• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Big Apple, Boardwalk, and Beach - Bullies and Wrap-up (The End!) (pg 44)

I'm sure they could do that if they wanted to. I see in today's news that when you enter the park as a DVC member you'll get a different color scheme when you use your magic band at the turnstile.

I was getting the Rainbow colors sometimes when I "tapped in" but no one told me why. As for the band alerting those to my allergies... For me I have the "never eats", the don't eat too many" and those that are a problem only when I am already having issues and need to be totally allergy free.

I was getting the Rainbow colors sometimes when I "tapped in" but no one told me why. As for the band alerting those to my allergies... For me I have the "never eats", the don't eat too many" and those that are a problem only when I am already having issues and need to be totally allergy free.
Just popping in been gone too long !!! Been busy being a GREAT Grandma !!! He is 3 months old already

I was getting the Rainbow colors sometimes when I "tapped in" but no one told me why.

Didn't you notice them whispering to one another, "keep an eye on her".

As for the band alerting those to my allergies... For me I have the "never eats", the don't eat too many" and those that are a problem only when I am already having issues and need to be totally allergy free.

You're one of those hard cases, just like my wife! ;)

Just popping in been gone too long !!! Been busy being a GREAT Grandma !!! He is 3 months old already

Aw, enjoy being a Great Grandma Rosie! Glad you popped in here to check up on us.

Animal Kingdom afternoon

Now refueled, we had some park touring to do. Next up was a fastpass for Dinosaur. There isn’t a huge demand for this ride in my family, but we’d skipped it the last couple of trips so I wanted to re-experience it since it had been quite a while. We made our way into Dinoland, as evidenced by this photo of the dinosaur skeleton at the entrance. (Shhh, don’t tell anyone but I actually took this photo on the way out.)

IMG_8934_zpszqfumadf.jpg

Once at the ride, Judy decided to give it a try, using her patented neck-protecting/scare-preventing technique®.

AK_DINOSAURRIDE_7413338884_zpsu0vftour.jpeg

We all have strange looks on our faces, but the kid in the front row looks just plain bored.

The ride was fine, and basically as I remembered: bumpy, kinda fun, but I can’t believe that anyone actually gets scared by the dinosaur lunge at the moment the ride photo is taken. And now we can check this ride off the list for the next trip or two.

We perused the gift shop. I believe this is Chester & Hester’s Dinosaur Treasures.

IMG_8933_zpsbhwvdc6m.jpg

They did have a lot of stuff in there. I could see this place being a world of wonder for any young child with a dinosaur obsession, of which there are many.

I took a picture of this t-shirt because Marlene had a couple of T Rex shirts that make fun of his short arms. She had one that says “T Rex can’t do push-ups”, but I’ve seen them that say “Reach for the stars!”, “If you’re happy and you know it...”, “Licensed to carry small arms”, or my favorite: “T Rex Gym, where every day is leg day”. It’s easy to make fun of him now that he isn’t here to defend himself, being extinct and all. If it wasn’t for that danged cataclysmic event, I bet we’d all be keeping our short-arm comments to ourselves!

IMG_8932_zps3a2u3rg6.jpg

We decided to make our way back to Asia, to catch the next Flights of Wonder show. On the way, I took a picture of the construction efforts that would become Rivers of Light.

IMG_8935_zpsvsc2zdug.jpg

The fam heading into Asia.

IMG_8936_zpsh1nejrl5.jpg

These boats look very inviting. I wish they had a little boat ride around Discovery Island.

IMG_8937_zpsgbv2hoeu.jpg

I’m only going to post a couple of pictures from Flights of Wonder because I can never get good pictures in that show. First you have the comedic foil: the “lost” tour guide.

IMG_8939_zps3wopsaml.jpg

Here’s a blurry bird picture just to demonstrate how all of my Flights of Wonder pictures turn out.

IMG_8941_zpszoming7o.jpg

Fortunately, the bald eagle held still so that I could finally get a picture that wasn’t blurry. It shows just how big those birds are!

IMG_8947_zpse8xm3ng3.jpg

Regardless of how hard it is to get not-blurry pictures, it’s a fun little show and a great opportunity to get off of your feet for a few minutes. We enjoyed it, as always.

After the show we remembered to reapply sunscreen and went down to a little pavilion-type of place near the water (not to be confused with a van, down by the river), in order to get out of the way of the crowds.

With our sun protection factors now at appropriate levels, we left. On our way out we passed by these two guys, Baloo and King Louie.

IMG_8948_zps8i7hqgat.jpg

IMG_8949_zpsopnpz663.jpg

I didn’t realize it when we passed them but they were making their way down to their meet-and-greet area, which happens to be a little pavilion-type of place near the water. (ie. Where we just were. We would’ve been overrun had we stayed at our little out-of-the-way sunscreen spot a moment longer. Or first-in-line, for Baloo and King Louie, however you want to look at it.) Here’s a shot of it, on our way out of Asia.

IMG_8950_zpsamgkkiyq.jpg

This long-legged bird proclaimed, “None shall pass!”

IMG_8951_zps4l4wbpgn.jpg

I said, “I have no quarrel with you, good Sir Knight, but I must cross this bridge.” Eventually flesh wounds were delivered and we were again on our way.

There was some construction going on at the Tree of Life, so the trails would only let us in so far before we encountered barricades. We were disappointed by that, but I still got some decent pictures, such as this walrus. (According to John Lennon, the walrus was Paul.)

IMG_8952_zps6mxd2qgj.jpg

IMG_8953_zpsa1cqcqdi.jpg

IMG_8955_zpssdfdu41n.jpg

IMG_8956_zpsgkfxsivh.jpg

IMG_8957_zpscxxyyoxz.jpg

IMG_8961_zpsvbtdjirw.jpg

We were running out of steam and ready to make for the exit.

There was quite a bit of construction going on in this section of Discovery Island, near Island Mercantile and Disney Outfitters.

IMG_8962_zpsd2mpvurj.jpg

We stopped for a Photopass picture in front of the Tree of Life.

IMG_8963_zpsecf0vko2.jpg

Lauren bought a “Tangled” towel at Island Mercantile.

IMG_8964_zpsdc0iu2gd.jpg

Judy bought a Disneyfied Starbucks mug at the Starbucks store and Lauren and Marlene got frapuccinos. It was 91 degrees (again), so I’m sure they tasted great!

It was hot, we were spent, time to head out. But we weren’t going back to the Boardwalk just yet.

Up next: Visiting our home away from home

Last edited:

Really enjoyed your trip report! The wedding was a huge bonus...thank you for sharing that!! (and congratulations!)

There isn’t a huge demand for this ride in my family, but we’d skipped it the last couple of trips

It's definitely skippable for a few trips.

Judy decided to give it a try, using her patented neck-protecting/scare-preventing technique®.

Seems to work! This could catch on!

we perused the gift shop. I believe this is Chester & Hester’s Dinosaur Treasures.

I've never stopped in here before. Maybe I should. (See below VV)

I took a picture of this t-shirt because Marlene had a couple of T Rex shirts that make fun of his short arms. She had one that says “T Rex can’t do push-ups”, but I’ve seen them that say “Reach for the stars!”, “If you’re happy and you know it...”, “Licensed to carry small arms”, or my favorite: “T Rex Gym, where every day is leg day”. It’s easy to make fun of him now that he isn’t here to defend himself, being extinct and all. If it wasn’t for that danged cataclysmic event, I bet we’d all be keeping our short-arm comments to ourselves!

:rotfl2::thumbsup2:lmao:

These boats look very inviting. I wish they had a little boat ride around Discovery Island.

That's a fabulous idea!!

Here’s a blurry bird picture just to demonstrate how all of my Flights of Wonder pictures turn out.

I understand this with great frustration and sadness!

I said, “I have no quarrel with you, good Sir Knight, but I must cross this bridge.” Eventually flesh wounds were delivered and we were again on our way.

:lmao:

It's just a small flesh wound.

We were disappointed by that,

We were too. Everywhere. THe only trail open the exit from ITTBAB so we walked it, took pictures and left. Sad.

(Shhh, don’t tell anyone but I actually took this photo on the way out.)
Your secret is safe...

We all have strange looks on our faces, but the kid in the front row looks just plain bored.
I think the dinosaur woke him up.

The ride was fine, and basically as I remembered: bumpy, kinda fun, but I can’t believe that anyone actually gets scared by the dinosaur lunge at the moment the ride photo is taken.
Totally agree. I enjoy the ride, but it isn't like I'm upset if I can't fit it in. And I've never understood why so many people think it is so absolutely terrifying.

After the show we remembered to reapply sunscreen and went down to a little pavilion-type of place near the water (not to be confused with a van, down by the river), in order to get out of the way of the crowds.
But if there was AC in a van down by the river, that might have been a welcome respite.

Judy bought a Disneyfied Starbucks mug at the Starbucks store and Lauren and Marlene got frapuccinos. It was 91 degrees (again), so I’m sure they tasted great!
Yeah... forget Starbucks. Put in a bunch of icee machines. I'll get my caffeine and sugar overload that way.

The ride was fine, and basically as I remembered: bumpy, kinda fun, but I can’t believe that anyone actually gets scared by the dinosaur lunge at the moment the ride photo is taken. And now we can check this ride off the list for the next trip or two.

Somehow I think the big Dino is either toned down or "yetified" Not at all frightening or even surprising anymore.

or my favorite: “T Rex Gym, where every day is leg day”.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Isn't that where....

I didn’t realize it when we passed them but they were making their way down to their meet-and-greet area, which happens to be a little pavilion-type of place near the water. (ie. Where we just were. We would’ve been overrun had we stayed at our little out-of-the-way sunscreen spot a moment longer. Or first-in-line, for Baloo and King Louie, however you want to look at it.) Here’s a shot of it, on our way out of Asia.

Oh Never mind...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What she said^^

IMG_8963_zpsecf0vko2.jpg

Great family photo!!!

(Shhh, don’t tell anyone but I actually took this photo on the way out.)

Are you allowed to do that??

Once at the ride, Judy decided to give it a try, using her patented neck-protecting/scare-preventing technique®.

Looks like she's really enjoying herself!

Kids these days. So jaded.

The ride was fine, and basically as I remembered: bumpy, kinda fun, but I can’t believe that anyone actually gets scared by the dinosaur lunge at the moment the ride photo is taken.

Yeah, that one boggles my mind, too. I mean, you know it's coming.

It’s easy to make fun of him now that he isn’t here to defend himself, being extinct and all. If it wasn’t for that danged cataclysmic event, I bet we’d all be keeping our short-arm comments to ourselves!

We may or may not have a couple of these shirts in the family collection...:rolleyes1

On the way, I took a picture of the construction efforts that would become Rivers of Light.

Hey, thanks for the update! :thumbsup2 Good to see it's coming along.:rolleyes1

That seems like an obvious attraction, doesn't it?

He's a loony.

Nice family shot there!

It was now time for lunch and I was excited to try out the Harambe Market, which had only been open for a short time before our trip.

We've never done this. Not sure if we'll try it. I have to agree with Andy and the thought of AC sounds really good.

James and I agreed that we’d tell her that it was her Magic Band that told Disney of her food restriction and when we met back up with her she was already wondering if that was the case, so we went with it.

This is something DH would do with a straight face.

Judy and I got the chicken skewers.

This looks good.

And we got a milk tart to split for dessert, just to get a taste.

Desert, even better.

There isn’t a huge demand for this ride in my family, but we’d skipped it the last couple of trips so I wanted to re-experience it since it had been quite a while.

For some reason DH really loves Dinosaur so we have to ride it every trip.

“T Rex Gym, where every day is leg day”.

Love this! Perfect shirt for son-in-law

We decided to make our way back to Asia, to catch the next Flights of Wonder show.

Missed this last trip so it's going to be a priority for next trip.

I can never get good pictures in that show.

Me either.

Fabulous family photo.

Really enjoyed your trip report! The wedding was a huge bonus...thank you for sharing that!! (and congratulations!)

:welcome: TinkHappy! Thanks for reading and thanks for commenting! A lot of DISers have followed our trips over the years so I knew they'd want to see some pictures from the big day. It was quite a day!

It's definitely skippable for a few trips.

Yes, but on the other hand, you should check it out every once in a while.

Seems to work! This could catch on!

She should patent it, like the Heimlich!

I've never stopped in here before. Maybe I should. (See below VV)

:rotfl2::thumbsup2:lmao:

If you want jump on the T-Rex small arm bashing bandwagon, then yes, get on in there!

That's a fabulous idea!!

It's a no-brainer, is what it is. I don't know why they haven't done it yet.

I understand this with great frustration and sadness!

Yep, I know you do.

:lmao:

It's just a small flesh wound.

Good catch!

We were too. Everywhere. THe only trail open the exit from ITTBAB so we walked it, took pictures and left. Sad.

Those trails are so cool for getting up-close to the tree...very disappointing when they're closed.

Your secret is safe...

Put it in the vault Andy.

I think the dinosaur woke him up.

The dino is gonna incur his wrath!!

Totally agree. I enjoy the ride, but it isn't like I'm upset if I can't fit it in. And I've never understood why so many people think it is so absolutely terrifying.

I wouldn't mind if they paid some attention to this area after Pandora gets up and running. (And Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land.)

But if there was AC in a van down by the river, that might have been a welcome respite.

See, don't underestimate a van down by the river...if it's got AC!

Yeah... forget Starbucks. Put in a bunch of icee machines. I'll get my caffeine and sugar overload that way.

Dutch Bros is big out west...they have some iced coffee concoctions that might be good.

Somehow I think the big Dino is either toned down or "yetified" Not at all frightening or even surprising anymore.

"Yetified" -- I like that! I think if they make the dinosaur eat one random rider, every so often, it could go a long way to making this a more scary ride. ;)

Isn't that where....

Oh Never mind...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah, you had to wait for it. :laughing: I was glad we got done and got out of there!

What she said^^

@Steppesister didn't let the quote get past her!

Great family photo!!!

Thanks Pat.

Are you allowed to do that??

I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.

Looks like she's really enjoying herself!

Doesn't it though?! :laughing: I guess she preferred this option over sitting on a bench, waiting for us to come out.

Kids these days. So jaded.

And they'll be picking out our nursing home.

Yeah, that one boggles my mind, too. I mean, you know it's coming.

See the recommendation I made in my reply to Pat ^^

We may or may not have a couple of these shirts in the family collection...:rolleyes1

Oh I'm sure!

Hey, thanks for the update! :thumbsup2 Good to see it's coming along.:rolleyes1

Yeah, it oughtta be quite the attraction some day!

That seems like an obvious attraction, doesn't it?

Yeah, it sure does. And it'd be one way to reduce the crowds a little bit.

He's a loony.

All right, we'll call it a draw.

Nice family shot there!

Thank you Mark.

We've never done this. Not sure if we'll try it. I have to agree with Andy and the thought of AC sounds really good.

AK is a pretty hot park, but I thought this food was pretty great.

This is something DH would do with a straight face.

It's probably a very "husband" thing to do!

This looks good.

It was!

Desert, even better.

Don't skip it!

For some reason DH really loves Dinosaur so we have to ride it every trip.

Well, you know the priorities!

Love this! Perfect shirt for son-in-law

I hope you find one someday.

Missed this last trip so it's going to be a priority for next trip.

More priorities already set. That's good!

Me either.

Well, when you go, just enjoy it and don't try too hard for pictures.

Fabulous family photo.

Hey thanks Vanessa!

Yes, but on the other hand, you should check it out every once in a while.

Yes. Provided the rider's neck isn't "in a state".

She should patent it, like the Heimlich!

Just think of all the millions to be made in stooopid law suits!

Good catch!

;)

Those trails are so cool for getting up-close to the tree...very disappointing when they're closed.

I'd love to know from anyone who's been there recently if they're open again now that ROL is running.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter