Bid4Prizes Beware!

Dcanoli

DIS Veteran
I posted this on the SR forums but thought I might catch a few of you "Sunshiners" over here too! Deb
Some of you may already know this, but for those who do not. Beware of Bid4Prizes!

The offer pays $4, but THEY WILL CHARGE YOU $10 without your consent (so to speak).

Here's what the fine print says after you link to the offer from SR:

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY! Subject to Official Rules and details at www.bid4prizes.com or www.b4p.com. Must be to legal resident of 50US/DC 18 or older. Odds for any prize depend on the number of bids for that prize. To win a prize participant must be the lowest unique bidder for that prize as defined in Official Rules. Ends 10/31/07 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT. Void where prohibited. Sponsored by: New Motion, Inc., Irvine, CA 92606.

Terms of Service - This service is subject to the Bid4Prizes Terms and Conditions, and requires a handset which supports text messages and also has an active data service plan. For cell phone participation standard text message rates apply. The Bid4Prizes Service is billed to your cellular bill at a rate of $9.99 per month. Premium users will receive 1000 points for subscribing. Promotion includes 20 bids online or 20 text bids per day, regardless of method, which may be used to bid on and win prizes. At this time T-Mobile does not support this Bid4Prizes offer but their customers may accept other offers. Other charges may apply. To cancel your plan, send the text message "STOP" to 81000. Questions, please contact customer service at (800) 861-7414.
NOW....they have two services--STANDARD (which is free) and PREMIUM, which is this $10/month thing.

You have to SIGN UP for the $10 Premium service, but apparently, they think that you entering the contest for the iPod phone is SIGNING UP FOR THE PREMIUM SERVICE.

So, be warned! I have sent them an e-mail and "canceled" this Premium $10/month service (which I NEVER signed up for) and filed a dispute w/Verizon, but who knows what will happen in the end.

It looks like an innocent contest entry/survey-type thing, but your entry will cost you $6 in the end!

Not a good offer if we are losing $6 for something we don't even know we are signing up for! Beware!

I noticed that SR has a warning to "Read the fine print for details" on their Bid4Prizes offer. I'm glad that Tricia has that there. Sorry that you got conned by them. Hope it all works out well in the end.

...yes, Tricia does very plainly list that information on the offer, and when you go to the website, it clearly conflicts itself.....

It has two places where it says $9.99, but on the same page it also says, "NO PURCHASE NECESSARY" to play.

Then, on their homepage, it says (again, very plainly) that you have to SIGN-UP for the $9.99 premium service--or else you will be assigned to the standard free service.

Just a case of conflicting (and I believe--trapping) information website......

Bid4Prizes was very easy to work with. They responded quickly to my e-mails.

Verizon credited our account with no questions asked, and Bid4Prizes' "official" statement was that you have to SIGNIFY that you don't want to be charged when you sign up with them! :rotfl:

Of course, they never give you the OPTION to pick the FREE service, do they? They just say, albeit conflictingly, "$9.99/NO PURCHASE NECESSARY."

Go figure....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter