Biergarten kids offerings

MarBee

DIS Veteran
hello!
We were thinking of trying Biergarten for the first time this trip. Looking at the menu it says "Biergarten Kids Offerings." Can anyone tell me whf these offerings are specifically? (Trying to figure out if it's worth the money for us to eat there or not.)

I don't specifically remember a kid's section, but we went March '16. Our 2 and 7 yo loved it. The drumsticks, hot dogs, pretzel buns and the show were all favorites.

I don't specifically remember a kid's section, but we went March '16. Our 2 and 7 yo loved it. The drumsticks, hot dogs, pretzel buns and the show were all favorites.

Just curious- how loud was the show?

Also curious what kid offerings they have. Will be there in fall with 5 and 7 year old. Do they have pizza for kids?

we ate there for the first time last Christmas. and, we were surprised how much my husband and children loved it. i liked it. we had lunch, and three party members declared it the best meal of the 10-day trip. everything was kept hot and fresh, and replaced pretty quickly.
i don't remember it having a kids' only-type section. for lack of a better term, the food isn't weird...if the kids like chicken nuggets, they will like the pork schnitzel ...a little thin cutlet, breaded and lightly fried. it was yummy. if they like baked mac and cheese, they have a version of it that was really yummy. if they like butter noodles, the plain spaetzels would be great. lots of things that look like hotdogs...
there may have been pizza on the buffet too.

the show was cute. it plays every hour, maybe, for 15ish minutes. it is not so loud that you can't hear your self think....

We ate there for lunch in March. They had a kids section, but it still wasn't your normal kids foods like pizza, hotdogs, chicken nuggets etc. But my kids still did ok finding something to eat (7 yo twin girls). I looked back at the some pictures and it looked like they had regular salad, cucumber salad, tomato salad, bread, mac and cheese (but not your typical kids type), salami, bratwurst and some type of "hot dog" although it wasn't like regular hot dogs. They really liked the mac and cheese, but didn't really like the hot dogs. They also had a variety of desserts that they enjoyed as well- cookies, cheesecake, apple strudel and some fruit I believe. Did they eat enough that it was worth the cost? No, but that's the case at most restaurants with them. They are really light eaters, but my husband and I loved it and were so full we didn't eat the rest of the day. We all loved the show and thought the experience was definitely worth the cost.

Attachments

• DSC02569.JPG
    DSC02569.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 17

There was a video posted in a recent thread asking about Biergarten that showed the entire buffet. Worth looking through a couple pages to find it.

They don't have your standard kid offerings the way other buffets might. No hot dogs or pizza or anything like that. They do have mac and cheese, but it's not your standard kids mac and cheese. For my son who has issue with texture this was the only place he didn't like the mac and cheese.

They have pretzel bread and rolls, cold cuts, cheeses, a variety of salads, roasted chicken, pork, sausages, spaetzle (which I sold to my oldest as pasta), apple sauce, German meatloaf (huge hit with my kids and seemed more like ham than what we think of as meatloaf), roasted potatoes, fruit....a lot more but that's the less exotic stuff that my kids usually enjoy.

Depending on where you are seated will depend on how loud the music seems, down on the floor, louder, up in the wings and off to the side, not as loud. This being said, we have never found it too loud.
And I agree with the other comments on here, easy to find foods the kid's eat (schnitzel, bratwurst, man n cheese, spaetzle, pretzel bread, desserts, etc) but whether or not the are big eaters will determine if the cost is worth it. For my family, the food plus the entertainment are worth the cost.

Thanks all! I'm just trying to figure out how many pretzel rolls my picky eater will have to eat to get my money's worth :) Lol

I've got 2 picky eaters. They're your typical pizza, spaghetti, Mac n cheese type kids. There was nothing they would eat. Luckily the server didn't charge us but it was a terrible experience for us. Won't ever go there again. Well. At least not with my 2 pickers. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter