Best Walt Disney biography?

If you are looking for a very thorough biography, Neal Gabler's "Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination" should be PERFECT! It is quite long (880 pages :headache:), but it is a very very very good account of Walt's life. I highly recommend it!

If you are looking for a very thorough biography, Neal Gabler's "Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination" should be PERFECT! It is quite long (880 pages :headache:), but it is a very very very good account of Walt's life. I highly recommend it!

That sounds awesome! Looks like I've found my new travel companion for next week's flight to Disney! Thank you so much. And thanks, BabyPiglet for starting such a neat thread. I had been curious about this myself. ^_^

splashmountain86, thank you! I have 3 weeks off before my summer class and not many plans, and I'm stuck in this incredible Disney mood. The only things I really know about Walt is what I learned from the walk through at DHS. I found that book on Amazon for only 13 bucks, so I'm definitely buying it.

-RockettowerPlaza- (First of all, that is my very very favourite place at WDW.) Thanks! I was reading about Lee Cockerell's new book, and that is what really inspired me. Oh, and call me Jenn. :)

I should mention that I started the Gabler book but found it very dry. It was the first time that a writer has been given full access to the archives so it has details other books do not - however, the Disney family has come forward and expressed their dislike of the book because of incorrect information regarding the family life.

BabyPiglet and RocketTowerPlaza, you both are very welcome :goodvibes

I was inspired to pick up the book after i did the One Man's Dream attraction at DHS last summer. I thought i knew all there was to know about Walt after the attraction, but boy was i wrong!

I have heard a few people mention they found it a bit dry, and i can totally see where you are coming from Berlioz70. The book is PUMPED with facts and information, and, at times, there were a few dry spots. You are right about the Disney's feelings about the book :thumbsup2. Diane Disney (Walt's daughter) has been quoted many times stating she dislikes it. However, this may be because of how honest the book is. Like you said Berlioz70, she HATED the way in which Gabler wrote about Walt and his wife Lillian's relationship. However, this does not detract from the mass amount of information given about the studios, films, and Disneyland.

I would love to hear more reviews about this book!

O, and you all can call me Dan :)

I read a biography that is endorsed by Disney. An American Original Walt Disney. I picked up this book at the end of my program in World of Disney. I couldn't put it down. I wrote a paper over the book and loved every minute of it. The book is 360 pages, so it is not a long read. I highly recommend this book!

I agree, the biography by Bob Thomas is very good. He was the Disney family's personal biographer.

Check out "How to be like Walt," I'm about a quarter through and I'm really enjoying it!

Check out "How to be like Walt," I'm about a quarter through and I'm really enjoying it!

I totally agree with you on this one, the "How To Be Like Walt" book is great. It's basically a biography with life lessons that you can apply to your own life. It's really in depth and informative! I've learned a lot of new things about Walt's life from it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter