BIG NEWS FOR DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!

mr_good

Earning My Ears
This is from www.mouseplanet.com, I am taking it for word form the site. Just thought some of you might want to know about this.

2/3/01 2:00 PM Pacific: MousePlanet: Disneyland Resort Annual Passport Sales Suspended.

MousePlanet has learned today that the Disneyland Resort has made the unprecedented decision of suspending all Annual Passport sales and upgrades to its Anaheim parks. Renewals remain available. Our columnists have confirmed the news by speaking to Disneyland Guest Relations Cast Members both at Disneyland City Hall and through the published phone number.

Rush transcript of statement from the Disneyland Resort -

The Disneyland Resort, including the Disney Store, will no longer sell or update any Annual Passports. To ensure that all of our guests have the best possible experience while visiting the Disneyland Resort theme parks, we have suspended the sale of Disneyland Resort Annual Passports until further notice. This change does not apply to our current Passport holders, who may continue to renew their existing Annual Passports.

The main entrance will only renew current Annual Pass holders to their same pass type.

Expired renewals will only be allowed for 30 days after the pass's expiration date.

No upgrades will be allowed, neither to the Two-Park or from one type of pass to another.

No upgrades of daily tickets to Annual Passports.

We want to provide all of our guests an opportunity to visit our two theme parks during the opening year of the resort expansion. Limiting the sale of Annual Passports will ensure that more guests have the opportunity to visit the parks. In addition, because of this program's popularity, we wish to make Annual Passports a more special experience by limiting their numbers.

We expect the expanded resort to be extremely popular with our guests, particularly during its opening year, regardless of whether or not we sell Annual Passports. We have suspended the Annual Passport sales in order to allow more guests the opportunity to visit the resort.

Send Help....umm and Pins,

Jeremiah
1979-???? Disneyland
1980- CR
1995-All Star Sports
1996-All Star Music
1997-Poly
1998-All Star Music
1999-All Star Movies
2000-All Star Sports
2001-All Star Sports/DxL
2001- Grand California

That's horrible!! I was planning on purchasing three Deluxe Annual Passes for our trip next month since we will be staying there for 10 days.

Guess I better make a trip to my local Disney Store and see if they have anymore info or if they possibly have any remaining Disneyland annual passes. :(

Sheila
sheila.bennett@home.com
Wilderness Lodge; Dec 1999
Disneyland March 2001!

Well after I read that and posted I called Disneyland right away and the CM at City Hall said yes that is ture no more AP's. The way she put it they have sold out of them? I asked if that jsut means they will get some more in and she said no they have reached there cap of AP's and there is no word on when or if they will start up again. I was very upset and laughing at the same time. For years Disneyland has been saying how AP holders always messed things up for other guests (can anyone say Light Magic AP night?) and had always talked about stopping with the AP's but never did anything till now.
One thing that a lot of people have said when they read that is they will just upgrade there pass to the top one....well you might want to re-read that, you CAN NOT upgrade any pass to anything. So until they start back up with AP's what ever you have now is all you get. So if you have the Ca pass with every weekend blacked out that is what you will have for, I would guess, until atleast after summer. But that is just a guess on my part....

Jeremiah
1979-???? Disneyland
1980- CR
1995-All Star Sports
1996-All Star Music
1997-Poly
1998-All Star Music
1999-All Star Movies
2000-All Star Sports
2001-All Star Sports/DxL
2001- Grand California

This is great news!

I am so sick of some the locals raiding the place on my recent trip.

Too many folks were having Disney babysit their teens after school.

Lets move DLR up a notch in terms of experience!

Good job Pressler and Mr. E!

anidragon01.gif

Feel free to send me an email :)

If you need help with your Disney problem click here:Calbay's 12 Steps of Disneyholics Anonymouse

My recent trip to the Disneyland Resort
Calbay's Holiday 2000 Disneyland Trip Report

I think it is good and bad at the same time. It will help with the problem you stated but that wont change the fact that all the AP's were already sold to the kids whos parents drop them off anyway. Maybe when they renew they should do a background check LOL.....

Jeremiah

chernabog07.gif

Do I See Pins???

As an out of area AP holder I'm bothered by this. Though I can understand the local situation, I doubt I would be willing to pay for daily passes to DCA. Having two boys, 6 & 3, its not worth it at $40/day. We've made three trips to Disneyland, and were about to purchse AP for our 3 year old, with this I have a feeling I won't be going to Disneyland anymore. Its hard enough to justify an AP for a three year old but at the daily rate I just can't do it. Hope Disney makes money on everyone else as the just managed to lose a guest. :(

<font face="Tahoma"> SteveH
<font color="#000080">Co-Moderator:</font> <font color="#000080"> Resorts Board
<font color="#008080">Webmaster:</font> <font color="#008080"> Coronado Springs Photo & Info Site</font>
<font color="#CC0099">Bound for the Grand Californian at Disneyland

They have lost me too but then again I'm just a local...

Mike

sinatra1.jpg
dps.jpg

Yes, it IS true as we just got back from a weekend at DCA and DL today, and I was planning on upgrading my AP to the two-park AP. No such luck. :( Kicking myself now for not getting out there before this was imposed.

I do understand the decision, as hard as it is, as the crowds are getting to be UNBEARABLE at the parks and I guess this is Disney's way of assuring that a bad situation doesn't get any worse. I don't like it, but I guess I have to live with it.

Michelle
Assistant Webmaster
Cruise & Inspiration Board Co-Host
Disneyland Board Co-Host

I just recieved my upgraded, 2-park Premium Pass in the mail last week!! So I guess I'm in the "safe zone" for now :D If crowding is the concern, I still think they should sell AP's to out-of-staters who will be here for an extended stay. We bought WDW AP's in Dec. because we were there for 12 days. It has also given us an incentive to return within the year. :)

<marquee direction="right" align="left" behavior="alternate"><font size=3><font color=#FF0066><font face="Comic Sans MS"><bold>LISA</marquee></font></font></font></bold>
<marquee direction="left" align="right" behavior="alternate"><font size=3><font color=#6600CC><font face="Comic Sans MS"><bold>"Diva of Dragons"</marquee></font></font></font></bold>
<marquee>
ariel11.gif
</marquee>

After flipping around local news tonight it seems that SoCal resident are furious. A lady was yelling on ABC tonight about not being able to buy a 2 park pass after being a passholder for 10 years...

sinatra1.jpg
dps.jpg

Sorry to disagree, but this is a good idea.

Locals were crowding the parks and not spending the big bucks on food and merchandise.

My guess was that this move was planned long ago.

Now hopefully they will spend the money on a new ride or two or increase the dividends paid to the shareholders.

alcheshire_cat.gif

Local money is the same as others. The other side is that many AP holders have been long time Disney supporters, even during the dull times. I think anytime you show disrespect to loyal customers you are only asking for problems. I can see if they were to eliminate or consolidate some of the passes, but to make an offer to open up APs to DCA then pull it before the grand opening shows they hadn't done their planning far in advance. I think they will take it on the chin for this, but hopefully they can reverse themselves too.

Locals in my opinion are what drives any theme park. If it wasn't for Annual Passes at USH I seriously believe that I'd be out of a Job now. Most passholders spend lots of money on food and souvenirs. They bring relatives from out of town to the park. Almost all pin traders are annual passholders and we spend THOUSANDS of dollars on our hobby and some of us travel to the park everyday. You are welcome to your opinion as are you calbay who also supported taking away annuals. In my opinion if Disney didn't have annuals WDW would still have 2 theme parks and one water park. DL would not even be thinking of opening a second gate. I think Disney should value the people who travel there regualarly. It's nice all you come visit us once a year or once ever 2 years but who comes in between your visits. The passholders...

sinatra1.jpg
dps.jpg

I agree that they may bring back some sort of AP if attendance ever drops, but I think most AP holders will eventually pay the new price to get in.

True Disney fans, even disgruntled AP's, will not stay away for long.

alcheshire_cat.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter