent half an hour on the phone with American when I realized "Duh, Contemporary has free WI FI in common areas." I pulled out my laptop and looked on American's website, sure enough flight canceled. OYE!

We got to the airport and got through the long line at the ticket counter. They said "Oh we could fly you out of Tampa tomorrow at 745am. No thanks. They said the soonest they could get us out was Friday afternoon. So we went up to the Hyatt in the airport and they had no availability for tonight but tomorrow night. They gave us a list of hotels and I called Hilton Garden Inn. Luckily they had availability and came and picked us up from the airport.

YIKES! Glad you found a spot to rest your heads. Sounds crazy!

Just wanted to recognize some BIG LOSERS!!!!

Over 40 pounds lost: happymatt

Over 30 pounds lost: TimonTracy, ScubaD, pjstevens

Over 20 pounds lost: lovetoscrap, karliebug, disney1990, buzz5985, sparks19, aamomma, GoodmorningDewDrop, PrincessNancy, Kanga+2Roos

It will take me a few days to get everything taken care of and organized! (in other words, I have to figure out how to put the formulas in!)

TTFN :tigger:

Congratulations to all our BL!!!!

The end of the Spring Challenge! Can you believe it?!

We started the challenge with 46 WINners and 4 are reporting this week.

Our TOP THREE WINners for this period are:
3) Missoutandabout . . . -0.68%
2) liesel. . . . . . . . . . . . . -0.84%

And our Number One WINner is:
1) aamomma. . . . . . . . . -1.12%

:cool1: Congratulations to aamomma, Lisa, Missoutandabout and ALL of our WINners who reported in this week! :cool1:

And... for our FINAL RESULTS...

Collectively, since the beginning of this challenge, we have:

• Lost a total of 235 4/9 inches
  • Lost an average of 6 1/2 inches
  • Lost an average of 3.82%
Our TOP TEN WINners for the Spring Challenge are:
10) liesel . . . . . . . . . . . . -5.34%
9) HappyMatt. . . . . . . . . -5.61%
8) karliebug . . . . . . . . . . -6.22%
7) TimonTracy . . . . . . . . -6.24%
6) KristiMc. . . . . . . . . . . -6.27%
5) wickey's friend . . . . . -6.46%
4) pjstevens. . . . . . . . . . -7.01%
3) aamomma . . . . . . . . -10.17%
2) ScubaD . . . . . . . . . . -10.41%

And (drumroll) our Number One WINner is:
1) Stinasmom . . . . . . . -11.58%

:cool1: Congratulations to Marcy, Dave, aamomma, Patricia, Pat, Kristi,
Tracy, Kelly, Matt, Lisa and ALL of our WINners! :cool1:

Thanks to everyone who participated in the WIN challenge and I hope to see everyone WINning again this Summer!

Congratulations to all of our WIN participants and losers!!!!

Posting in chunks here!......................P

Good morning and a huge congratulations to all our top losers!!!:cool1: You are all so inspiring to me, and a good reminder of what can happen when you set your minds to something, and do your best. So happy for you all, and Amomma!! Whoo hoo, you are the biggest loser!!!!:banana::worship::banana:

Hello everyone!! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for all the kind words on my mexican binge, and Rose, you are right, I do deserve to be successful at this, and so does everyone here. :hug: We can do this. :hug: I think there's some emotions driving my out of control eating, and I'm going to work on dealing with them in other ways, and get the focus back I had last year at this time. I've packed a big fruit salad to bring to my brothers, though I packed some corona and tequila to make beergaritas too, but I'm planning on them in moderation. I ran/walked a little over 4 miles this morning with michael on his bike, and it worked out really well. I thought he'd be having to wait for me too much, but it was only a couple times, and then the last half mile he went home ahead of me and was excited to do that.

We're heading to my brothers now, but wanted to wish you all a wondeful weekend.

Tracey-:hug: Hang in there.

Lisa- good luck on your race tomorrow!!! I know you are going to do great.:thumbsup2

Have a great weekend everyone. :)

Today I realized something very important. I am gaining weight because that is exactly the opposite of what my mother wants me doing. Today she went on and on about how heavy I am and how "I'm blowing up like a balloon." She told that I needed to lose 40 pounds before our trip. She better be happy with 20. Not that she will be, but um, you are supposed to lose weight safely.

I spoke with the receptionist at WW today. I am going to start attending meetings. She is optimistic that that will help. I hope so.

I am exhausted so I'm off to bed. Sorry about the vent.
CC, darlin, pretend I am your big sister and I'm talking to you. Do not be like me and spend 20 years trying to make her happy. I know she's your Mom and I know you love her, and that's wonderful, really it is. But I think you might have hit the nail on the head. In my mind I knew (know) that I will NEVER be thin enough for my Mom. NEVER. She will always consider me BIG and if I had a relationship with her, I'm sure she would find a way to tell me that.

You have got to give yourself the love, and congratulations, and empathy, and hugs, etc that you are not going to get from her. It's a hard, hard thing to learn. It took me over 20 years. I don't want you to have to take that long.

So now I am saying to you--it Doesn't MATTER what your Mom thinks. It only matters what you think. And I know you want to lose the weight and I KNOW you can do it. You have to figure out what to say to yourself in your head when she starts dishing out that crap, and then you need to give yourself a hug and keep moving forward. For whatever reason, she can't do it for you.

So here is a hug for you, today.:hug: It's time to get healthy cause you want to, not cause she wants you to. I know you can do it.:hug:

Be back later with more replies.:goodvibes

Good morning Team

Congrats LTS on winning the last week.

Disneywedding2010 glad you are safe. A co-worker was out in the midwest for a visit this past weekend. Her Sunday afternoon flight was canceled and they could only get her out on Monday afternoon. She had a 4pm flight. With everything that went on including landing at a different airport (her bf was able to pick her up or it would have been a longer trip) she got home at 3:30 in the morning and then had to go to work. She got about a 90 minute nap before she had to go to work.

went to the awards show last night. the high school I teach at were given a special award for teaching the entire cast to tap dance for 42nd St. The local high school I work with won for lightingbut lost everything else. Our lead lost just before the group was supposed to go on. He had a solo to start their number. He hit note, the audience went wide and a group behind us said "Why didn't he win best actor?" It made us feel a little better. They were true professionals

Have to go and get breakfast.

Have a happy and healthy day..

Things have been crazy all over with traveling! Glad your friend made it home safely.

Sorry your students didn't win more. Nice that they were able to "show their stuff" though.

Need some pixie dust! Mom just emailed that she is doing worse and in a lot of pain. She can hardly put one foot in front of the other and if she doesn't start feeling better in the next few days they won't be able to come home. My sister is driving her to radiation as she is in so much pain. The pills aren't helping and she thinks the radiation is making things worse.

Thanks!

Sorry that your Mom is having troubles. Radiation will make her feel SO lousy! Have you done any research into supplements or dietary changes that might help her get through this a bit easier?

Prayers for her (and you all).

good morning everyone! we are still dealing with jet lag over here. at least that's what i think it is. the night before last thomas screamed and screamed in his crib. we usually let him just cry and he'll fall asleep but this time he FELL OUT OF HIS CRIB!! loudest thunk i've ever heard. and of course hubby is traveling until friday. always the fun stuff when i'm on my own.

i've been still gaining weight and not exercising. i've been feeling awfully crampy the last few days so i've been using that as an excuse to lay around more. but i find that when i'm stressed and overtired i eat everything in sight. it's a double whammy for sure. thomas was up at 6am and i had ever intention of taking him for a walk before mommy and me but these cramps have me not wanting to move. and for some reason thomas seems to just want to jump on my uterus all day. i swear this new kid is going to come out fighting!!

what are everyone's plans for the long weekend?

we have alot of house work that needs to be done. going away for 2 weeks makes for a messy house and overgrown hedges! we have a pig roast at our beach club on saturday that sounds fun. we are supposed to bring our own drinks and sides. anyone have any good ideas for a side i can make??

have a great day xoxo

GLad that DS wasn't hurt from the fall.

Sorry that things are going crazy when DH is away.... it does always seem that way.

Our only plans for the weekend are DD's swim meet today and tomorrow.

I like the pineapple ideas for the pig roast... but I was thinking of something kind of cool and a bit cream to go with the pig like a broccoli salad.

I feel like I've been hit with a truck this morning. Hopefully it's just still being tired. Yesterday I did the laundry and put everything away except for a few misc things out of the backpacks. Thanks for the motivation Pamela. Mike was quite happy when he got home.

It is nice to be unpacked quickly! I hate having suitcases half emptied hanging around for days! Makes me a bit crazy and I hate the clutter!

We had some nasty storms last night. Earlier in the evening there was a tornado north of here. (Well, they still have to confirm, but they are pretty sure it was a tornado.) We got an inch and a half of rain. Supposedly it's going to dry out--I hope so.

STAY SAFE!

Time to get ready for work. We have baseball tonight, so I might not be back on. Have a great, healthy day!:goodvibes

--And if you get a chance, I know CC would like some feedback on HH for the summer. I didn't multi-quote her, but she posted about it last night.:)

So glad to see you back! Was it a great trip?? Pictures to share??

HOpe that the baseball game was fun!

Hello Buffy, Lisa, Maria, Pamela, Lindsay, and all I have missed this morning.

Off to brush and floss for the dentist.

Have a great day!!:)

Oh, and my favorite is TIGGER!! Love his positive, fun-loving attitude. He brought michael his cake for his 5th b-day at CP, and michael had a tigger costume he wore a couple halloweens, and many, many days bounced around the house in it, until he couldn't squeeze into it.

You didn't miss me..... I haven't been on to post since about early Wednesday!

Two days until the long week-end! :yay: Saturday we are seeing Wicked in Spokane. I have to pick up my race packet before we head over there. Sunday is my half marathon. I'll be so happy to finish this one! :love: Monday to recouperate and then two busy weeks of school before finals. Summer will be here before we know it! :sunny:

Have a great day all!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend! I've always wanted to see Wicked, but have never really pursued it. Not sure that anyone in my family would be that interested in it.

GOod luck on your half!!

Thanks, guys!

Waiting for my client to arrive. I actually have 3 people today so that's something to keep my mind off of things. I will probably just take tomorrow off. I think I need a down day to get my thoughts organized. I missed teacher appreciations at both schools as I've been so inundated with emails and everything else going on that I'm starting to miss things. I wasn't coming in until late tomorrow anyways and there will be somebody else here by the time I come in.

Need to go get focused for my clients now and check on the hot stones!

:hug:

Hi, everyone! Congratulations to all of our losers last week. It's a good thing we didnt' have to report in this week as my weigh in this morning was a disaster. :eek: :guilty:

CC - I like to have more HHs as long as one or two of them are kind of "easy" and the same every week - like water and fruits/veggies servings. I kind of feel like if I have those things pretty much down pat, I can count on 10-14 easy points. LOL!

Pamela - The other item I love in trail mix is mini pretzels or very thin pretzel sticks. The salty with the sweet (like M&Ms) is very appealing to me. I am likely to buy trail mix just because it includes pretzels. LOL!

I'm sorry I don't have time to catch up. We are in the middle of the crazy weeks I've been anticipating for at least 4 months. Tomorrow night my son and our international student have prom. We are hosting the pre-prom party (for 10-12 kids and all their parents) AND the post-prom gathering (from 12:30 - 3:30 a.m.).

It is also our daughter's university graduation (her department ceremony, convocation). So, as soon as we send the prom kids off in the limo, we have to hustle to the university, find parking, and get seated by 7 pm.

Saturday morning is the main graduation for the entire University. So, after sending most of the kids home at 3:30 a.m., getting DH out the door to drive our son's date home about 50 minutes round-trip, and getting everyone settled who is spending the night, we'll all have to be out of the house Saturday morning by 7 a.m. (after everyone has breakfast, too!) After the graduation on Saturday, we are doing a nice luncheon at a favorite restaurant. Then we get to relax until DS's parade and final band gathering Monday evening.

It's all so much fun, but also a bit exhausting. :)

:scared1: Glad I don't have to keep up with that schedule! Good luck getting through all of it! It would take me a week to recover from all of that! Have fun!

Busy morning here! I had a college counselor breakfast meeting at 7:30 (which meant I was up at 5:30 and out the door by 6:30)...YUCK! SO I am tired this morning. Got back to the office around 10:30 and had a student meeting at 11:30 and another at 1pm...after being sooo bored this is a treat!

Went to my trainer last night and almost passed out. I don't think I was dehydrated but this cleanse thing is really messing with me. I worked out for the half hour with him and then went home and had chick peas with some sea salt and water to drink. I felt sooo much better. Later in the evening Christine and I went for a walk and we jogged a little. She is doing SB so her energy level was off too. We did 2.3 miles and actually broke a sweat (it was humid here). We decided to walk together at least once a week and I told her about the summer challenge which she wants to join! YAY!

Well off to eat before my student gets here...steamed veggies, quinoa,veggie broth, and water. Can't wait until I can have fruit again!!!
Happy Thursday to all!

I know how you feel about the fruit! That is what DD and I miss the most here on SB. We "splurged" yesterday and had strawberries (in our greek yogurt), blueberries, pineapple (for her), and mango (for me)! YUMMY-YUMMY!

What day do you end the special diet??

I am so excited that I finally made it to #1 for a week!! :cool1:

I started to reply when it was posted last night but all hell broke loose and I didn't get a chance to get back. DD15 got a text from a friend I don't know that he had intentionally hurt himself and we didn't know exactly what was going on so had to make some phone calls and was comforting dd for the rest of the night. His mom was called and we were updated that he was okay. Not sure if he had actually done anything or not. I let her stay home and sleep late this morning and took her to school after her first period gym class. I am sure she will have a lot to say when she gets home in a few minutes.

It looks like the cruise is a go! I need to make the payment this afternoon. I just emailed DH with his last chance to back out.

I will try to make it back later.

Nice of you (and DD) to have this concern for this other child and to take it seriously. So many parents and kids would have just ignored this "attention seeking" behavior from this boy. He definitely needs help.

WOOHOOO on the cruise! How did you manage to get DH on board??

Feeling very lousy right now. My mom had to have a home health aide come and help today. She is in so much pain she can't walk. They had to use a wheelchair to get her into her radiation appointment today. They are getting her some very strong drugs. She can hardly sit up.

Told work not to schedule me any body else today. I'm just not up to seeing anyone else. Just feeling like crying! Ash just came home and knew immediately that something was bothering me! Can't keep anything from that kid.

Kids are SO intuitive when it comes to their parents! Keep the kids in the loop so that they don't feel like you are keeping things from them....but don't feel like you need to tell them every detail.

How many weeks of radiation does your Mom have scheduled?

********Happy Saturday friends!

The whale watch yesterday was a big DUD! Not a single whale sighted.... and we FROZE out on the water, in the fog (for about the first two hours) for almost 5 hours!! We all did get a free ticket to come back another time, since they "guarantee" a whale sighting, but that didn't help DD's disappointment.

Thankfully DD and I were fairly well prepared for the cold and damp (long jeans, sneakers, hoodies, windbreakers, hats), but SO MANY of the kids were SO underdressed. I know when it is 80 degrees at home it is hard to imagine that you will be COLD out on the boat, but it happens! So many of the girls were wearing little tank tops, shorty-shorts (not at all school appropriate IMHO) and sandals! A few had brought a hoodie or something, but FEW of them were fully prepared for the weather.

It wasn't terribly rough, but the boat was definitely rockin' and rollin' and there were a few sickies in the group. THANK HEAVENS for Bonine! I took it when we got on the boat and I was just fine! I am okay usually (car rides, rollercoasters, etc), but can get sick if it is really rough or if it is a long event. So I took the med "just in case" and I was just fine!

I'm here at my Mom's right now. We have to leave for DD's swim meet in about an hour, so I had better get hustling. I just wanted to pop on and catch up with you all!

It will be a busy weekend and another busy, busy week. My Relay for Life is Friday and I am feeling SO unprepared! Oh well... what will be, will be, right?
I'm not Wonder Woman and I can't do it all. If I don't get some help from other swim families, then it won't be everything it could be, but I am not be be blamed.

I'll try to pop on later tonight after swim. Wish me luck eating at the Golden Corral buffet tonight.....:rolleyes: not my idea, but the swim families are meeting there for dinner after the meet today. What are the chances I can stay OP? I've never been to a Golden Corral, so I have no idea what my options are.

TTYL..............................P

I know how you feel about the fruit! That is what DD and I miss the most here on SB. We "splurged" yesterday and had strawberries (in our greek yogurt), blueberries, pineapple (for her), and mango (for me)! YUMMY-YUMMY!

Make sure you are checking your food lists if you are still doing SB. I think pineapple is on the foods to really limit. Berries are VERY good, especially blueberries.

WOOHOOO on the cruise! How did you manage to get DH on board??
Found money. Long story but he is going to have to "cash in" a bunch of vacation time (like several weeks worth) so he said we should use that to do something fun.

The whale watch yesterday was a big DUD! Not a single whale sighted.... and we FROZE out on the water, in the fog (for about the first two hours) for almost 5 hours!! We all did get a free ticket to come back another time, since they "guarantee" a whale sighting, but that didn't help DD's disappointment.

Well that stinks. Sorry you didn't get to see any whales. Hopefully you can go again and find some the next time.

'll try to pop on later tonight after swim. Wish me luck eating at the Golden Corral buffet tonight.....:rolleyes: not my idea, but the swim families are meeting there for dinner after the meet today. What are the chances I can stay OP? I've never been to a Golden Corral, so I have no idea what my options are.

Stick to just the salad bar. Maybe some white meat Rotissere chicken. Most of their veggies are swimming in butter, and their meats are fatty and often fried. Lots of carbs. Avoid the pasta salads. A good salad with fresh veggies and some deli ham is okay. They used to have sweet potatoes, not sure if they still do -- that would be good with a little margarine. Check the soup options. They may have a chili that would be okay. Their white rolls are the BEST, but not OP. I actually haven't been to a Golden Corral in years. I usually get a major stomach upset if I eat there.

We made it home okay. Now, I'm just sitting back relaxing waiting for Alan to get home. We're going to grab some dinner and probably just chill the rest of the night. Tomorrow I'm going to start unpacking and Alan will go to the vet and pick Taylor up. Nothing planned this weekend other then unpacking and getting the house in order.

** I'm going to try to get our trip report posted later tonight if not tomorrow definately.
Glad you made it back!

LTS--What a great story! And you're right, it would be nice to have a IRL friends to do this with.:goodvibes

Lindsay--Hang in there. It did sound like a rollercoaster day.:hug: Hope you survive the inlaws today.:goodvibes And I agree with Lisa, often punishing Tom felt more like punishing us!

Just a super quick check in because I am still alive -- sending hugs to everyone who needs them! :hug:

I just sent dh to the airport to drop off BIL and SIL for their 3-week vacation in France. Nope, I'm not jealous, not me :rolleyes1....I'm still on the sugar high from the sleeve of thin mints I ate...sigh. Double income no kids = trips I can only dream of -- but ds is a pretty good consolation, at least when he isn't doing the "teen angst". Oh wait, that is his new personality :eek:

Anyway, back to the Memorial Day weekend plan -- we have to have a plan so we don't plan to fail, right? :lmao:

I did run 5M this morning, and I did intervals, which I haven't done in far too long.

I watched season 1 disc 4 of the Tudors. Henry Cavill is good therapy!

My favorite Pooh character is Tigger, my ds carried his stuffed tigger everywhere when he was small, so much so that he literally wore the strips off the tail. He was even baptized holding a bathtime tigger.

Maria :upsidedow
I loved hearing about DS and Tigger. Woohoo for getting a run in!
:cool1:
Biggest Loser 11 Spring 2011 FINAL RESULTS
:cool1:

:worship:Here are the TOP 20 Biggest Losers!:worship:

#20- tggrrstarr 8.04%
#19- poochie 8.11%
#18- Kanga+2Roos 8.27%
#17- missoutandabout 9.04%
#16- sparks19 9.43%
#15- dis-happy 9.49%
#14- KristiMc 9.51%
#13- Surferstitch16 10.0%
#12- TimonTracy 10.37%
#11- DisneylandEmily 10.69%
#10- karliebug 11.37%
#9- GoodMorningDewDrop 11.66%
#8 – disney1990 11.88%
#7- lovetoscrap 11.93%
#6- happymatt 12.17%
#5- PrincessNancy 12.43%
#4- ScubaD 13.6%
#3- pjstevens 14.22%
#2- Stinasmom 14.29%

AND THE BIGGEST LOSER for the SPRING 2011 Challenge is:

:cheer2:aamomma with an astounding 16.25% loss!!!!!:cheer2:

Congratulations to all of you! You all should be very proud of yourselves!

I have enjoyed working with all of you! I have cheered you when you PMed me your losses and shared in your frustration when you had to post a gain!

It has been an honor to be your weightkeeper! Please treat DONAC well in the next challenge!

Thanks and TTFN :tigger:
Congratulations to aamomma!!!! And all the Losers and Maintainers! And to everyone for sticking a VERY LONNNNNNNG winter and Spring!

Thanks so much to Tracey (and Brian!) for keeping the weights for us! It's a huge job and I really appreciate all that you do!

Things just get more and more exciting at my parents house! My sister is staying there this weekend and passed out and fell last night! So the ambulance was there to get my mother up and check out my sister. Her blood pressure had dropped and she was dehydrated. She is running herself ragged taking care of my parents.

She just called and asked me to go down as soon as the kids get out of school. She and her husband are going on a well-deserved cruise to Hawaii that she has totally earned. It is for their 25th anniversary! The earliest I can get down there is June 23rd or 24th and I need to be back by July 1st for the Cars 2 event. I have to talk to my brother today about when we can both go down.

Well, gotta figure stuff out!

TTFn :tigger:
:hug:

I have my race outfit all ready. Carefully watching the weather and waiting to go pick up my packet before heading off to Wizard. It's a happy day here!
Have a FABULOUS race!!! And what is Wizard??

Good morning and a huge congratulations to all our top losers!!! You are all so inspiring to me, and a good reminder of what can happen when you set your minds to something, and do your best. So happy for you all, and Amomma!! Whoo hoo, you are the biggest loser!!!!:banana::worship::banana:

Hello everyone!! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for all the kind words on my mexican binge, and Rose, you are right, I do deserve to be successful at this, and so does everyone here. We can do this. :hug: I think there's some emotions driving my out of control eating, and I'm going to work on dealing with them in other ways, and get the focus back I had last year at this time. I've packed a big fruit salad to bring to my brothers, though I packed some corona and tequila to make beergaritas too, but I'm planning on them in moderation. I ran/walked a little over 4 miles this morning with michael on his bike, and it worked out really well. I thought he'd be having to wait for me too much, but it was only a couple times, and then the last half mile he went home ahead of me and was excited to do that.

We're heading to my brothers now, but wanted to wish you all a wondeful weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone. :)
Have a great weekend, Kathy! Enjoy that fruit salad and those beergaritas.:thumbsup2

Thankfully DD and I were fairly well prepared for the cold and damp (long jeans, sneakers, hoodies, windbreakers, hats), but SO MANY of the kids were SO underdressed. I know when it is 80 degrees at home it is hard to imagine that you will be COLD out on the boat, but it happens! So many of the girls were wearing little tank tops, shorty-shorts (not at all school appropriate IMHO) and sandals! A few had brought a hoodie or something, but FEW of them were fully prepared for the weather.

It wasn't terribly rough, but the boat was definitely rockin' and rollin' and there were a few sickies in the group. THANK HEAVENS for Bonine! I took it when we got on the boat and I was just fine! I am okay usually (car rides, rollercoasters, etc), but can get sick if it is really rough or if it is a long event. So I took the med "just in case" and I was just fine!

I'm here at my Mom's right now. We have to leave for DD's swim meet in about an hour, so I had better get hustling. I just wanted to pop on and catch up with you all!

It will be a busy weekend and another busy, busy week. My Relay for Life is Friday and I am feeling SO unprepared! Oh well... what will be, will be, right?
I'm not Wonder Woman and I can't do it all. If I don't get some help from other swim families, then it won't be everything it could be, but I am not be be blamed.

I'll try to pop on later tonight after swim. Wish me luck eating at the Golden Corral buffet tonight.....:rolleyes: not my idea, but the swim families are meeting there for dinner after the meet today. What are the chances I can stay OP? I've never been to a Golden Corral, so I have no idea what my options are.

I'm sorry the whale watching was a dud. It's always colder by the water, isn't it? Even when we go down to the River it's cooler. I know you are going to do great at Golden Corral!

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday! It is finally warm here again and the sun is out! We left the game early last night cause it was so damp and chilly. 80s today and 90s tomorrow!:cool1: We opened our pool finally. We normally open it Derby weekend (first Saturday in May), so this is really late for us. Everything appears to be working correctly, so that's a relief!

Mike and I ran 3.1 miles this morning. My time was ok--31:49. But the knee, oh my. It never got really bad, but it was sore. I am so SICK of this. I did the rehab exercises yesterday and my hip was incredibly tight this morning and I wonder if that was part of the problem. I'm going to talk to him next week when I go back for more torture. Uggh. We took a very short (2.3miles) run at BW last week and my hip did not feel the way it did today. Oh well. I know, I should have taken the entire month off, but I don't want to! (Where is the petulant, two year old smiley.;)). Anyhow, Mike and I are going to run again Monday, and I'll see how it goes. I guess I'll go to the chiropractor on Wednesday. It makes me so frustrated sometimes. I eat healthy. I gave up the poison (gluten) and how am I being rewarded??? Stupid knee!!! Ok, mini temper tantrum over.

How about Monday for moving day??? I want to make sure everyone sees the fabulous results that Tracey posted today! So everyone pick a moving buddy and we will head over to the new thread on Monday. Does that sound ok???

Have a great Saturday!

--I started a trip report on my WISH journal if anyone is interested.:goodvibes

CC, darlin, pretend I am your big sister and I'm talking to you. Do not be like me and spend 20 years trying to make her happy. I know she's your Mom and I know you love her, and that's wonderful, really it is. But I think you might have hit the nail on the head. In my mind I knew (know) that I will NEVER be thin enough for my Mom. NEVER. She will always consider me BIG and if I had a relationship with her, I'm sure she would find a way to tell me that.

You have got to give yourself the love, and congratulations, and empathy, and hugs, etc that you are not going to get from her. It's a hard, hard thing to learn. It took me over 20 years. I don't want you to have to take that long.

So now I am saying to you--it Doesn't MATTER what your Mom thinks. It only matters what you think. And I know you want to lose the weight and I KNOW you can do it. You have to figure out what to say to yourself in your head when she starts dishing out that crap, and then you need to give yourself a hug and keep moving forward. For whatever reason, she can't do it for you.

So here is a hug for you, today.:hug: It's time to get healthy cause you want to, not cause she wants you to. I know you can do it.:hug:

Be back later with more replies.:goodvibes

Great advice, Rose! :thumbsup2 CC, listen to your big sister! ::yes

Sorry about the knee, Rose. :hug: It's WICKED we are seeing today -- I just apparently made up another name for it! :lmao:

Sorry about the knee, Rose. :hug: It's WICKED we are seeing today -- I just apparently made up another name for it! :lmao:
Oh, I love, love, love Wicked. No good deed goes unpunished.....:rolleyes1
Actually, I cried and cried when we saw it. It was fabulous! Have a great time!

And thanks--and I don't know why my knee hasn't gotten the memo that it's time to be better!:thumbsup2

I'm dying to see WICKED!!!!! I downloaded the soundtrack when everyone I knew was going to see it!

Ashleigh and I had a nice time out shopping this morning. She and I bought some stuff for the Cars 2 meet! I just hope I can go. Waiting to talk to my brother about what we can do about going down to NC. ALso have to figure out whether Izzie will go with me or I will put her in a camp for the week.

I explained things to Ashleigh and also said that we are all going to have to make some sacrifices this summer and that her cousin is probably not coming. She was sad but snapped out of it! We just have to stick together and help each other out. I told her we would do some special things before I go away. She's scheduled to get her braces the week I would be going away so Brian will probably have to do that.

It's POURING here and the thunder just started! We've had several downpours in the past hour. I don't think it's supposed to last but it just keeps coming!

We've all been playing Lego Star Wars this afternoon. I think we all need some downtime today! My head is spinning!

Mom sounded good this morning but I'm sure it's the meds. They are trying to stay ahead of them so she's not in pain.

We had Chipotle for lunch! I had the burrito today! I really needed that!!!! NOT!

Just stopping in to say hello to everyone.

Congrats to all the losers especially all of the tops winners. You are an inspiration to us all

Lisa I hope you have a great time seeing WICKED. We have tickets to see it on Broadway during the 4th of July weekend. Ds's gave them to us at Christmas and they are taking their gfs. I can't wait. I have heard a couple of songs. In January I heard the song"Because I knew you" for the first time. Both dh and I were in tears before it was over. It was song by two sisters at a cabaret fundraiser that we went to. If you have never heard it try to listen to it. They sang it on Glee during the last show. It makes me think about all the people who have passed through my life.

Tracey Ihope they find something to make your mother comfortable.

CC mothers can be baffling. My mother told me the week before my wedding that she didn't think that my marriage would last. In Aug we celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary. She has finally decided that he is a not too bad son in law.:rotfl::rotfl: Good luck.

Rose my knee has been trouble the last week. Just when I think it going to be okay it acts up again.

Pamela sorry that you did not see any whales. This time of year the weather at the beach could be a lot different than 5 miles inland. I live less than 2 miles from the beach. At this time of the year I can sometimes see the fog as I am driving home from school and it could be 10 degreee cooler.

Monday sounds like a great day for moving day. If we do it early the roads shouldn't be too bad. Are we using the same moving men?

Off to change my shirt. We are going out to dinner tonight. My birthday is tomorrow but ds2 is going back to school tomorrow afternoon so we are going out to dinner tonight. Dh gave me a bunch of lottery tickets but I didn't win anything. It was nice to dream.:confused3 but he also got me a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

Have a happy and healthy evening.

Hi Teams!

Well, the good news is I only gained 3 pounds in Disney (last trip I gained 5! OYE)

We have company coming over in a little over an hour for a cook out. Then tomorrow I'm spending it unpacking and getting the house picked up. Monday, we will be spending half the day at the cemetary where my husband and daughter are buried to celebrate Memorial Day. Then we may go out to eat or come home and cook just depends on my mood Monday morning. Then Tuesday I'm starting back at the gym with my trainer. This is going to kick my butt. I've not been to the gym in over a month.

We're still in the process of looking at houses in the Orlando area and I've talked to a builder. I've not made up my mind which way I want to go. I'm also going to talk to our realtor on Tuesday and let her know what we had planned and see what advice she can give us.

I just got home from an unplanned fun weekend trip to Washington DC, and got on the thread to catch up. And I saw that the results had been posted. I only scanned the list, and didn't see my name, and I teared up because when I saw there were 20 names I thought probably I made the list. But when I realized I was at the bottom of the list (which was a good thing this time) I REALLY teared up!!!! I know it sounds corny because I don't really know any of you, but I could not have lost this weight without you guys! (I know because I have tried many times!!!) I don't post a lot, but I do read every post - sometimes it takes me a while to get caught up - but I read EVERY one. I laugh and cry along with all of you. I applaud every one of you for deciding to make choices for a healthier lifestyle. I feel better right now than I felt in my 20s and 30s, and am sooo psyched for the next challenge to start!!!!! Thank you ALL again for being so inspiring, and sharing your struggles and successes with us here. Have a great weekend!

Hi all.

I hope you all are enjoying your weekend.

It ended up that we had a great time today at Mayfair. It was a great sunny hot day.:goodvibes The kids had a blast and my MIL did not drive me as crazy as I thought she would.:thumbsup2 Nick and I even got to be in a play. It was lots of fun.

My dh also made the my love for him raise even higher today. How???? you ask. Well during the planning of our last disney trip he wanted nothing to do with the details and basically let it all up to me. He had a wonderful time on our trip and enjoys everything but he is just not a disney nut like me. Well today when I came in from planting flowers he was all excited to show me the new app he found for his phone. He said he downloaded something that will really come in handy on our next trip to disney. He got the app that tells you how long the wait times are.

I was so impressed that he was thinking ahead to our next trip which really is probably not for another 2-3 years.:rotfl2: He truly seemed so excited too and went through and told me about how long the wait times were for today. All I could do is smile.:lmao:

Well its time for me to get to bed. Its been a long day and tomorrow we will be at my nana's all day for a picnic.

Have a great rest of the wkend.

oh monday sounds good for the move rose.:thumbsup2

I did it! I finished a .8K today!! No, not an 8K but a POINT 8K-- 1/2 mile! DH was doing the 5K and the girls and I signed up for the Family Fun Run. They were going to stay with me but I told them to go on up ahead and go as fast as they wanted. DH walked with me the whole time. I started at the back so that I wouldn't get in anyone's way.

Here is right after the start:
IMG_1125-1.jpg

I had 3 and 4 year olds passing me like I was standing still! Pretty sure one or two infants went crawling past me at some point. . . I did manage to pass ONE person! :cheer2: See the lady in front of me with the striped hat? She was in as bad of physical shape as I was and I was able to pull past her on the home stretch (and she cheated and shortcutted by not going around the cones at the turn around!:rotfl: )

IMG_1131.jpg

I finished! No official timekeeping for the event but my time was around 11 minutes :rotfl2:. The cows cheered me on! Notice who is behind me? Yeah, nobody but the cows! The lady I passed is actually back there behind the princess cow. I finished essentially dead last but you know what? I FINISHED! My family is really happy for me.:cheer2:
IMG_1134-1-1.jpg

I was a little bummed at the end though. I had to pretty much BEG for a medal. They were handing them out as you passed the finish line. They told me the medals were only for the kids. :mad: I paid just as much as they did! Then they said I could have one after they made sure all the kids got one so they didn't run out. At which point I looked behind me and said "I am LAST! You have 10 people with hands full of them and there are no more kids out there!" So they finally gave me one. I had to ask them for water too. :sad2: I know that I really don't need the silly plastic award but it was the principle of it. It was called a "FAMILY Fun Run" . I paid almost $14 to be in the Fun Run and all we were supposed to get for it was the sticker number bib and a medal. There was no age restriction to sign up and participate. It was already a little ridiculous to pay that much for just a bib and cheap award and darn it, I EARNED that medal! It WILL be going in the scrapbook!

We had fun. DH came in much faster than he thought he would so he was happy. There is an 8K at Christmas time he is going to start working towards. I told them I was going to try for a 1 mile next time and DD said maybe I shouldn't push it and just try for a 3/4 mile! :lmao:

Congratulations to our top 20 and especially to aamomma!

Thanks Tracey for being our weightkeeper!

Thanks for all the support everyone! :) Rose, I was almost in tears reading your response. Thank you all. I am definitely going to be taking better care of myself. I actually exercised today. Just over 15 minutes, but it was something, and something I needed. I am hoping to go a few minutes longer tomorrow. I ate really well today too. I ended up eating 19 Points+ in total. I kept checking my journal and made good choices. I had 3 servings of veggies and 2 servings of fruit, plus plenty of protein and 2 servings of dairy. I even had a serving of oil. :banana: My whole grains could have been better, but I made do with what we had in the house. I may need to go to the grocery stores tomorrow. Hoping that tomorrow is just as wonderful of a day eating and exercise wise.

Mom kept quiet today about my weight. She did have lots to say about me needing a nap. I had a busy week and didn't sleep well so I definitely needed it. It's not like I can tell her about all the nightmares I have been having. I even had some while I was napping. :scared1:

Dona: Congrats on 33 years of marriage!

LTS: Congrats on your Family Run!

I'm going to go to bed now. Thanks again for all the support.

Today I realized something very important. I am gaining weight because that is exactly the opposite of what my mother wants me doing. Today she went on and on about how heavy I am and how "I'm blowing up like a balloon." She told that I needed to lose 40 pounds before our trip. She better be happy with 20. Not that she will be, but um, you are supposed to lose weight safely.

I spoke with the receptionist at WW today. I am going to start attending meetings. She is optimistic that that will help. I hope so.

I am exhausted so I'm off to bed. Sorry about the vent.

i could have written this myself. when i was in high school and was on 3 soccer teams and the golf team all at the same time and in amazing shape my mother was ALWAYS reminding me that i should NEVER been in the 120s! :laughing: this was especially funny because she was telling me this as she was tipping the scales at at least 225 lbs. her mother made her feel bad for her weight (her mom was thin, my mom was not) and so naturally she would then have to make me miserable. i mean, right? :headache:

my mom lost something like 80 lbs a long time ago and has kept a decent amount of it off. but she acts like she doesn't eat anything. anytime they visit my grandpa in PA she says how she just can't possibly eat any of the crap they eat. or, when i told her we were going to a BBQ yesterday she said how she "doesn't eat that stuff" - basically she just wants me to feel guilty for everything i put in my mouth and make me feel like that pig that i ate yesterday!

i have PCOS and a few years ago after going off the pill i gained FORTY pounds in 3 months. FORTY! it was horrible. after seeing doctors and getting on a plan and meds, i worked really hard and lost it all plus a little (i'm about 5-10 lbs above now though now). but do you think she ever noticed the weight loss? nope. at a family function my aunt even said to her, "wow carol, nancy did so great!" and she literally just walked away.

anyway, CC, i hear you on your pain. as much as we want to just blow them off, they are still our moms and i think we'll always seek their approval. the thing is though we need to just give up that pipe dream!

happiness is going to come from within, not some lady who my guess is just jealous of us.

AND THE BIGGEST LOSER for the SPRING 2011 Challenge is:

:cheer2:aamomma with an astounding 16.25% loss!!!!!

congrats aamomma and thank you tracey for keeping all this recorded for us!

So here is a hug for you, today.:hug: It's time to get healthy cause you want to, not cause she wants you to. I know you can do it.

Be back later with more replies.

so, can we start a support group for all of us with mom issues??? this was really well said rose, and if you don't mind i will pretend you wrote it to me too. :hug:

major bummer that the whale watching didn't work out. how far is it from you? will you go again and give it another try? i tend to get pretty sea sick so i avoid those things at all costs! years ago we did a whale watch in hawaii. saw two whales and i spent the rest of the time in the bathroom. yuck.:sick:

how did it go at golden corrall? my favorite food is buffet. and that right there is why i have a weight problem.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday! It is finally warm here again and the sun is out! We left the game early last night cause it was so damp and chilly. 80s today and 90s tomorrow!:cool1: We opened our pool finally. We normally open it Derby weekend (first Saturday in May), so this is really late for us. Everything appears to be working correctly, so that's a relief!

Mike and I ran 3.1 miles this morning. My time was ok--31:49. But the knee, oh my. It never got really bad, but it was sore. I am so SICK of this. I did the rehab exercises yesterday and my hip was incredibly tight this morning and I wonder if that was part of the problem. I'm going to talk to him next week when I go back for more torture. Uggh. We took a very short (2.3miles) run at BW last week and my hip did not feel the way it did today. Oh well. I know, I should have taken the entire month off, but I don't want to! (Where is the petulant, two year old smiley.;)). Anyhow, Mike and I are going to run again Monday, and I'll see how it goes. I guess I'll go to the chiropractor on Wednesday. It makes me so frustrated sometimes. I eat healthy. I gave up the poison (gluten) and how am I being rewarded??? Stupid knee!!! Ok, mini temper tantrum over.

How about Monday for moving day??? I want to make sure everyone sees the fabulous results that Tracey posted today! So everyone pick a moving buddy and we will head over to the new thread on Monday. Does that sound ok???

Have a great Saturday!

--I started a trip report on my WISH journal if anyone is interested.:goodvibes

nice job on the run! i like that time :) hope that knee gets better already!!

moving day for monday sounds good to me.

after i finish writing i'm heading over to take a gander at your trip report! :woohoo: i mean, really, is there anything better than reading trip reports (well, besides actually being there!)

Great advice, Rose! :thumbsup2 CC, listen to your big sister! ::yes

can't wait to hear about the run!!! woot!

i saw wicked back when it came out. really enjoyed it. did you read the book? very good. hope you liked it!

Just stopping in to say hello to everyone.

Congrats to all the losers especially all of the tops winners. You are an inspiration to us all

Lisa I hope you have a great time seeing WICKED. We have tickets to see it on Broadway during the 4th of July weekend. Ds's gave them to us at Christmas and they are taking their gfs. I can't wait. I have heard a couple of songs. In January I heard the song"Because I knew you" for the first time. Both dh and I were in tears before it was over. It was song by two sisters at a cabaret fundraiser that we went to. If you have never heard it try to listen to it. They sang it on Glee during the last show. It makes me think about all the people who have passed through my life.

Tracey Ihope they find something to make your mother comfortable.

CC mothers can be baffling. My mother told me the week before my wedding that she didn't think that my marriage would last. In Aug we celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary. She has finally decided that he is a not too bad son in law.:rotfl::rotfl: Good luck.

Rose my knee has been trouble the last week. Just when I think it going to be okay it acts up again.

Pamela sorry that you did not see any whales. This time of year the weather at the beach could be a lot different than 5 miles inland. I live less than 2 miles from the beach. At this time of the year I can sometimes see the fog as I am driving home from school and it could be 10 degreee cooler.

Monday sounds like a great day for moving day. If we do it early the roads shouldn't be too bad. Are we using the same moving men?

Off to change my shirt. We are going out to dinner tonight. My birthday is tomorrow but ds2 is going back to school tomorrow afternoon so we are going out to dinner tonight. Dh gave me a bunch of lottery tickets but I didn't win anything. It was nice to dream.:confused3 but he also got me a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

Have a happy and healthy evening.

another wicked person! you'll love it! where are you going to eat before the show?? (sad how my life revolves around food, huh??).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! have a great day!

Hi all.

I hope you all are enjoying your weekend.

It ended up that we had a great time today at Mayfair. It was a great sunny hot day.:goodvibes The kids had a blast and my MIL did not drive me as crazy as I thought she would.:thumbsup2 Nick and I even got to be in a play. It was lots of fun.

My dh also made the my love for him raise even higher today. How???? you ask. Well during the planning of our last disney trip he wanted nothing to do with the details and basically let it all up to me. He had a wonderful time on our trip and enjoys everything but he is just not a disney nut like me. Well today when I came in from planting flowers he was all excited to show me the new app he found for his phone. He said he downloaded something that will really come in handy on our next trip to disney. He got the app that tells you how long the wait times are.

I was so impressed that he was thinking ahead to our next trip which really is probably not for another 2-3 years.:rotfl2: He truly seemed so excited too and went through and told me about how long the wait times were for today. All I could do is smile.:lmao:

Well its time for me to get to bed. Its been a long day and tomorrow we will be at my nana's all day for a picnic.

Have a great rest of the wkend.

oh monday sounds good for the move rose.:thumbsup2

aw, good hubby!!! i remember when dh and i started going to disney he was all like, wah i don't wanna go.

and now guess who was the one who wanted to buy DVC? and then buy it again? yep, hubs. did we brainwash them or are they just smartening up to the awesomeness that is the mouse? :)

glad mayfair was fun and even happier that MIL was on good behavior!

I did it! I finished a .8K today!!

LOOKING GOOD!!! congrats! and that's darn right you should get that medal! psh, i would have argued for it too!!

well, shame on me, i didn't take rose's advice to wait 5 minutes before eating AT ALL yesterday. i really am ashamed of myself over how much i ate yesterday. i mean, even people were saying to me how i must have been hungry because i ate so much. :sad1: it was actually disgusting. i wasn't even hungry. i don't know. maybe something was bothering me? was i feeling a little stressed? i'm not sure. we had a nice time at the pig roast. so why eat so much.

let me give you an example. after my second huge plate of food that was piled so high it almost dropped, they had brownies out. the brownies went fast and by the time i went over they were gone. so what did i do? i decided to head over to the deli, buy a big brownie for myself and two boxes of cookies (you konw, to make it seems like i wasnted to make sure everyone got a dessert). really? like that was necessary??

i'm still not really looking pregnant. and i didn't tell anyone. my one girlfriend who knows said, "oh i can tell now that you're preggo" but that was after all that food and i just really had a food baby.

today's a new day. john is taking thomas to church and i'm going to go for a walk around maritime college. i'm still so full and gross that i'm pretty sure if i jogged i'd hurl. we're going to go to the zoo which means we always get breakfast there aka bad stuff. i need to learn to stop! at least we'll walk around alot, right?

i'm up another 1.5 lbs - that's up from the 7 i gained on vacation.

ugh, feeling sorry for myself big time. i'm only doing it to myself.:headache:

I did it! I finished a .8K today!!

Great Job. I am glad you fought for your medal because you deserved it.:thumbsup2

Thank you all. I am definitely going to be taking better care of myself. I actually exercised today. Just over 15 minutes, but it was something, and something I needed. I am hoping to go a few minutes longer tomorrow. I ate really well today too. I ended up eating 19 Points+ in total. I kept checking my journal and made good choices. I had 3 servings of veggies and 2 servings of fruit, plus plenty of protein and 2 servings of dairy. I even had a serving of oil. :banana: My whole grains could have been better, but I made do with what we had in the house. I may need to go to the grocery stores tomorrow. Hoping that tomorrow is just as wonderful of a day eating and exercise wise.

Glad you had a better day yesterday CC and I hope today is much of the same.

I did not sleep well thanks to my 4 year old that kept coming in and waking me up all night. He has developed fears about his room and he is just driving me bonkers. Last night a red ant was in his bed.:lmao: Of course I couldnt find anything.:confused3

Anyway I am off to take the boys to sunday school and then we are going to my nana's for the day. It will be close to 90 so we may get out the kiddie pool.

Have a great day everyone.

Morning all,

We're all up. Was about to go back to bed and then Brian's pager went off. Nothing major but we were all up at that point.

Got several things to do today including making pretzels, baking some bread in the bread maker, putting in the ACs before the 90s reach us tomorrow. ALso need to clean up the living room yet again!

Well, I need to get ready for church. Ash is acolyting and Izzie does want to go. Brian just asked if I had to leave soon. Think he's trying to get rid of me?

May stop at the grocery store and pick up a couple things on our way back home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter