Best Western Lake Buena Vista?

Omninick

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if any of you here have visited the Best Western Resort on the Lake Buena Vista site, near Downtown Disney. If so, I would love to hear about your stay there :D I recently went in February 2012 and it was brilliant :)

I haven't stayed there in years, but I have stayed several times. I did love it each time I stayed. I loved the fact it was close to Disney but not on their property per-say. My kids were teens at the time and were able to walk to DTD when they wanted to instead of hanging with us. My son's entire baseball team stayed there one year when they were playing @ Disney. Each day they came back from playing the front lobby staff always asked how they did. They ended up winning the entire tourney and when they came in that day, the entire lobby staff cheered for them :thumbsup2 then again, that was years ago... so things can be very different, different staff....

I haven't stayed there in years, but I have stayed several times. I did love it each time I stayed. I loved the fact it was close to Disney but not on their property per-say. My kids were teens at the time and were able to walk to DTD when they wanted to instead of hanging with us. My son's entire baseball team stayed there one year when they were playing @ Disney. Each day they came back from playing the front lobby staff always asked how they did. They ended up winning the entire tourney and when they came in that day, the entire lobby staff cheered for them :thumbsup2 then again, that was years ago... so things can be very different, different staff....
Sounds like you had some brilliant times there! I've only stayed once like i said but I don't think the staff were as enthusiastic as you seemed to have. :) I really didn't enjoy the gymnasts running round the hotel in February though... Too irritating for me to relax in the front area on the sofas. :)

If you didn't like the gymnasts running around, maybe you should consider a different hotel. That hotel is very close to the AAU headquarters and I know that is why some AAU teams pick that place. It makes it easier for coach meetings, and its much lower in price than the Disney resorts that come in the packages. This resort is offered (or at least it use to be) in their package deals for the teams. We didn't do the package as we were FL residents and got a better deal that way, even with a block of rooms. Again, we never had a problem, but if you are looking for a quiet lobby to lounge around in, I honestly don't think you will find it there.

If you didn't like the gymnasts running around, maybe you should consider a different hotel. That hotel is very close to the AAU headquarters and I know that is why some AAU teams pick that place. It makes it easier for coach meetings, and its much lower in price than the Disney resorts that come in the packages. This resort is offered (or at least it use to be) in their package deals for the teams. We didn't do the package as we were FL residents and got a better deal that way, even with a block of rooms. Again, we never had a problem, but if you are looking for a quiet lobby to lounge around in, I honestly don't think you will find it there.
We had considered other hotels, but our budget simply cannot cater to a better hotel by Disney. That hotel was perfect for our budget and left plenty of money for us to shop freely and do as we wished, including taxi fares. I guess when you can't have as much as you would like, you just have to accept what you CAN have. :/

I've never had a bad stay there. It is definately one of the nicer Best Western's.

Unfortunately, the large groups of gymnasts, cheerleaders, etc can strike at any hotel in the area. The higher the price, the less likely the chance, but you can never be sure! :)

We had considered other hotels, but our budget simply cannot cater to a better hotel by Disney. That hotel was perfect for our budget and left plenty of money for us to shop freely and do as we wished, including taxi fares. I guess when you can't have as much as you would like, you just have to accept what you CAN have. :/

If it is just the "loud lobby" then go with it :thumbsup2 You won't be sleeping in the lobby ;) you can't beat the location and it is a decent place to stay. Have fun....
oh, even if you were to stay onsite, especially at the Value Resorts, you will get the sports teams there too... those are always on the package deals :upsidedow don't think just because they cost more, you would avoid the teams by staying there.. in fact, you get more at them than you do the Best Western ;)

We stayed at this hotel in December 2011 and were very happy with it. Good, reliable bus transportation to the parks and easy walking distance to DTD. And no parking fee:thumbsup2

We have stayed several times but not in the last few years. We thought the location was fantastic and liked the regular shuttle buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter