Biddingfortravel

dustysky

DIS Veteran
I have used that board for a while, not always liking how the admins speak to people but hey if thats the tone they choose to live there life with so be it.
Anyhow, I have noticed a very very rapid decrease in post's regarding priceline wins and also no admin postings in a very long time.

I would like to be able to find a more active and FRIENDLY board that repoerts back with priceline wins. Is there another one like this out there?

I have done betterbidding.com

I agree, the admins tone is less then desierable!! Especially if you don't read word by word their instructions or follow their rules by the "T". Was very turned off by their tone and don't use them anymore.

We used Priceline exclusively for years. We even used it last year for a few quick trips.

We just haven't gone anywhere in a while except Disney and for Disney we haven't used Priceline since we found out about SkyAuction.com.

I wonder if others have stopped using it as much too????

Dawn

I've also used betterbidding.com and have been successful in pinpointing what hotels were available in the area I was looking for. Good luck!

Wow - others share my feelings! I have always been afraid to post there for fear that I will make a mistake in my post and be yelled at!

I agree that the tone of the admins has always been a little "gruff". but I always used them because their advice did help me with hotel bidding. I remember reading about betterbidding.com, but haven't used them.....thanks for the reminder!!!!!

I love betterbidding.com, and I use Hotwire & Priceline almost all my travel plans. I just booked hotels in four cities our upcoming trip from NC to SD and back. Total $219 for 4 nights. I checked each of their websites for the lowest rates, and the same hotels for the same nights would've been $530.

I love betterbidding also!! Very friendly and helpful!! I think I read that betterbidding started because of the "gruff, unfriendly" manner biddingfor travel had...

I used to read their list of winning bids at biddingfor travel, then go thru betterbiding - esp if I had a question!! I've learned a lot from betterbidding - including using hotels.com for a starting price point! I've also learned to research conventions, and not to expect to get a hotel at any price in Chicago during the Restaurant convention!! :)

tinkwannabe2 said:
Wow - others share my feelings! I have always been afraid to post there for fear that I will make a mistake in my post and be yelled at!

Me, too, tinkwannabe2. I wonder how many people who might be willing to help they're alienating with their manner? They could be an even better resource with yet more information if they were even a bit more personable.

I think Sheryl the board dominatrix has been gone for awhile. Maybe she had a nervous breakdown. If you want to post on her board you must bid through her Amazing Bargains link and post your bid results immediately. I got a nasty note from here because I posted my bid results after my trip. That was the last time I posted.

There are dozens of people on Flyertalk who have reported being banned from Bidding for Travel. These are frequent travelers who have much to add. Does not make sense.

Pardon my naive question, but: Are people getting Disney Resort rooms thru Priceline for a good price?

How funny! I was just on biddingfortravel yesterday & was wondering why there weren't many postings recently. I found a great deal for a hotel in Florida in May but couldn't find the link on the webpage to bid so I was scared to post my deal since I didn't want to get "yelled at"!

I'm glad to hear there's another good website! Thanks for sharing!!

I agree she can't get a bit....

I am awfully I use the site but have only posted once.... and I got told off....

I will definitely try the other one....

thanks!!!

mtblujeans said:
Pardon my naive question, but: Are people getting Disney Resort rooms thru Priceline for a good price?

there was a time when you could get All star music or sports for $36 a night

don't know if this is still happening - or everyone has gotten mad and no longer posting...

however if this were still happening I think someone here would post - go look on the

disney resorts - codes & rates board

dustysky said:
what are skyauctions?

skyauction is a place where you can bid for a week stay in a timeshare or hotel.

timeshares are better (my opinion) more room.

for the timeshares you need to stay a week (okay I don't - but I lose because I leave early).

I won't bid on the hotels on skyauctions.... but that is me - you may have a completely different opinion....

the timeshares generally have an extra cost of $195 for a week stay and the hotel have a extra cost of $32 per night....

see big different
www.skyauction.com

read the ads carefully before you bid - be sure you understand what you are bidding for....

Just wanted to post a follow-up to this most recent thread about BiddingForTravel. I was banned from BFT yesterday. The exact reason why is unknown, but I can speculate that it was because I forgot to place my Priceline bid through the special link that Sheryl gives you so that she can make money. Because of that, I'm not longer welcome on the board. Nice customer service, huh? No warning. No response to my very polite email asking for an explanation.

It just makes me love places like the Disboards, Flyertalk and BetterBidding so much more! Everyone is so pleasant. :)

LeeLeeLuvsDisney said:
Just wanted to post a follow-up to this most recent thread about BiddingForTravel. I was banned from BFT yesterday. The exact reason why is unknown, but I can speculate that it was because I forgot to place my Priceline bid through the special link that Sheryl gives you so that she can make money. Because of that, I'm not longer welcome on the board. Nice customer service, huh? No warning. No response to my very polite email asking for an explanation.

It just makes me love places like the Disboards, Flyertalk and BetterBidding so much more! Everyone is so pleasant. :)

Don't worry! A year ago, I was "banned" too, and freaked out when it happened. :blush: However, she did reply to my concern and said it is a mishap with the boards sometimes, and not a true ban! She can't tell when you forget to place your bid through the link! Just relax, I'm sure this will be straightened out in no time. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter