Biergarten Long Wait Times To Be Seated

davkata

Mouseketeer
Does Biergarten still make you wait (and wait, and wait...) to be seated even with an ADR? Last year we waited a very long time, probably 30-45 minutes. I had seen reports on here prior to our trip that it was an ongoing issue. Anyone been recently that can give their experience if this still seems to be the norm?

We are used to waiting a bit to be seated at Biergarten as it seems we alwys have a wait there with an ADR, but on our last trip in September it was ridiculous. It was at least 30-45 minutes and the restaurant was only half full. I asked twice about the wait thinking they lost our ADR. We are a party of 5 so I sometimes wonder if the odd number contributes to long waits.

Did you have a special seating request? The first time we went, we waited what seemed a long time, but we requested to be near the stage. The second time we did not have requests and were seated within 5-10 minutes.

No requests for us either, and it was just DD and I. DH is coming this time and I know he will enjoy the food (and beer!) but I don't want to give up ride time if its going to be a long wait even with our ADR. We will be there the week before Memorial Day and have a 6:30 ADR currently if that matters.

We had a long wait to be seated (about 30 mins) when we went in 2014. We just went 2/2017 and we also had a special request (to be near the stage) and we waited about 5 mins. It was just me and my DH. -Amanda

No requests for us either, and it was just DD and I. DH is coming this time and I know he will enjoy the food (and beer!) but I don't want to give up ride time if its going to be a long wait even with our ADR. We will be there the week before Memorial Day and have a 6:30 ADR currently if that matters.
I had a 6:20 ADR for 2 in december and we only waited a few minutes. I was not clock watching but it was 5-10 minutes I'd guess... we walked around a bit first but it was so crowded we just came back to stand and wait.

Interesting...I've eaten there 3 times and never waited to be seated! Luck of the draw, I guess.

Thanks all! Seems the long waits can be random...Guess we will go for it since DD and I did enjoy it and I'm sure DH will as well.

We were there on MLK day in January. We waited 3 minutes at most. We had an early reservation, so that may have helped.

Huh. We eat there all the time and have never had more than a 5 -10 minute wait (and that includes checking in 10 minutes early.

We've dined here at least 6 or 7 times now and only once had a wait of more than a few minutes. That time it took about 15-20 minutes and that was a few years ago. Last time we ate here was in December and we were seated pretty quickly.

We had a really long wait in line about a year ago to get to the check in podium, but it's never been more than a few minutes after checking in.

The longest we had to wait at the Biergarten was the line to actually check in. And that was the day after Thanksgiving for lunch. Took us about ten minutes and we were given a pager and moved to the side. We were seated at our table five minutes after that. And we eat at Biergarten just about every year.

We've eaten there every trip and sometimes twice a trip (It is DH's favorite and DD always has ranked it up there with Princess meals), usually we are seated quickly. We had one time where we had a long wait a few years ago, and our most recent trip, last October, we had about a 15 minute wait. We were standing near the CM check in area, and one of the CMs told us that they were waiting for the party who would be sitting at our table with us to arrive and check in, and as soon as they got there, we would be seated. I don't recall always being seated along with the rest of our table- seems like we are often first and then the rest come in a few minutes, but that day, they were taking people in by entire table. I wonder if that was something they were trying last fall? In any event, we've eaten at Biergarten a lot and only twice I can think of have had a delay longer than 10 minutes after our ADR time.

We ea there every trip and have never waited more than 5-10 minutes.

Since they try to fill the communal tables, I wonder if different party sizes contribute to the wait times. If they don't have the right configuration for a party of 4 or 5, for instance, it may make the wait longer. I think they also try to seat the whole table around the same time, so you aren't sitting down with people who are mid-meal. The seating arrangements are probably like Tetris for them. Last time we were there, we were a party of 2 and only waited a few minutes.

We were a party of 8 one time and a party of 9 the other. We waited 45 minutes after our reservation the first time, and 55 minutes the second. And we checked in 5-10 minutes early each time. We try to avoid it, but my father's German heritage seems to make it a requirement when he comes along.

Since they try to fill the communal tables, I wonder if different party sizes contribute to the wait times. If they don't have the right configuration for a party of 4 or 5, for instance, it may make the wait longer. I think they also try to seat the whole table around the same time, so you aren't sitting down with people who are mid-meal. The seating arrangements are probably like Tetris for them. Last time we were there, we were a party of 2 and only waited a few minutes.

When it's busier, they don't want for an entire group to be seated together. So, they wouldn't wait for a party of five to be joined with a party of three. It's just my husband and I and we've been shown in during busy times to an already filled table of six and been seated after that group already had their food. And after that group had left, we were joined by a party of two and then another party of two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter