Best way to buy AP's

dlsanchez

Mouseketeer
I am buying seasonal AP's for my son and I for a trip in a week for 4 days. Our whole family is going back in April. What is the best way/price to buy the AP's?

Seams like the cheapest way is to buy the buy 2 get 1 free ticket from Under Cover Tourist and upgrade. Nobody can guarantee that it will be cheaper but it has worked for everyone who has reported back here so far.

Seams like the cheapest way is to buy the buy 2 get 1 free ticket from Under Cover Tourist and upgrade. Nobody can guarantee that it will be cheaper but it has worked for everyone who has reported back here so far.

Yup, that's what we did--bonus if you happen to buy your tickets right before a price increase (making them more valuable in the park once you've used a day). We upgraded UT 3 day tickets for under $11 each in December.

Buy soon as I read on another site to expect UO tickets to increase like Disney did
Do you have a link? My friend has to get tickets for our trip in January. Want to avoid a price increase. Didn't they just go up last November?

Thanks for putting the link in quandrea

I came back to put it in and see you handled it

Whenever I read Disney ups their ticket price, UO usually follows

Thanks for putting the link in quandrea

I came back to put it in and see you handled it

Whenever I read Disney ups their ticket price, UO usually follows
No problem. CAA in Canada is still posting old rates. My friend ran out this morning like a mad woman to get her tickets for January. I've got my AP from my trip in January.

Now, if they would tell us what the are going to do with APs and VB...

The increase I read about was for single day tickets

Nothing for ap as they increased in December

But......who really knows if ap's will take a hit....

The increase I read about was for single day tickets

Nothing for ap as they increased in December

But......who really knows if ap's will take a hit....
We are waiting...come on universal, let us know! I've got 5 to renew!

It looks like buy 2 days get one free is now same price as ap on universal website. So, does that mean I wont have to pay any extra to upgrade to ap at park?

I guess so if ap rates don't increase...

(Have not looked on the UO site to see the prices though)

From what has been posted over last few months it was about an additional $10 or so for upgrading to the cheapest ap

I am super confused about the prices. How do you know what value they give to a 2 day plus one day ptp ticket? Is it the online price or the gate price? I am going in a week and hope the ap does not increase! Should I just buy the pass at Universal online and not worry about the savings incse the price goes up for the AP?

To clarify - It is $274.99 online for 3 day pass but if I buy UT ticket for 2 days plus one free, do I get 274.99 or do I get the gate price which I think is more. Where do I find the gate price?

Once you use your ticket to enter the parks, the tickets will have the current value

(If you bought your passes and price increased after that, they would be worth that newer price )

The value of your buy 2 get 1 day free would be worth _____

Cost of ap ______

Subtract the two numbers and you will see what you will owe to do the upgrade

To clarify - It is $274.99 online for 3 day pass but if I buy UT ticket for 2 days plus one free, do I get 274.99 or do I get the gate price which I think is more. Where do I find the gate price?
Once you use it, it becomes the current price

Gate price should be online

Go to UO site and then open tickets

You will see gate price there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter