Bidding ???'s on Airline Tickets

dreamer

Mouseketeer
I get a quote of $309 including all taxes from Hotwire. Can I play the game of subtracting all taxes then subtract $50 and submit the price to priceline, use their bonus money and see if it goes through? FYI - Published fares are $715+. Sorry this isn't for a trip to Disney...that's all set. This is from LGA - BZN. Thanks to all the DISers maybe I'll be able to see Mickey & ski all in the same year!!!

The only difference is that you don't know what flights that you will get from priceline!

Beverly1.gif
multi.GIF
<font size="4"><font color="purple"><font face="Book Antiqua">
<marquee> First Inaugural Member Of the WDW Resort Cheerleaders!!--yeah baby! </marquee><font></font></font>

Beverly

You can do that, but it's still possible that you will bid more than you have to. As far as subtracting taxes, passenger facility charges, segment fees and a $5.95 processing fee are added by Priceline to your bid amount on domestic itineraries. U.S. taxes are included in your bid amount, so it's not as simple as subtracting all of the taxes. I have run through Hotwire more than 200 winning Priceline bids. In all but 3 cases, Priceline beat Hotwire, and in the majority of those cases, Priceline beat Hotwire by more than $50 even after Priceline added all fees. In some cases, Priceline has beaten Hotwire by several hundred dollars. I think you will be interested to read my comments as well as those of others at http://pub4.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingwebsitesforcheck ingairfares.showMessage?topicID=12.topic

I am happy to help you bid for your trip through Priceline. If you provide *all* of the information requested in the Airline Tickets FAQ at the board I host to discuss bidding, and post it to the Bidding Related Questions category, I will give you a complete bidding strategy that will allow numerous re-bids without you having to change your airports.

http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

[This message was edited by TravelSheryl on 01-14-01 at 12:33 AM.]

You know absolutely nothing about the itinerary that you will get through Hotwire until you have paid for it. That aspect of Hotwire is no different from Priceline.

Thank you for all your quick responses. TravelSheryl I would love to use your sight and I am preparing all the necessary information...

Just as a comparison-

I looked at what I could get from Boston or Providence RI to MCO. The cheapest right now was about $250 roundtrip pluss you have to add the taxes. I bid $131 and got Midway airlines. I have one stop in each direction (one I switch planes and one I just wait). With taxes and fees I will pay $150.85. Basically I saved about about $100. I did use the bonus money of $50. I always staart about $125 under what is listed.

vheart6.gif

<font size=3><font color=red> Happy Valentine's Day!</font></font>
<font size=3><font color=red><marquee>Co-Captain & Charter Member of the Swan/Dolphin Cheerleading Team!!</marquee></font>
<font color=red>15 times to WDW 13 off-site three on!
Next trip Dolphin in July & Swan in DEC. 2001!</font>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest