Big annOuncement?

sambycat

DIS Veteran
Anyone know what the DFTW announcement is today? I hope it's something interesting that perhaps benefits current DFTW brides to be as well as future. Especially since we lost our 2nd park shoot. popcorn::

It's a new blog. Which should be a nice addition but I can't help but feel the web master ought to first get the existing websites to run smoothly!!

It's a new blog. Which should be a nice addition but I can't help but feel the web master ought to first get the existing websites to run smoothly!!

Yeah I just checked it out. Kind of a let down. DFTW on Facebook sort of made a big to-do last week about there being a "big surprise", and it's just a blog, and of course, it doesn't work right. At least for me it doesn't.

I just wish I could get a coordinator to call me back so that I can book my wedding!

Been trying for a week and keep being told one is being assigned to me and they will call me shortly. I was thinking...within the next day or two. But I guess Disney-ese means in the next month or two.

It's taking forever for the photos in the posts to load..and the posts are the wedding centric ones that were already on the Disney parks blog. I'm wondering if this separate blog means we'll see more wedding posts, or if they'll just be organized in one place? I hope they post more pictures of real weddings. I also can't watch the video from work..is it interesting?

Eta: I wonder if Disney was feeling threatened by the Disney wedding blog? Or if they tried to buy the domain name from Carly? Hmm

Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed as well. I keep getting error messages when I click on links. And, the stuff I can see is kind of redundant because I've already seen it on their other blog or their facebook page. Oh well. :confused3

I'm disappointed in the blog. The link for Disneyland does not work so I complained, and they responded that they will be adding content "soon." Why make a website go live if it's not complete yet????? Us CA brides get the short end of the stick with DFTW and I'm a little annoyed by it.

Okay ... rant over, lol! :rolleyes:

Yet again, Disney falls short in the tech department. That blog is very disappointing. When you can actually see images, they are repeated in several spots. That pirate wedding is in the "For the groom," "Tips and Trends," and "Real Weddings" categories. I think it's a waste and a let down.

I'm actually excited that the blog is up, although I was also disappointed when I couldn't get it to run smoothly. With all the stuff on Disney weddings out there, I can't possibly cover everything and Disney has access to a lot of great photos/information that I don't have.

Here's hoping they get the tech problems figured out and they start adding more pictures and new information. Maybe they were just getting the old stuff out of the way to make sure it was on the blog somewhere. (Fingers crossed!) They definitely have the resources to make it a very cool, helpful site.

Oh and as for Disneyland bride info - I completely agree!! I feel like Disneyland weddings are seriously overlooked, but they have so many great benefits over WDW weddings in a lot of areas. If I had to do it all over again, there's a really good chance that I would be a Disneyland bride! Disney needs to step it up and start showing off those weddings!!!

I think it's s hood idea, it just is so incomplete toWarrant calling it a BIG announcement! In general though their websites tend to look good on the surface and be more show than substance....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter