Better answered questions here than HOTWIRE...one-way car rental question...

Mickeyhugger

DIS Veteran
I'm getting frustrated and overwhelmed with HOTWIRE.:headache:

Can anyone recommend a one-way car rental (who also has a shuttle to the Port?) And, while you're at it, where did you stay at Port Canaveral the night before your cruise?:rotfl2:

We did this two years ago when we sailed the Dream, and I can't, for the life of me, remember the car rental agency. They also provided shuttle service to the Port.

Can't remember where we stayed either, but they were condos (there were four of us.) However, this time it's just DH and me and we'd really only need one room (looking at Best Western.)

Thanks!:earsgirl:

Budget, Avis, Hertz, Enterprise all have shuttles that pick up at Port Canaveral and take you to their office. Not sure about Alamo .

I have always used Budget. Get the best rates by booking through Costco, or using one of the codes from mousesavers.com

When are you going? I just booked a car for Sept through Dollar/Thrifty, and it was between $15-$20 a day for the times we were going. When I called, they said they offered a shuttle, but we decided to rent for the week for convenience.

We are using Budget. It was $30 for one way from MCO. $69 to go back (I didn't book it for the return). They have a shuttle, and based on the reviews I read, they seem to be the most efficient. I read Alamo's shuttle was horrible.

Thank you for all the replies!:)

We're going January 31st (for the February 1st Fantasy.) I think we're going to book Dollar.

I second mousesavers as a resource. It takes a while to put in all the codes. We ended up saving 50% with one of the codes.

We've had a great experience with Hertz. Pick up of the car was a breeze, and we stayed at the Residence Inn. Hertz is in the same parking lot! Easy drop off, and only our family shuttled to the ship. It was great!

We've had a great experience with Hertz. Pick up of the car was a breeze, and we stayed at the Residence Inn. Hertz is in the same parking lot! Easy drop off, and only our family shuttled to the ship. It was great!

This is good to know. I think I will switch! Thanks!

I booked thru National for $41 from MCO and then $35 on the back to MCO (Cruising thanksgiving week) and then stole a hotwire deal and got a hotel for $55 over all my total was less for DGF and I than just to take DCL transportation. If you want help getting some better rates i may be able to help

While we have used Hotwire In other instances, we were almost in a pickle this time. When trying to book the one way to the port, we realized right before we finalized the trip that the car return was at the melborne airport instead of cape canaveral, a mere 30 miles away. Imagine the surprise we would have had in trying to return the car.

We ended up using budget. It actually came in lower than Hotwire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter