best way to get from poly to contemporary

smores

DIS Veteran
we are staying at the poly and have dinner reservations at the california grill at 5:45 pm.....i understand the monorail will be down....what's the best way (fastest) to get to the contemporary?

fastest would probably be to take a cab.

kills me with this shutting down of the monorails. Why not just have the Express go back and forth from TTC to MK instead of looping all the way around??

And why not have the resort line go to Poly and reverse back to MK??

Do the things not go in reverse??

we are staying at the poly and have dinner reservations at the california grill at 5:45 pm.....i understand the monorail will be down....what's the best way (fastest) to get to the contemporary?

When the monorail is down, Disney will be running special buses.

You could take the bus.

Or-

Take the water shuttle from the Poly to MK.
Walk to the CR.

MK-to-Contemp-BLT-MCU.jpg

Moved your post to this Board where I feel the experts can give you some solid information.

I believe the boat launch goes from the Poly to the Contemporary!
It's possible it's changed, but from what I remember, there was one launch that went MK -> GF -> Poly -> MK, and a second launch that went MK -> CR -> WL -> FW. My order on the second one may be mixed up.

I would do boat. Poly to MK then boat to CR. It will take longer than walking from MK to CR, but I liked the boats. :thumbsup2

The Poly and CR do not share a boat.

Taking the boat from the Poly to MK then walking over to CR is probably what we would do.

Have a great time whatever way you choose!

For the hours that the monorail is down, Disney will have more boats in service, as well as buses. If I were at the Polynesian and needed to get to the CR, I would just take the boat over to the MK....it goes there directly. Then walk to the CR....the walk is under 10 mins. The boat ride is under 15 mins.
You could take a cab, but the boat ride is nice, as is the walk. I would plan on leaving the Polynesian by 4:45, just to be on the safe side. Even if the monorail were operating, I would still recommend leaving by 5..so 15 addtl mins isn't a biggie.

It's possible it's changed, but from what I remember, there was one launch that went MK -> GF -> Poly -> MK, and a second launch that went MK -> CR -> WL -> FW. My order on the second one may be mixed up.

I would do boat. Poly to MK then boat to CR. It will take longer than walking from MK to CR, but I liked the boats. :thumbsup2

There is no boat route that includes the MK and the CR. There is an MK-GF-Poly route, an MK-WL-FW route and a CR-WL-FW route.

Check to make sure the monorail is not running, first.

On Tuesday I was surprised to monorails running at about 3:30. A cm said they'd finished the construction work early that day.

If you want to get there as fast as possible I would recommend taking a Taxi.

However if you don't feel like paying the cost involved I would try to leave a bit earlier, so that would mean taking the Boat to the Magic Kingdom and from there using the walkway to the Contemporary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter