• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best way to get from WDW to IOA?

CJ

DIS Veteran
DD and I are staying at All Star Movies and want to do one full day at IOA. Has anyone used a towncar to do this, or is a taxi a better bet????:confused:

One year we used Mears...big mistake! The driver was very rude (we were the only ones on the van), and we ended up taking a taxi back to the resort,because the shuttle was late picking us up. We asked another Mears driver if he knew anything about our shuttle, and he barely grunted! Last year, we used Tiffany Towncar...I wouldn't do it any other way. Wonderful service, comfortable car, pick-up and drop-off times whenever you want them. We will use a towncar again this year!

Thanks Noodles!

Did you pre-arrange a pickup time with Tiffany for when you left IOA, and where does the towncar drop you off and pick you up? Is it the parking lot where tour buses, etc. are, over a moving walkway that exits through CityWalk?

Hi,

I don't know why people are allways complaining about Mears. I used their service on four days. One day was for going from the airport to the resort, on two days I used their service for roundtrip to Universal/IOA and the last ride was back to the airport at the end.

First I arrived at the airport. After picking up my bagage I asked where the Mears booth was. It was downstairs, so I took the elevator. It was not so busy, a short wait. I bought a return ticket for $28. They directed me to the outside of the terminal and there was allready a bus waiting for my destination. I think I had a little bit luck, but within five minutes the bus departed.
The bus went at first to a non Disney resort, then to the Beach Club and the third stop was Coronado Springs, my resort.

The second trip was to Universal Studios. This was the only trip with them when they were 15 minutes late. There wasn't showing up someone the first 10 minutes and one of the staff of Coronado Springs called the Mears. Finally there was a towncar to pick me up. After picking me up he drove to Port Orleans Riverside to pick up a family of four. After that he drove them to Discovery Cove and finally he drove me alone to Universal. Price was $13 roundtrip
Return trip was with a shuttle van. He dropped first people off at AK lodge, followed by the all star resorts and finally the Coronado Springs. Second day to Universal they were on time and again with a towncar. They picked me and one family up at Coronado. He dropped of the family at Seaworld and drove me alone to Universal. Going back was a shuttle van and they stopped first at a non Disney resort, then Carribean Beach (he dropped the family off at the building they requested) and took me finally to the Coronado Springs.
Airport transportation was again with a large bus. After Coronado they went to the Beach club and after that straight to the airport.

As you can read, they make more stops and don't transport you directly. Take in mind that you have to pay much more for a towncar, then for the Mears.
Only if you have a whole family a towncar is worth it, but if you are only alone or with two, the Mears isn't that bad at all in my opinion. Also because of the not-direct trips with Mears I had the chanse to take a look at other resorts, like all stars or CBR. While I hadn't plan to go their by bus to just see it, but because of Mears stopped there I could see how some of the buildings are.

To call Mears I dialed just the 0 and asked for Mears. They never charged me the Mears calls from the room phone.

Marcel.

The towncar service dropped us off right at the entrance and yes, we prearranged a pick-up time of 3 PM. It had just started to storm, and I was worried that the car wouldn't be there yet...but oh no, there it was waiting for us!

We will be using a towncar service again this year...I am thinking about trying FL Tours.
One bad experience with Mears was enough for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter