Best Western Lakeside (Kissimmee)

Lotus3323

Earning My Ears
Best Western Lakeside
7769 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy (US 192)
Kissimmee
Phone: 407–396-2222

Date of Stay: Saturday, May 20, 2006
Cost: Expedia: $48 base price; $58 w/taxes & fees (Expedia fees only); paid $68 total with breakfast added on (2@$5/each). Paid $3.50 resort fee at check-in. Normal rate around $80.

Overall Impression
I would recommend this hotel. We were pleasantly surprised. It was fresh, comfortable, and clean. After reading so many horror stories about Kissimmee hotels, I was leery of any hotel in this area. We previously stayed a weekend at Econolodge Polynesian for $32/nt from LastMinuteTravel. While the Econolodge was adequate, I did not feel comfortable because the carpet was dirty and sticky plus a few other problems.

About 1 mile west of intersection of 192 & World Drive (this is the main entrance to Disney property). Took us 7 minutes to meet friends at Disney All Star Music. To parks would be 7-10 minutes. Walgreen’s drug store next door. Red Lobster and Taco Bell across the street. Tons of dining options along 192.

Lobby/Check-In
Attractive lobby. Friendly, efficient check-in staff. Received travel packet with Orlando guide and free samples (Advil, Pepto-Bismol, body scrubs, lipstick). ATM machine ($2.95 out of network fee).

Resort Layout & Exterior
All buildings are 2 stories. No elevators. Buildings are arranged around 2 large common areas. Each common area has one main pool area with large pool and kiddie pool. The decking on ours was attractive new pavers. The landscaping around the pool was attractive, lush, and tropical. Our common area had an additional smaller pool we did not see. We also did not see the common area for the other grouping of buildings that is adjacent to the lobby and restaurants, but the hotel information indicates that there is a poolside bar (11AM-7PM) and free miniature golf.

There seemed to be small ponds with waterfalls scattered round the hotel landscaping. There was one outside our room and one in front of the lobby. The common area inside our building ring was attractive. On the outside of the rings are the parking areas which were not attractive. No landscaping. Lacking grass in some heavily traveled areas.

Rooms
Our room seemed newly renovated. Everything seemed new. It was fresh and attractive. The chairs, art work, and bedspreads featured tropical undersea theming. Furniture was new and in a modern style with blond wood with a black accent. Plenty of lighting.

Furniture included: Table and 2 upholstered chairs with arms, cabinet with mini fridge inside and TV on top, long low desk/dresser, 2 double beds ( I don’t think they were queens), and nightstand.

Open bathroom area had a new granite countertop with under mounted sink, hair dryer, iron& ironing board, coffee maker, clothing rack with storage area above. Bathroom area with door was standard fare – bathtub and toilet. Flooring was new 12” ceramic tiles. While soaking in the tub, I noticed some small amounts of mold on the underside of the grab bar and soap dish. Not enough bother me – I have the same problem in my home in Florida.

I believe there was a large safe next to the AC by the window.

On-site Dining
Hotel includes a convenience store coupled with an Pizza Hut express. We ordered a medium 1-topping pizza for $12.99. We walked over to pick it up. It was ready in 15 minutes. Store also had Krispy Kream donuts. I read about a deli - that I didn’t see, but I wasn’t paying attention.

There is a restaurant with a breakfast buffet for $6.95. (They only serve breakfast.) One child eats free with each adult. We paid $5 each with the Expedia reservation and received vouchers at check-in. We were in a big hurry to meet friends so we only had 15 minutes for breakfast – and yes we were in and out in 15 minutes with our breakfast vouchers. Buffet included fruits, grits, cream of wheat(?), eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, biscuits with optional gravy, bread and bagels with toaster, omelet bar, mini pasties, croissants. We had no time for omelets. The pastries (mini cinnamon rolls, powdered donuts, and mini muffins) were dry and not very good to begin with. Overall the food was OK. It was what I expected. It was nice to have fast, hot food and some protein for breakfast rather than our granola bars or the Little Debbie snacks we had at the Econolodge. Breakfast includes coffee and milk, but juices and other drinks are extra.

We saw a lounge but we never saw it open because we only passed it in the morning.

Note
It seemed like this hotel may have been recently remodeled/updated. With any remodel, its probably a good idea to call and see if it was remodeled, if all the rooms have been completed. That way you avoid any surprises.

I wasn't planning on doing a review, so I didn't go over the place with fine toothed comb....

I hope this review helps someone!

This review is great,really put my mind at ease as i am there next month and had the same concerns as you.
Just 1 stupid question.......please tell me there is a shower facility in the bath tub .not just a bath with taps.I can't survive Florida without a shower!

Great to know! I'm hoping to fit in a "last-minute" holiday to Florida and this is one of the places I can get at a really reasonable price! :thumbsup2

brer rabbit 28 said:
This review is great,really put my mind at ease as i am there next month and had the same concerns as you.
Just 1 stupid question.......please tell me there is a shower facility in the bath tub .not just a bath with taps.I can't survive Florida without a shower!

Yes, the rooms have shower facilities!

DH and I stayed here for one night a year ago at a good rate. At that time, all the buildings (I think there are 13 buildings) had been remodeled except for one, and they were working on the last one, so I'm sure all the rooms have been remodeled. Ours was nice and clean with a refrigerator. The safe was big enough for our laptop, which is unusual.

I just booked one room last week for our stay this weekend at Priceline.com for $35/night.

Hopefully it works out!! I will let you know if it was nice.

faeriegrl said:
I just booked one room last week for our stay this weekend at Priceline.com for $35/night.

Hopefully it works out!! I will let you know if it was nice.

Good deal!! How many stars was it on Priceline? I haven't used Priceline in a while (I'm hooked on staying onsite), but we got a decent hotel on Priceline a few years ago for 25 bucks a night (2 1/2 stars). Have never been able to get such a good deal since...so we've just gone ahead and stayed at Value resorts most of the time!

We stayed there last year, through HotWire. We didn't stay in a remodeled room, but it was still adequate for the time we spent there!! At that time we got a great deal of $220 per person including flight, room and rental car! It was awesome for a great getaway - 5 days. The prices haven't been that good so far this year, but you just have to keep watching.

The breakfast buffet was great! It was never crowded. We did not use their shuttle to the parks. Overall a great hotel for the price. Would definitely stay there again.

This hotel improved a lot since the renovation...had a good time here last month. :yay:

thank you so much.

I only stayed there when it was a Sheraton then LaQuinta.

I used to bring Spicey with me and when Best Western took over - they decided no pets.

So despite recommending it I haven't stayed here as a Best Western.

You definitely make me feel better.

do you take the short cut to WDW? It didn't sound like you did.

This place was great! I'm already making plans to go back next year. The price was reasonable at just 49.00 Canadian a night with children eating free!

We were upgraded (free) to a room with a pool view and a Cabana bar to boot! Towels were provided at the pool. The pools are all heated and sparkling clean. The landscaping is beautiful. There is free mini golf and arcade for kids or kids at heart. There is also laundry facilities.

The room was clean and recently renovated. We had free high speed internet in the room. Tv's were 25 inch. The mini fridge was a good size and the safe was big enough to hold our laptop, video camera, water camera and other documents and papers! The room was quite large. Ours had two double beds and table with two chairs. Could have easily fitted a fold up coat for a fifth person.

There is a store and deli on premises, discounted tickets available with or without time share presentation. There is also a pizza hut onsite with good prices. A Walgreens is in the parking lot for convience and many places to eat within walking distance. We enjoyed the hot breakfast buffet.

The free shuttle service is great. Different times to choice from.This was a new a clean bus playing children's movies to keep them occupied during travel. They had friendly drivers. The shuttle services, all major Orlando Parks including all Disney, Universal, Seaworld . It is located just 1.8 miles from Disney's maingate and there is a short cut from Animal Kingdom just taking about a 5 -8 minute drive! Busch Garden shuttles stops at this hotel. There is also a free shopping shuttle bus! To take a cab back from Magic Kingdom it was just 13.00 for two people. Not bad!

We loved the price and friendly service. We found rooms exceptional for the price. The grounds beautiful , clean and well Kept. Guest service was great and very helpful.

We were not charged a resort fee as was stated by our travel agent would be the case!

Can't wait for next year. You can't go wrong with this Best Western!

Charleyann

:cheer2:

:sad1: Just got back from a 3 night stay at Best Western Lakeside.

I'll give you that the grounds were very nice. The pools were great. The staff was friendly. But then there was the room.

There were fleas. Everywhere. The toilet flushed....sometimes. The bathtub was rusty. There was no deadbolt on the door.

On Thursday night, the police were all over the place...not sure what was going on, but they kept coming to the room above us aswell as the one to our right.

I won't complain much- I got a35 dollar a night rate through priceline. I didn't expect luxery. I did, however, expect to not be bitten by fleas my first night. We got moved after that, but it didn't get any better.

My advice- if you stay there- avoid building Pelican 13

Wow. That doesn't sound anything like our experience. So much so, that I my first reaction was to wonder if we were talking about the same hotel. Sorry you had such a tough time. We are staying there again this weekend with the same $50/nt deal through Expedia. I'll post when we return about our experience.

Actually, we were in Building 13 two weeks ago and had a great stay. $40 per night on Hotline. The breakfast buffet is so cheap, extensive, and fast. Considering the kids eat free, you could spend more eating breakfast at Mcdonald's.

We loved the place and had no problems like yours. It was just 49.00 Cn and worth every penny. Enjoyed this place and was planning on going back this December until I got the 40% code for Disey Resort and I got a room for 49. US ! Same price.....otherwise I would return to BWL.

We loved the place and had no problems like yours. It was just 49.00 Cn and worth every penny. Enjoyed this place and was planning on going back this December until I got the 40% code for Disey Resort and I got a room for 49. US ! Same price.....otherwise I would return to BWL.

is there anyone that has flew to orlando airport {mco} and had to find away to the hotel.we will be going in may and this is my first time flying and have no clue how to get to the hotel .i thought they had a shuttle but they don't have one to the airport.and if anyone has could you tell me how much it would cost me to get there.thank you

If you call the hotel directly, they can arrange for shuttle service to and from the hotel to the airport. It is $18 per person.

There is also mears transportation which is reasonable as well. Depending on how many there are in your party...it may be cheaper to take a taxi or town car.

Charleyann:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter