Beverages...

tubaman

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone. :wave2:

Okay, beverages, what to do...Is there an unlimtited beverage package? I read that there was, but also read that they got rid of it. :confused3 We really don't want to have to go to the beverage station, and are willing to pay for the package. Is the package the same thing as the drink card? I know you can charge drinks to your room account, but the package would be better. Any answers? Thanx in advance.---Jake pirate:

They don't have the beverage package anymore. Sodas are now included at meals and 24/7 at the beverage station. You can request sodas for your stateroom refrigerator, but they do charge for that and I'm not sure how much.

Honestly, it was no problem going up to Deck 9 for a soda. We did not pay for one soda on that whole cruise. I don't even think the kids knew they could get a soda any place else! :rotfl: I think we told them the only place to get it was up there on deck 9 by Beach Blanket Buffet. There were no soda options, because like last poster said, it's free with meals and on Deck 9. The ship is so beautiful and pleasant to walk around and explore and it is certainly no chore to take a walk up there for a beverage :goodvibes

how about bringing them with you? I know this it's an option for everyone especially if you fly in the morning of the cruise. But they do allow 2 suitcases per person. One of our 8 will be filled with soda, water and wine. Less clothes :cool1: but never a shortage on beverages.

Sure, and it will make more room to bring home all those souveniers!!! :goodvibes

DisneyTart said:
how about bringing them with you? I know this it's an option for everyone especially if you fly in the morning of the cruise. But they do allow 2 suitcases per person. One of our 8 will be filled with soda, water and wine. Less clothes :cool1: but never a shortage on beverages.

Just curious as to how many cabins you have....because storing 8 suitcases in one cabin could be tight!!! We are a family of 5 and only bring one suitcase per person plus a carryon each for the 7 day cruise....even on the 14 day repo in August I only plan on bringing one suitcase plus my carryon. Sometimes we have an extra shoe bag, but that is it. You really do not need 2 suitcases per person....seem like a lot to me.

Make sure all your beverages are wrapped tight so there is no leakage....the luggage handlers are not gentle with the luggage and remember the samsonite comercial with the gorilla in the cage tossing around the suitcase.....envision that and pack your beverages accordingly!!! Seriously, though if they leak they will not only soak your clothes, but anyone elses stuff that happens to be under yours in the luggage area....

Everyone may not have the giant suitcases so they may need 2 per person. If you put the smaller suitcases inside you will be able to lift up the bed & slide them under without a problem and they wont be in the way. On our last cruise we had 4 bags & a garment bag along with a couple carryons & the kid's backpacks. Everything fit under the bed.

I just had to post about the 8 suitcases!!! We went to Hawaii, had 4 people, brought 8 suitcases and had no room in the rental car to store them!!!! First island we had a chevy blazer and that worked, but the next island, we had a geo tracker!!!! paid the same price as the blazer and got that little thing!!! We were calling ourselves the Hilton Hillbillys!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

rbork said:
DisTart- did you just say 8 suitcases?
:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

HOLY COW!!! 8? We took 2 standard sized hard sided suitcases...and 4 carryons for 4 people on a 7 day. My kids are teens, I'm 6'2", so is my son, my wife is 5'7" and my daughter is 5'8", so we aren't small people with small clothes.
We did, however do laundry on board, but not until Thursday, and most of those cloths weren't warn again until we got home. My wife has a thing about preferring to unpack clean clothes when we get home if we can.

I won't tell you that my mom went to Europe for 3 weeks with just a carryone bag, granted, it was the biggest one that would fit under an airline seat. You just have to know how to pack, and how to mix and match clothing.

tvguy said:
I won't tell you that my mom went to Europe for 3 weeks with just a carryone bag, granted, it was the biggest one that would fit under an airline seat. You just have to know how to pack, and how to mix and match clothing.
My shaving kit won't fit in a carry-on bag. :rotfl: I have NO idea how people do that.

We took 4 disposable razors, (2 for DD and DW and 2 for DS and I) and 1 travel can of shave cream, and that went in the carryon on our cruise on the way there, and in the trash can at the end of the cruise.

I used to travel a lot for work.....and because the TV gear I had to check took up 7 equipment cases, I learned to travel light. As a matter of fact my first cruise, back in 1980 (back when the Love Boat was hot on TV) was to do stories on a cruise ship. Tough life, eh? Getting paid to take a free 14 day Caribbean cruise. I was hooked on cruising on the spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter