• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Big decision over Cdn special

hockey mom

<font color=coral>Loves to do the Napkin Dance at
O.K. guys help me out here. I was going to buy the regular 7 day hopper so that we could use days next year also, but what I did not realize is that the free character breakfast is not included.

Cdn Special-Save $700 dollars
-Free character breakfast
-Don't have to cram AK and Epcot into one day
-Could run over to Epcot for night fireworks

Reg. passes-no tickets to buy next year-huge savings

So what does everyone think here. Help me please.

Hi Hockey Mom. How many days do you think you'll actually use on your pass this year? How many of the 4 "options" do you think you'll use? Just trying to get some more info to help you out.

We will only be in Disney for 6 days. So I had 1 for MK, 1 for MGM and 1 between epcot and AK. Then 1 day for each for BB and TL. I was thinking that if I had the special we could head over to a park after the water parks, but then I fell like I am cramming it all in to get my moneys worth. What do you think.

On another note if your family has yet to see Osborne lights try to get over to see it after you arrive, it is amazing, and I believe it ends on the 6th.

The 7 day hoppers are 7 theme park days (MK, AK, MGM and Epcot) and 4 Plus days (water parks or downtown disney). Your post has only 3 theme park days planned. Therefore buy the normal passes that do not expire. Cost more initially, but will have 4 more theme park days and 2 water parks remaining for future visits

As mentioned, the regular 7 day hopper plus pass is really 11 Disney days, so you can use 6 for this trip and 5 for the next. EXAMPLE: This trip, 4 parks & 1 option, next trip 3 parks & 3 options ~ or mix it up a bit. OR save the cash, enjoy the breakfast incl. and come and go as you please to the parks! Last year we bought the Canadian special and loved the freedom of coming and going. We had 7 days at Disney, so we did parks every day! In 7 days, we managed this schedule:
MK 4 times
MGM 2 times
Epcot 2 times
AK once
TL 2 times
BB once
We had a blast. I felt very very special to have the freedom and use up all the tickets. Upon first day arrival, we checked into CBR early, room wasn't ready, so we took off to MK for lunch at CCH and the parade! It was way cool!

This year we are buying the same tickets without hesitation and will use them all up. We are only saving about $235.00 Two adults and one child and one baby (baby is free). When I was wrestling with the same choice as you, I just could not stand to budget park time. I wanted as much park time as possible. So I guess it's just a personal choice. You will make the PERFECT choice for your family, you know them best! Relax and have a fabulous trip! S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter