• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Big Agent error on package quote

cdotla

Trish
A friend of mine made reservations this morning by phone at the GF on the Magic your Way with free dining promotion for next Feb.

She gave the WDW agent the free dining promotion code I gave her, which I got from the Dis.

She was supposed to spend the 1st 3 nites at the GF, then was planning on booking the Portofino Bay for 3 nites as they are going to see Harry Potter, then would spend the last 3 nites at the Poly.

I guess the agent made numerous mistakes during the call, and at one point even hung up on her (accidentally).

After the call she got an email confirming her reservation for 9 nites at the GF but was quoted the cost of 3 nites at the GF - not 9!!!

She forwarded me the email reservation confirmation. Sure enough it shows Magic Your Way with Free Dining at the GF for 9 nites. At the price for 3 nites!!!

I even priced it out online myself - sure enough, the price she is being quoted is only for 3 nites, not 9.

Has anyone ever heard of this??? I would not have thought the system would have allowed the agent to do this -no matter how many mistakes he made during the booking.:confused3

She needs to call back and get it all straightened out. Otherwise there could be problems later on.

She does know that she needs to call Portofino to book there because it's not WDW right?

When we booked last time, I did so over the phone. Something similar happened to me where they showed me having extra nights on my itinerary at my mod hotel at no extra cost and less at the value (split stay). It was weird. I don't remember all of the details, but it never played out. I paid for what I booked. I think I called to make sure or something and it was just a glitch in the system. But if I were her, I'd call to make sure just so that her plans will work out.

I had this happen earlier in the week. I had booked a stay from 1/5 through 1/13 originally, and when I changed it to 1/5 through 1/10 only, the top of the detailed reservation confirmation showed 1/5 - 1/12 (why, I don't know, as that was never what I had booked!). When I logged in and pulled the reservation details up online, it showed the correct dates for the room, however, so I know all is well. Too weird, though!

I had the same thing happen to me with the days.....We originally booked 11/14 - 11/20 , switched to 11/7-11/14 and then switched back to 11/14-11/20 (yeah I know, we waffled).

Needless to say, the system glitch is there on my confirmation - it says we are checking in on 11/7 and leaving 11/20. Wouldn't that be nice to be able to take that long off from work AND afford the Poly for that long at the same time ? :cool1:

The same thing happened to us we were originally supposed to go in Oct, our original check out date was Oct 23. I then decided to go in September so I called back and switched me reservation to sep 14-25. Well when I got my email it said Sept 14- Oct 23!!!!! I called back just to make sure that wasn't really there, they told me that it is a common mistake with the computers. I wish it were true that would be amazing!

That is what I figured. I already advised her that she should call to confirm check in and check out dates and the final price to be sure everything is right.

Of course, if Disney's online check in system has it the same way (doubtful) I am sure she will forgo Portofino for the "free" stay at the GF!:rotfl: (And yes, she knows it is not part of Disney!;))

I am very curious what Disney's online system will say.

I also agree with the others that say call and speak to someone. I would pretty much bet between now and next Feb that the system catches the difference and your friend will see an adjusted invoice for the 9 nites. :)

Sure enough....online only had her in for 3 nites.

At least I don't have to be jealous now! That deal was unbelievable!!! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter