• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best weekend in December for quick trip

happily single

Left foot first!
My son and I took an epic 1 day trip in December, 2019 for Christmas. It was great, but I didn't get to really take in all that EPCOT has to offer because my teen wanted to go, go go.
I am trying to plan a 2-3 day solo trip for a weekend in December. I'm trying to find the best time to go in terms of crowds and cost. Trip will be for EPCOT and maybe the MK. I'm not a big ride person, I just enjoy all of hte decor and shows.

My son and I took an epic 1 day trip in December, 2019 for Christmas. It was great, but I didn't get to really take in all that EPCOT has to offer because my teen wanted to go, go go.
I am trying to plan a 2-3 day solo trip for a weekend in December. I'm trying to find the best time to go in terms of crowds and cost. Trip will be for EPCOT and maybe the MK. I'm not a big ride person, I just enjoy all of hte decor and shows.
Prior posters have commented on the crowds aspect. I'm going to comment on the cost aspect. To me, the biggest cost of a solo Disney trip is usually the hotel room. Are you planning to stay onsite? For the Disney resorts I checked, December 9 is the date they switch from "Winter" rates to "Winter2" rates. Winter2 rates are higher. On the other hand, when I did searches at disneyworld.com for December 2-4 vs. December 9-11, I found no available value or moderate resorts for the earlier weekend, but plenty of availability for the later one. So, it seems if you are planning to stay at a Disney deluxe resort, you'll save money by going earlier; but if you're going for the cheapest available Disney resort, you'll save by going later. If you're staying offsite, it probably doesn't matter. All I can really recommend is that you check room rates for both weekends before making up your mind.

Prior posters have commented on the crowds aspect. I'm going to comment on the cost aspect. To me, the biggest cost of a solo Disney trip is usually the hotel room. Are you planning to stay onsite? For the Disney resorts I checked, December 9 is the date they switch from "Winter" rates to "Winter2" rates. Winter2 rates are higher. On the other hand, when I did searches at disneyworld.com for December 2-4 vs. December 9-11, I found no available value or moderate resorts for the earlier weekend, but plenty of availability for the later one. So, it seems if you are planning to stay at a Disney deluxe resort, you'll save money by going earlier; but if you're going for the cheapest available Disney resort, you'll save by going later. If you're staying offsite, it probably doesn't matter. All I can really recommend is that you check room rates for both weekends before making up your mind.
Thank you. I was hoping for a deluxe resort, as I enjoy sitting on the balcony and drinking coffee. The first thing I need to do is find a CP package for one, then price airfare for that timeframe. This coming week I’m going to see if a credit I have with Jet blue is still valid. I will also price out hotels. I’d rather stay onsite, but am open to a Disney Spring hotel if I can save enough money (I already suspect it will be a HUgE savings)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter