• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

big kids onboard during school?

lodgelady

DIS Veteran
We are taking our kids out of school for our cruise. Is there a chance my DS (11) or DD(6) will not have lots of kids to play with in the clubs during this off-peak time? I didn't think about this when I booked for May.

Just my opinion, but I'm sure they'll find lots of kids their age. We went cruising in October of 2001, and there were plenty of kids then (our kids get a fall break, but I don't think that's very common).

There are always PLENTY of kids on the cruise. :) My daughter is in a year-round school and we cruise in early December every year when most kids are in school. There are tons of kids in the programming then too. Many parents pull kids out of school for the trip, so don't worry, your kids will have lots of kids to play with. :)

We will be on Wonder May 4-8 and my DS11 and DD10 are going also. I don't believe they will have any problem finding other kids their age:>

We cruised the WOnder in May of 2001 and my ds was 11 at the time, there were ALOT of kids! No worries...they will find plenty of friends.:)

Lisa

And I will tell you when we return because we are travelling with DSs 15, 13 and 81/2 and DD 11!

Thanks everyone for the reassurance- I feel better now!

vicnmickey- we are on the May 3rd Magic...hope you have a blast on the Wonder!

Ismac: was your DS happy with the club?

mickeymom629- looking forward to hearing your comments! Bon Voyage!!!!

WebmasterMichelle- how do you like the year-round school? Massachusetts keeps bringing up this idea from time to time, but I can't imagine how it works.

lodgelady: It's kind of strange because during that Wonder cruise my ds wanted next to nothing to do with the Lab, but during our 7 day Magic cruise in December, I couldn't get him OUT of the Lab! Guess a year makes a big difference in their social needs?LOL
He liked both Labs, just spent more time with the it the 7day. I think this is because he had more time to get to know the kids.

Lisa

Hi, lodgelady. We are one the same cruise as you, and have also taken our DS 11 out of school for the week. So I know there will be at least one boy his age to hang out with! We are really starting to count the days! If you like, drop a pm and we can compare notes on their interests in case they want to keep an eye out for each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter