Best Western Park Place???

Twinprincesses

DIS Veteran
I am wondering what kind of experience anyone has with this. We are going for a week and staying with my husbands family but for a break are thinking of getting a room here for a couple nights when we do Disney.

Location wise, it can't be beat. It's a very short walk to the front gates of DL.

The rooms are clean and decent sized, although a bit dark. The pool area is decent, and the hot tub is HOT!

They also have a mini-fridge and microwave in each room, which can be handy.

You should be fine there. :thumbsup2

disney-super-mom said:
Location wise, it can't be beat. It's a very short walk to the front gates of DL.

The rooms are clean and decent sized, although a bit dark. The pool area is decent, and the hot tub is HOT!

They also have a mini-fridge and microwave in each room, which can be handy.

You should be fine there. :thumbsup2
Overall I agree with supermon. I believe the fridge and microwave are only in the mini-suites, not all rooms. We stayed at the BWPPI twice in 2005. Location is tops. Quality of hotel and room was fine. Nothing special, but it worked for us.

We stayed there just a couple of weeks ago. We loved it! Our suite had 2 queen-size beds and a pull out couch, along with a microwave and fridge. It is RIGHT across the street from the entrance to the parks.

The only things to be aware of are:

1. If you are staying on the side of the hotel with the restaurant next door (Captain Kidd's), the garbage collection is early (ranged from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m.) and very noisy! We stayed on that side but did not mind because we like to be up that early anyways. However, it must have been very annoying for anybody trying to sleep later.

2. The front desk staff was not reliable for calling taxis, shuttles, etc. However, the wake-up calls were always prompt.

3. I carried travelers cheques, and they were always hesitant to cash them for me at the front desk. That may have been due more to the time of day I tried to cash them (first thing in the morning).

Anyways, these are all minor things that I wish I had just been aware of. We would definitely stay there again. Hope that helps!

HydroGuy said:
Overall I agree with supermon. I believe the fridge and microwave are only in the mini-suites, not all rooms. We stayed at the BWPPI twice in 2005. Location is tops. Quality of hotel and room was fine. Nothing special, but it worked for us.
I do think that all rooms are equipped with a mini-fridge and microwave. We had a standard room and it had both. I'm going to double check that though.

Okay, I just checked on Expedia, and it says that all rooms, both standard and mini-suites, are equipped with a fridge and microwave :thumbsup2

However, one thing I didn't like about the standard room is that it has 2 double beds or 1 king bed, whereas the mini-suite has 2 queen beds. Let me tell you, for our family of four (and with a husband who is 6'6" tall), those double beds seemed REALLY small! (we're average size people with a 7 and 3 year old) :crowded: We really need the little bit of extra room that a queen bed affords. So if we stay there again, we'd definately get the mini-suite for that reason. :thumbsup2

disney-super-mom said:
However, one thing I didn't like about the standard room is that it has 2 double beds or 1 king bed, whereas the mini-suite has 2 queen beds. Let me tell you, for our family of four (and with a husband who is 6'6" tall), those double beds seemed REALLY small! (we're average size people with a 7 and 3 year old) :crowded: We really need the little bit of extra room that a queen bed affords. So if we stay there again, we'd definately get the mini-suite for that reason. :thumbsup2

DH is 6'1" and we have 2 boys. What worked for us was getting the standard room with KING bed. The boys slept on the pullout bed sofa - they crash immediately when we get into the room after a full day of Disney, and DH and I get a King bed (queen is still too small). :goodvibes

CindyH said:
DH is 6'1" and we have 2 boys. What worked for us was getting the standard room with KING bed. The boys slept on the pullout bed sofa - they crash immediately when we get into the room after a full day of Disney, and DH and I get a King bed (queen is still too small). :goodvibes
Oh, that's an even better idea! Plus, we wouldn't have to pay extra for a mini-suite. Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter