big screen tv?

disang

Mouseketeer
Was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a big screen tv? My brother has a Sony Wega 50" and we want something similar but I'm not sure if that is the best picture quality. I don't know alot about them but was looking through the ads yesterday and saw some new tvs with built in HD. The sony wega is a projection tv and I would need a special box with Dish Network to receive the HD quality. Any suggestions or opinions? We're looking at 50"!
Thanks in advance!

we have the same sony wega. do not have the hdtv stuff w/it, but love the picture quality. My only issue with this tv, is that in 3 years, we've had to get 2 replacement lamps for the tv. the first cost over $300...the second, after me arguing w/them, they replaced free cuz it was defective and happened less than 6 mos after the 1st.

We have the Pioneer Elite for 4.5 years. The picture is the best I have seen of anybody who has and HDTV monitor. I don't think they make the model we have anymore. It is a rear projector and we have only had it cleaned once (after 3 years). It was very clean and we have never replaced a bulb.

My Aunt has the Mitubishi and the buld has blown twice in just over a year.

We have the Sony Wega 40" with HD. It's a LCD-rear projection tv and we love it. We always get compliments from friends on the picture quality, especially the HD channels. We haven't replaced a bulb yet (had it for 1 year - knock on wood!). Good Luck!

If you are going to pay extra for a TV with a built-in HD receiver, first check to be sure that you are really going to be able to use it.

You'll be able to receive "over the air" HDTV for local channels without a box (via an antenna - yuk).

But if you have cable TV, some cable companies scramble some HDTV channels and require you to use their box to get them, negating any advantage to the built-in HD receiver. Some companies scramble all of the HDTV channels, while others may leave local channels unscrambled, but scramble the others such as ESPN and Discovery.

So you want to be sure that you are not restricting your choices of TV's to get a feature that you may not even use.

We have a 43" Hitachi Wide Screen TV. We have had it for over 5 years now and have had no problems with it. I think Hitachi makes bigger tvs now, and they have a great picture quality. Good luck in your search!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter