• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best way from Pop to Trail's End

Getting from one resort to another is time consuming unless you have a car. Using Disney transportation you always need to get to a theme park (or DTD) and then on to the resort. In your case you can take a bus from Pop to the MK. You will see boat docks opposite the MK entrance. Find the one that is going to Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness. Once you get off at FW Trail's End is a short walk. It is very pleasant boat ride. I don't remember how long it took when we did this but it is not a very long ride.

If you do have a car, you drive to FW by going to MK and then turn right AFTER the toll gates (tell them you are going to FW). Park in front lot and take internal bus to get to the Settlement/Trails End.

The above posters suggestion is the most fun though, I love the boat ride back and forth.:thumbsup2

easiest is definately taking a bus to MK and then a boat launch over to FW. That way you avoid the internal buses at FW as well. But don't kid yourself, its going to easily take you over a half-hour/45 minutes to get there....

I'd take a cab.

Yup....that's exactly what my friend and I did last month. I believe the fare came to around $15-$16 so we each gave the driver $10. Just go to the luggage services desk and ask them to call a cab for you. The cabs "stage" in the parking lot so when they are called, they pull right around and pick you up. The luggage services CM got the door for us and told the driver exactly where we needed to go:thumbsup2. It took us about 10 minutes to get there at 7:45am. Beat the heck out of navigating multiple buses and boats:lmao:.

However, if you take a cab to Ft. Wilderness for Trails End, you still have to take an internal bus to the Settlement.

The easiest is really bus to MK and boat to the Fort, then a short walk to Trails End.

OP here.
Thanks for all the suggestions. We will be relying on Disney Transportation. Our flight is scheduled to land at 1:10 PM and our ADR is at 5:10 PM. I figured as soon as we get our room at POP we would quick freshen up and get over to Fort Wilderness. This is my mom's first trip, so I think she would love the boat ride.....so will my kids ;) I was planning on leaving POP 1 1/2 hours before our ADR.
If we are delayed (Which is VERY likely since we are flying from Wisconsin) we will take a cab!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter