best way to buy tickets with out spending too much

ADreamer4lyfe

Earning My Ears
I am having a hard time figuring out the best way to buy our tickets.. we are staying at the all star sports and we are gonna be there 7 days/ 6 nights.. I havent bought the tickets yet cause i want to make sure i dont pay for anything i dont need. We are doing the magic your way disney plus dinning.. but i wanted to know can we stay 7 days and not purchase park tickets for our last day.. i am not sure if i am asking the right .. bascially i wanna fgo to the parks for 6 days and just relax on day 7 before we go back to freeeeezing cleveland and want to know the best way to "purchase" the tickets

Go to Mousesavers.com and sign up for their newsletter. IN your newsletter, you'll get a link to undercover tourist (online ticket broker) with a discount for being a Mousesavers subscriber. I saved some $$ on my December tickets that way.

I have to vote for UT too. Unless you know for certain you are going back in the next 12 months, in that case you might want to look at annual passes.

We just went for 5 days and only bought 3 day park tickets. We knew we wouldn't be going to the parks on our arrival or departure day. In hindsight, I should have just gotten 2 days tickets as 3 parks in 3 days was a bit too much for my 3 year old. We should have done MK, then had a rest day, and then done MK again or one other park...that would have been plenty.

So, yes, you can just get 6 days of tickets, or even 5 if you're arriving later in the day and don't want to go to any parks on your arrival day. Or even 4 days if you want a rest day somewhere in the middle of your trip.

If $$ is a primary concern don't get hoppers, don't get the water park option and don't get the non-expiring. And get only the days you actually want to visit parks. If I were going let's say from Saturday to Saturday for our next trip I'd get only 5 days days of tickets; I'd do parks on Sun, Mon & Tues, rest at the resort on Wed and then do parks on Thurs & Fri before leaving Saturday. But that's me. If you choose to do parks Sunday through Thursday that's ok too. You do NOT have to buy the exact # of days that you're staying.

What you DO have to do is purchase the dining plan for all of those days. But not park tickets.

wow this is why i love this web site... thank you all so much!! ...
Bren;s mom i thinkim gonna do exactly what you said with getting only 5 park tickets .. but stay 7 days.. did you say i CAN get the dinning with out the park ticket?

i am pretty sure that the price of 7 days is only a couple dollars more than 6 days so keep this in mind. the first 4 days are the most expensive and each day after that is only a few dollars more. just keep this in mind.

If you're staying onsite you're eligible for the dining plan. But with the dining plan it's all or nothing...either you buy it (for each NIGHT that you're there) or you don't. You can get it for just part of your trip, nor can you get it for only some of the people in your party.

How many days worth of park tickets you buy have nothing to do with the dining plan. They're totally separate things.

And newsliner is right; the tickets going from day 5 to day 6 are only about $3 more per person. So if you're unsure you might want to keep that in mind. Same with going from day 6 to day 7 of park tickets, only about $3 more per person. So to go from 5 days of park tickets for 4 people to 7 days of park tickets for 4 people is a difference of about $24.

Happy planning!

to add the dining plan you havce to purchase at least 1 day tickets as part of yor package. so don't buy them thru another vendor if you are adding the dining plan.
if you are going for 7 nights, have you considered,or eligible for, the buy 4 get 3 free deal? or is anyone in your party military?

We arent going till next dec or jan i havent decided yet i graduate from nursing school Nov1 and this is my present to everyone putting up with me.. so everything is up in the air but i am just trying to get a number in my head so i can start saving. My husband WAS in the army but he has been out for for almost 5 years now and he didnt retire so we arent eligable for the discounts (boo lol)

If you want to do dining, then you would need to buy your tix through Disney. I would seriously re-evaluate if the dining plan is worth it, especially if you don't plan on being in the parks each day.

can you save a decent amount of $ going through mousesavers to UT? I pulled my last in b/n e-mail it would save me all of $1 per ticket than if I just went thought UT (w/o the e-mail link). Or does it varry per e-mail?

Also to get the dining plan you have to stay on property right?

If you really want to cut costs you should consider not adding the park hopper option to your ticket. The cost is $50/ticket so depending on your party size you can really save.

The price difference between 5 and 7 days is actually not that much. I would rather pay for the extra days (if you would actually use them) and not park hop giving more time in all of the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter