Better late than never? A hazy 6 week TR Oct/Nov 2016 - Updated 11/5 Wrap Up

SnowWhiteOz

DIS Veteran
So it's been a while.

Almost three long years to be exact.

Some of you may remember me from those good old days of 2015 and 2016.

I was pretty active on here and had planned a massive 6 week trip to the US including a month at Disney to celebrate my thirtieth birthday. One mega PTR was shared and I was looking forward to coming back and sharing my adventures with you all as I was doing some much Disney and trying all the things and you guys were the ones I wanted to share that with.

But then it happened.

I'm sure some of you were like

"

Well to be honest life happened. And I mean that in the biggest way possible.

I'll share more as I try and remember through all six weeks but basically there was a boy, I'm a girl and you know the rest of that story...

So why am I back here three years later? Well I'm finally going back to Disney!!!!! And this time I'll be taking my husband with me (and if you asked me three years ago if I'd ever be saying that sentence I would have laughed in your face!)

So before this latest trip I wanted to try and share what I can remember - because I did so much and tried so many wonderful things - and I want to get it all out before heading back in November as I try and remember how to do Disney again.

So strap in and enjoy the ride - it will be pic heavy and completely irrelevant (I'm sure half the rides and restaurants I went to no longer exist!) but we'll have fun together reminiscing.

Table of Contents

Part 1 - Planes, Planes and More Planes
Part 2 - Kicking things off the only way I know how – with food!
Part 3 - Doing it Disney style
Part 4 - The Forest Moon of Endor
Part 5 - The day before the day
Part 6 - The day I met him
Part 7 - Speeding through cruise week
Part 8 - All the animals
Part 9 - My first Dismeet
Part 10 - A little tasty of Italy

Part 11 - Look out behind you!
Part 12 - Not even a little bit scared

Part 13 - Another Day at the Dark Side
Part 14 - A little more spooky
Part 15 - Moving back to Disney
Part 16 - I'm a musician
Part 17 - The Hottest Place on Earth
Part 18 - Best Character Experience Ever
Part 19 - A little magic in the morning
Part 20 - How to get a good night's sleep at Disney
Part 21 - A little bit of Hollywood
Part 22 - Small World and Candy
Part 23 - Tour Time
Part 24 - Food and Wining
Part 25 - Four Parks One Day
Part 26 - An Epcot Day
Part 27 - More Countries, More Food
Part 28 - Running, Running, Running
Part 29 - Dream a little dream of me
Part 30 - Castaway Cay
Part 31 - Palo Dinner
Part 32 - More Palo and Princesses
Part 33 - Remy
Part 34 - From the sea to the beach
Part 35 - A Star Wars Evening
Part 36 - More Food & Wine
Part 37 - A little bit of Everything
Part 38 - The Crescent Lake Crawl
Part 39 - Christmas in November
Part 40 - Last Day Blues and Adventures
Part 41 - One Last Trip Around the World
Part 42 - Rushing to Sign In
Part 43 - Avengers Half Marathon
Part 44 - Celebration Time
Part 45 - Last Day at Disney
Part 46 - Detouring to Atlanta
Part 47 - More LA & Family Time
Part 48 - Universal Hollywood
Part 49 - Saying Goodbye
Part 50 - The Wrap Up

Last edited:
Congratulations! I remember that pre-trip report. It was so fun to hear about your plans, especially considering how paltry vacation time is here in the US. Looking forward to seeing how it all went.

Congratulations! I remember that pre-trip report. It was so fun to hear about your plans, especially considering how paltry vacation time is here in the US. Looking forward to seeing how it all went.

Thank you :). I'll get to in the report but lets just say I know how paltry vacation time is now and definitely miss what I used to have!

Part 1 - Planes, Planes and More Planes

It began with a flight.

No wait – that’s not right. It began with three flights and almost a full day of travel for this adventure to begin.

I left my home in Canberra, Australia and began leg 1 on my journey to the U.S. If any of you followed my PTR way back when you’d know I saved up all my credit card points/airline miles for this trip and have racked up enough to do this trip in style. That’s right – I was going business class!

So, it began with a flight from Canberra to Melbourne, Australia. It’s a short 45-minute flight but I did get to enjoy the business class lounge before I boarded. I overnighted at a hotel at Melbourne Airport and then got up bright an early as my flight to LAX was scheduled to leave at 9am.

I checked out early and headed over to the airport as I wanted to take advantage of the business class lounge again.

After a quick breakfast it was time to finally board the Airbus A380. This was my first-time flying business class on an international flight and boy oh boy has it spoiled me for life!

The flight was uneventful but so much fun. It started off with a glass of champagne, a pair of PJs and some movies.

The most delicious inflight meal I’ve ever had followed – this pork schnitzel was to die for!

A few more movies and finally the thing I’ve never been able to do on a plane before – sleep! The seats that convert into beds with real sheets are the best things ever invented and make a 15hr flight go by like a breeze!

A few hours before landing in LAX and it was time to wake up and have a little breakfast.

Once this was done, I got out of my PJs and back into my travel and clothes and before you knew it, we were landing at LAX.

After getting my bag and clearing customs and immigration (which was actually not terrible – I’ve been in three-hour lines before and this was less than half an hour) I made my way from the International terminal to Southwest to wait for last flight of the day. Even though my flight was not for a few hours I was able to drop my bags off (after waiting for the terminal to open and convincing the SW employee) and then relax in the terminal until my flight. If I’m remembering correctly it was meant to be about four hours between the international and domestic flight but there was a delay and I think it ended up being about six hours.

But eventually we boarded, and I was on my way to my first destination of this mega trip – San Francisco…

Next time – Visiting the home of California cuisine.

Attachments

• 20161012_074711.jpg
    20161012_074711.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Part 2 – Kicking things off the only way I know how – with food!

After landing at San Francisco airport I collected my luggage and caught an uber to my hotel for the next two nights – Best Western Plus: The Tuscan.

The hotel was lovely and in such a good spot – I could walk to all the main sights but still felt a little bit away from the hustle and bustle.

After checking in and refreshing myself after all that travel it was time for dinner – I’d booked my reservations months in advance as I was treating myself to a big night out at the home of California Cuisine – Chez Panisse.

Chez Panisse is across the bay in Berkley. And honestly here is where three years of memory is a little bit fuzzy – I can’t remember if I Ubered or caught public transport but either way I made it there.

My meal started off with an aperitif which was the house made limoncello.

The starter was chanterelle mushroom budino (basically pudding) with thyme, escarole and sweet red pepper salad.

The fish course was Monterey Bay squid stuffed with almonds, saffron, and wild fennel.

The main course was BN Ranch beef tenderloin grilled with marjoram and garlic; with shell beans, roasted eggplant, and fried Mountain Rose potatoes. Of course, being San Francisco there was also some delicious sourdough bread on the side.

And finally, dessert, which was Warren pear tart with ginger ice cream.

The meal was fabulous but also comes with a matching price tag – the meal without drinks was $110 before tax and tip so it ended up being almost $150 just for little old me. But I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again either!

And that was it for my first day in the US – I headed back to the hotel for some well-earned sleep in a proper bed.

Next – Doing it Disney Style.

Part 3 – Doing it Disney Style

I kicked off my first morning in the U.S. with a visit to the gym – after all I had two big races planned and needed to keep up my running training!

After the gym and a shower to get ready for the day I headed out to explore the sites of San Francisco.

First up was a walk down to Fisherman’s Wharf and breakfast at the Boudin Bakery – I grabbed a bear claw and a plain sourdough roll (which was the winner of the too) and then continued on exploring.

After looking around at a few touristy spots at the Wharf I walked up to Lombard Street to see the infamous windy road. Definitely need to be fit to live on that street – its breathtaking in both senses of the word!

But after that detour it was time for Disney – finally! I walked all the way across San Francisco (well all 2.3 miles) and made it to the reason I was going to San Fran in the first place – the Walt Disney Family Museum.

The Museum is amazing and if you are interested in Disney history at all, even in the slightest, I highly recommend making your way there.

I started off with the temporary exhibition which was all about Pinocchio. It was fascinating to see the process behind the early films.

And then it was back to the main building for the important part – learning all about Disneyland and more importantly Walt himself.

There is too much to describe but here are some highlights from my trip including:

Walt’s Oscar for Snow White and the seven dwarf Oscars

The original menu from the Walt Disney Studios Restaurant (if only I could still get a meal at Disney for 40c!)

The original bench from the Griffith Park carousel where Walt first dreamed up Disneyland

The original model from Disneyland (I want one of these in my house!)

And some tickets from the first few years of the park

I could have stayed all day browsing and may have even shed a tear as I went through the room dedicated to Walt’s passing but all good things must come to an end.

Continued

Continued

I left the museum and headed back towards the wharf area as I had a boat to catch. But first a stop for some obligatory selfies in front of the Golden Gate bridge.

And I could not resist stopping at taking a pic of this for @pkondz even if I wanted three years to show him!

Once I made it back to the wharf I took the ferry out to Alcatraz and explored around the infamous site. The only problem was it was freezing, and I was underdressed and it took way too long for a return boat to be ready.

Eventually I made it back to my hotel for my last night’s sleep in San Fran. I’d be flying to Miami the next night but still had a little bit more time to throw a little more Disney in!

Next up – The Forest Moon of Endor

Last edited:

Part 4 – The Forest Moon of Endor

Today’s plans were to fit in as much as possible before flying out at midnight to Miami (seriously who books a flight at midnight – clearly, I have issues).

To fill in the day and tick of a few things I planned on doing a day tour out to the Napa Valley and the Muir Woods. “But SnowWhiteOz, how is that Disney related?” I hear you say.

Well I’m glad you asked. The Muir Woods were the inspiration for Endor – well specifically the forest moon of Endor – Star Wars of course.

The trip started off with the drive out to the Muir Woods. The weather was not the greatest but typical for that time of year – cloudy and rainy. We eventually made it out there and spent around an hour walking around exploring (self-guided).

And then it was back on the bus to drive out to Napa – we went to three different wineries and had a stop in Sonoma for lunch. Wine is not my thing so while it wasn’t my ideal day it was certainly beautiful.

We then began the long drive back to San Fran and I think I was dropped off at my hotel around 7pm. I collected my bags and then caught a Lyft back out to the airport.

I checked in for my flights, dropped of my bags and then filled in time at the airport until we boarded around 11:30pm. Just before midnight we took off for an uneventful flight to Miami.

While I didn’t sleep properly on the plane, I did manage to rest in fits and starts so when we landed in Miami at 8:30 in the morning, I got off the plane as quickly as I could and headed straight to my hotel for that night – the Pullman Miami airport.

But it was not time for sleep – it was time to explore.

Next up – The day before the day

Last edited:
Part 5 – The day before the day

After dropping off my bags at the hotel and running on fumes at that point I headed into Miami beach for breakfast and to begin my day of sightseeing.

I headed straight to the beach to take in the views.

And then went to the Front Porch Café for the biggest pancakes you’d ever seen.

I’d booked a half day tour of Miami, so I wandered off to find the bus terminal and begin the trip. I found it quickly and didn’t have to wait too long to leave.

I boarded the double decker bus and we we’re off for the first part of the tour – a city tour stopping in Little Havana which was super interesting.

Then we headed down to the water for a boat tour around Miami, including Millionaire’s Row where all the celebrity homes are located. I didn’t manage to see any of them, but I did wave at Oprah’s house just in case she was watching. I had been in her audience in Australia back in 2010 so surely she’d recognize me.

And finally, after the boat tour it was onto another bus to head out to the everglades to go on an Airboat. Unfortunately, the sky was miserable the whole way there, so I didn’t have my hopes up. We managed to get out on the water under a small drizzle, but we didn’t get to see any gators in the wild. I also have absolutely zero pictures because of the weather but I promise I did go!

And then it was back on the bus back to Miami. I walked around the Miami beach area a little and picked up a souvenir and some dinner (a super exciting dinner of a salad from Walgreens) before heading back to my hotel for the evening for a workout ( I seem to have a picture of the pool and not the gym but that will do 😉) and an early night ( I had been up for almost 36 hours straight at that point).

I needed the sleep because the next day I would be heading on my first cruise ever.

Next up – The day I met him.

Last edited:
Part 6 – The day I met him

The day started out exactly as planned. I headed down for my free breakfast at the hotel (which was actually pretty good) – finished packing up my room and then checked out.

I then got into an uber and headed down to the cruise ship terminal to begin the next part of my trip – a seven-day Western Caribbean cruise on the Norwegian Getaway. As with most cruise lines they have suggested arrival times based on your booking and I was around 11am I think.

I got there a little early and the security lines were already impressive.

Once through there I checked in and then went to the boarding area to wait for my group to be called – I was group 5 so it wasn’t the longest way, but it was at least an hour.

Finally Group 5 was called and this was it – I was about to get on a ship for the first time.

As with most cruises my room wasn’t going to be ready for a bit and I was starving so I headed off to have lunch at one of the only non-buffet places open – the Irish pub O’Sheehans. It was a pretty good meal even if I can’t remember exactly what I ordered.

I then went to see if my room was ready so I could drop of my carry on and it was. I was staying in the special Solo travelers’ cabins (if anyone wants further details about this style of room which is unique to NCL just let me know). I unpacked and still had an hour or so until the muster drill, so I decided to go and have a drink – after all my cruise included an unlimited beverage package so I may as well put it to use.

I wandered around and looked at a few bars and finally decided on the Sunset Bar (not my pic but thanks google!) and that’s where fate had plans for me.

I ordered my drink – a Gin & Tonic – and settled in to enjoy it before the muster drill. Out of the corner of my eye I saw three people walk up to the bar – two guys and a girl – and they were in the middle of a conversation. I thought one of them was pretty cute but I’m on a cruise ship and not going to introduce myself to a stranger.

Until he started talking. He was telling a completely made up fact to the girl in the group that just happened to be about Australia, and Indigenous Australians (which was the job space I was then working in). And I couldn’t help myself – I had to butt in and say that he was wrong and just happened to say it in front of the only Australian on the ship who knew all about that topic.

And that was it folks – that is how I met my now husband – me calling him out over some dumb story he was telling. We ended up chatting for a bit and then all headed off to the muster drill together. We were in completely different areas so I kind of thought I wouldn’t see him again, but I saw them again after and the kind folks they were, invited me to spend the afternoon with them.

We swam in the completely crowded pools and spas. Got a few drinks and went to Shanghai’s Noodle Bar (again thanks google) for dinner together and the rest the say is history.

We agree to hang out again the next day and with that I retired to my room, not knowing that was the day that would change my life forever.

Next up – Speeding through cruise week.

Last edited:
Part 7 – Speeding through cruise week

So, I don’t have the best notes or detailed memories (or at least internet appropriate ones) to share about the rest of the cruise as I was honestly too busy living in the moment and enjoying what I thought was just a holiday romance.

To the best of my recollection here are the highlights from that week.

Day 2 – Sea Day – We spend that day getting to know each other. Hanging out by the pool – enjoying frozen fruity alcoholic beverages, exploring the ship and just all-around relaxing.

Day 3 – Roatan, Honduras. I already had an excursion planned for that day but now DH and his friends had nothing booked so they decided to come with me. We went kayaking and snorkeling, but the views weren’t great as a hurricane had been in a week before and the seas were still cloudy. We had lunch included but honestly it was horrible, so we grabbed some ice cream and then made our way back to the ship. I had a specialty dining reservation at the Italian restaurant that night and managed to convince them to let me add the boy to my reservation. We ended up having a lovely romantic meal dining on the waterfront.

Day 4 – Belize City, Belize. I had an excursion planned and went out on my own that day to see some Mayan Ruins. It was pretty spectacular, but it was a decent bus ride out and that seemed to take up most of the tour. I made it back to the ship for a late lunch at Margaritaville and then met up for dinner with the boy and his friends in the main dining room.

Day 5 – Costa Maya, Mexico. This time the boy and his friends had plans, so I had the day back to myself. I had the rainforest pass for the ship – which is the spa area – so I spent the morning relaxing there. I hopped off the ship quickly to look around, but it was a typical tourist town, so I was back on board within the hour. I grabbed a cocktail by the pool and then tried the buffet for lunch (average but not terrible). I had a reservation at a specialty dining restaurant that night – the French restaurant – Le Bistro. It was absolutely delicious, and the steak was phenomenal. I then met up with the boy and his friends and we went to the Howl at the Moon dueling pianos to close out the evening which was so much fun.

Continued

Continued

Day 6 – Cozumel, Mexico. I had a shore excursion planned for the day – a Mexican cooking class and then time at a beach club. The cooking class was so much fun and the chef was great. He was obviously used to the tour groups and was great at flirting with the older women – and he was well tipped at the end, so it worked for him. I then headed out to drink a few drinks while relaxing on the beach and eventually made it back to port. I happened to bump into the boy and his male friend near the cruise terminal and they were going to go an try some authentic Mexican food they’d read about, so I joined them. It was a trek to find the place and they got by with some high school Spanish, but it was definitely an experience. The owner brought us out these shots which had sea slugs in them – it felt so rude not to try them even if he was playing a trick on the tourists – so we did but it was one of the worst things I’ve ever tasted! Eventually we made it back to the ship and I got ready for dinner. I had another specialty dining reservation at the Brazilian steakhouse and had another date with the boy.

Day 7 – At Sea. This was the last full day and it was a sea day. We just hung around the pool and explored the ship some more. We had lunch altogether at Margaritaville again. And then that evening I managed, with lots of trouble, to get them added to my last dining reservation at the steakhouse. The two friends DH was with both had birthdays that week, and one was that day, so we turned it into a birthday meal. I had a steak as big as my head and one last dessert to finish off the week.

Day 8 – Disembarking. I packed up and prepared to leave. I had a flight to catch to Disney after all. The boy slipped me his phone number as he left, and I thought I would never see him again, after all I was just on vacation, as was he and we lived in different parts of the world – Australia and Atlanta. So, we said our goodbyes and I got off the boat, got my luggage and got in an uber to the airport.

After checking in at the airport, I decided to text the boy to say thank you for a good week – after all I’m polite if nothing else. The girl of the group happened to walk by me as I was filling in time waiting for my flight and invited me to wait at their gate with them for a while. So, I got to spend a few more minutes with the boy before he left and then it was my turn. I headed to my gate and then got on the plane to Orlando – it was time for Disney.

Next up – All the animals

Last edited:
Part 8 – All the animals

The flight to Orlando was uneventful and short and soon enough I was landing and ready to begin my Disney adventure. As with all Disney trips it starts with a ride on the fakeorail to baggage pick up. But of course, I didn’t have to do that – my yellow tags were on my bag and Disney was kindly going to take them to my hotel for me.

I made my way down to the DME area and got in line for my resort – the first of five different ones for this trip – and before long we we’re off and on our way.

Before long I was arriving at my home for the next two nights, my first deluxe Disney resort and first DVC stay – Animal Kingdom Lodge. I’d rented points and managed to get two nights in the Studio Villas at Jambo House.

After checking in and picking up my magic bands (I didn’t get them in advance because of the whole not living in North America thing) I trekked out to my room – it was a bit of a walk from the lobby and the hallways at AKL are a little bit confusing.

But I finally made it. I’d put in a room request through touring plans and managed to get either the exact room or next door to it – and I’d requested it because it actually had a savannah view (albeit it a small one) whereas all the others are pool or carpark I believe. So, I could see some animals from my balcony (not the good ones like giraffes but some buffalo at least!).

I called up bell services to see if my luggage was ready and it was, so I had it brought up to the room. I also had a grocery delivery (through Garden Grocer) of some sodas and waters and breakfasts to last me that week and that was brought up too.

After settling in I headed out to explore the resort.

I stopped to grab some lunch at the Mara. I ordered some form of chicken sandwich (the current menu has a crispy chicken version, but I don’t know if was exactly the same).

I wandered around some more and then went back to my room to relax/maybe nap before my first ADR of the trip. I then got freshened up and dressed and headed downstairs to Jiko!

I knew I wasn’t going to be starving and I also knew Jiko prices were $$$$ so I’d planned to have an appetizer or two and a drink and that’s it. As a solo diner they offered me a table or a seat at the bar/chef’s table. I chose the chef’s table as I love watching people work in the kitchen.

I ordered my drink and a salad to start – it was the Jiko salad which has goat’s cheese and apple (always a great combo).

For my entrée I ordered another app – the flatbread. While I enjoyed everything I ate, I really don’t think it is worth the price and I’m not sure Jiko is on my try again list. (I had a picture of my receipt and for the salad, appetiser flatbread and one cocktail it was $37 before tax and tip)

After dinner it was back up to my room to crash into bed and end my first day in Disney.

Next up – My First Dismeet

Last edited:
Part 9 – My First Dismeet

I started the morning with breakfast in my room before getting ready for the day. They're not giraffes but I could see animals from my non-savannah view room that morning.

I had a lunchtime dismeet planned for later in the day but first it was time to get my shopping on.

I took an uber out to the outlets to do a little bit of shopping. The exchange rate wasn’t the greatest, but I was still able to pick up a few bargains and I know I still have a few of those pieces in my closet (including my favorite Diane Von Furstenberg dress - although I don't look quite as good as I did it back then - 10-15lbs will do that you!).

After the outlets I took an uber back to Disney but not to my hotel or one of the parks but to the Beach Club Resort. I was meeting @Elevationist at Beaches & Cream for lunch :) . I can’t remember who arrived first, but we were soon seated and catching up like old friends and discussing all our Disney plans and what Billie had already done.

I had eaten at B&C last trip and had tried the ice-cream on that occasion, but I was in the mood to try something else this trip – the banana bread. Not just plain old banana bread but grilled banana bread with peanut butter! And it was delicious.

But soon it was time to say goodbye and take a photograph of course to prove it happened. I said goodbye to Billie and got on a bus to Disney Springs.

I spent the afternoon exploring Disney Springs – not much had changed since the previous year but the newest addition at the time was the Hangar Bar so of course I had to take a snap of that.

I picked up my freebies that I had saved up for my birthday – including my Earl of Sandwich (which used to give you a free sandwich for your birthday and now I believe it is just a side) and a Sprinkles cupcake (banana flavor).

I got the cupcake to go and headed back to my hotel to relax for the evening. And I saw a bonus nighttime giraffe on my way back to my room.

I ate my cupcake and then packed up – the next morning I was going to be leaving Disney for a few days to head over to my other favorite love – Universal.

Next up – A little taste of Italy

Last edited:
Part 10 – A little taste of Italy

That morning it was time to say goodbye and get off the safari for a taste of Europe instead. After a lazy morning and packing up all my belongings yet again I checked out of AKL and hopped into an uber to head over to my new home for the next three nights – Loew’s Portofino Bay.

If you followed along with my PTR back in the day you’d remember I was originally booked at Royal Pacific however I got super lucky and got one of the vary rare pin code emails and ended up being able to switch over to Portofino for 40% which brought it down to about the same as I was going to be paying at Royal Pacific and I could not pass up that opportunity.

And boy was that the right decision. As soon as you arrive at Portofino you are transported to another place. It is one of the most beautiful theme park hotels I’ve ever stayed at and even rivals non-theme park hotels for amenities and experience.

I checked in and picked up my tickets and express passes for the next few days and then made my way to my room. This is the most ‘basic’ room you can get at Portofino, but I still loved it. I swear the bathroom was bigger than my entire room at pop century!

I unpacked and then headed out to get lunch at Citywalk. Honestly, I wasn’t that starving and ended up at Burger King of all places, but it hit the spot and then I hopped back on the boat and went back to Portofino for a pool afternoon and a gym workout.

After a relaxing afternoon I headed back out to Citywalk for dinner and a movie as I’d prepaid for the package you can get through universal.

But first the boat ride to get there.

I’m pretty sure I saw the movie first, and it was the Accountant (that weird Ben Affleck hitman movie) and it was a reasonable enough way to escape the heat for a few hours.

I then headed over to Margaritaville for dinner (there were like four restaurants included in the package – Margaritaville, Bob Marley, Fusion Sushi and Pat O’Brien’s – when I look now a lot more are offered like Vivo and Toothsome). I ended up with the cheeseburger in paradise and a cocktail. It was fine but nothing to write home about.

By then it was late, and I was tired, so I caught the boat back to Portofino (which is just as beautiful at night) and made my way back to my room and straight into bed.

Next up – Look out it’s behind you!

Last edited:
Part 11 – Look out it’s behind you!

It was a super early start in the morning. Like before the sunrise start. I was headed out for my first park day at universal for this trip at rope drop for onsite guests was 7am.

This is what the gates to USF looked like at 6:44am.

The gates opened at 7am and I made my way back to an almost deserted Diagon Alley (look how dark the sky was still).

I rode Gringotts with no queue, twice, which is always fun and by the time I came out the sun was starting to appear behind the dragon.

After Diagon Alley I did a quick trip to MIB to battle some aliens – I’m not as good as this as on Buzz but I’m getting better with each attempt.

After that I needed some breakfast, so I headed around to the Simpsons area and grabbed a maple bacon donut from Lard Lad – my receipt tells me it was 8:37am by this point.

I rode the Simpsons ride with no wait (I also had EP so there was never a long wait regardless) and the donut was a good choice – the ride made me less sick with something in my stomach already.

Then I headed over to a ride I somehow skipped on my first visit – ET. Yes, it is an acid trip of a ride but it’s still one of my favorite character ‘meets’ at the end.

I continued my way around the park and rode Transformers (not a fan), met a transformer (still not a fan) and then made my way back to my favorite ride in the park – the Mummy.

It is absolutely my favorite ride and I love everything from the queue to Brendan Frasers coffee!

I then headed back to Hogsmeade and caught the train over to IOA because I had some dinos to meet.

But first a stop on forbidden journey because I couldn’t waste my express pass!

Back then the raptor encounter was new, and it was honestly so much fun – and is where the title of this chapter comes from!

It was then time to ride JPRA – I love it but it’s not as good as the old version at Hollywood. And I was in the center middle this time so not getting wet for me!

And that was it for the parks for day – I wanted to save some energy for my first HHN that night

I was overdue for some lunch so on the way back to the hotel I stopped in at the newly opened Toothsome for a bite to eat. I ordered the chicken sandwich and the peanut indulgence shake. The shake was good but way to sweet and filling. I took the rest with me to go and still ended up throwing half of it out.

It was a nice day and I had time, so I headed back to the hotel via the walkway and spent a few hours by the pool recharging.

I then got changed and headed back into the park in time to stay and scream before the night began.

Next up – Not even a little bit scared.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter