Best way to get to Kennedy Space Centre?

DisneyDillyDally

Mouseketeer
Hi all - planning a trip to Disney in Feb 2022. We want to go to the space centre - what’s the best way to do it as a day trip? Is it to rent a car? If car rental has anyone got tips about renting (I.e, from where)

yes, rent a car

pre covid you could get one for under $50 a day

today?

but UBER would run close to $100 each way

OPTION: https://floridadolphintours.com/en/kennedy-space-center-private-tour

TOUR DESCRIPTION
Skip the bus ride and get picked up directly from your Orlando hotel for a private tour of the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
From Space Shuttle Atlantis to the Rocket Garden, everything is a must see!
Your tour guide will make sure you make the most of your time at Kennedy Space Center
Private Round Trip Transportation from Orlando
Guided tour of the Kennedy Space Center
Private Tour guide for the Full Day

$650 4 people 590252
PLUS KSC admission cost . . .

Last edited:
In the past when we were at Disney and wanted to visit the Space Center, we always used a rental car. You can come/go on your own schedule and tours are provided by the Space Center. You can also stop wherever you want to eat or shop along the way and spend as much or as little time at the Space Center depending on what your family enjoys doing.

Assume the OP is flying to Disney, so you can either rent at the airport or the Disney Car Care Center.

Thanks. That’s what I figured. Can anyone tell me best place to rent a car from if you’re already at dis world? Must be places closer than airport?

In the past when we were at Disney and wanted to visit the Space Center, we always used a rental car. You can come/go on your own schedule and tours are provided by the Space Center. You can also stop wherever you want to eat or shop along the way and spend as much or as little time at the Space Center depending on what your family enjoys doing.
Yes, last time we went we used a rental car, but we had a car for that whole trip.

you can get cars thru the car care center and I believe a couple of the hotels have some too

search here ... discussed regularly

as a local I don't need to rent at WDW so no first hand experience.

There is a few rental car places. Alamo/ National at the car care center and Avis and budget at hotels in Disney springs.
You can also take mears shuttle but you would have to look that up... I think its 40 each way so not cost effective. ( lots of overseas people take this because they dont drive over here)

You might want to also look at the transportation forum here on the DIS to see if they have advice on rental cars or transportation to KSC.

I would get a rental car. That's a long way to Uber and you might not be able to find one heading back.

The car care center is nice because they will pick you up from your resort, and the Dolphin hotel has rental cars. Some of the Disney Springs area hotels have rental cars, you would just have to get a ride over there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter