• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BF Christmas purchases...

luvmyfam444

DIS Veteran
what are you after?

I haven't seen much of anything to buy@ all this year - BF or not....maybe we'll just skip gift giving this year,,,

I have no clue what to get my husband or MIL this year. Usually DH's rothers and sisters go in togher to get her gift- hoping to hear about that on Thanksgiving. My parents bought a house a few blocks from us and tore out the landscaping. I'm thinking I'll give them an IOU for plants that my husband's workers can plant for them come Spring. Our children are getting money as are our godchildren.

I think that skipping gift giving isn't a great idea. Christmas is a wonderful opportunity to stop and think about the other people in your life, their wants and needs. It doesn't have to be a big ticket item, but it should reflect some thought.

This year my husband and I are going very light on each other; too many people on Long Island need our help right now.

Still, I did get him a Keurig before the storm. (Such a deal. It was originally $180 at Kohls, down to $150. I had a 30% off coupon, bringing it down to $105. I'm getting a $30 rebate, so that's $75. And I had $10 in Kohl's cash, so it ends up costing me $65 out of pocket.)

How about tickets to something-- a show, a game, a concert, or some special New Years Eve plans?

Something for his car?

Music?

Last year I made his mom and mine a book. I emailed all the siblings and asked for a collection of stories and catch phrases from the growing up years... along the times of "Remember the time..." I printed them up, added clip art pictures and put them into a binder. Luckily, we got it to my mother in law early, since she wasn't feeling well on Christmas Eve and wasn't sure she would make it to our house for Christmas Day. She had time to look over it, and I hope it brought her a smile before she passed away early Christmas Day.

So I'm not going especially light on the kids; they need a good Christmas this year. But then again I did start before Labor Day.

The point is that this is an opportunity to stop and think of how much your family and friends mean to you.

As to BF, I love it! I have a good chunk of my shopping done, but I'll be hitting Kohls and Old Navy, and then the mall starting at about 4 am. (No big deal, I get up at 5 am for work.) I'll do mostly clothes, but I get such a kick out of the spirit of the day.

Then I'll come home and we'll put up the outdoor decorations.

DH and I will be exchanging a couple small token gifts with each other this year, nothing big, as we have a 3-week vacation planned for January/February. We'll be heading to New Orleans (never been there) for a few days, then a 7-night cruise to the Caribbean, then a week in Memphis and Nashville on our way home. So that is our BIG GIFT to each other this year. :)

But we still like to have a couple small things under the tree for each other. He mentioned a new denim jacket so I'll probably get that, and I don't know what else.

i only want 3 things:

1. a new coffeemaker for the office. the coffeepot to ours went missing, and my boss is going nuts without a caffeine fix in the morning, lol.

2. an external hard drive. if i can get the one i have my eye on, i'm getting one for my boss too.

3. a new TV for my grandmother, if hers can't be cheaply fixed (gotta call her today and find out what the repairman said yesterday). hers died this past friday night, and, since she doesn't really get out much (she's almost 84 yo), she's lost without her main form of entertainment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter