Best TS for first night

I think this depends on if you are using Disney transportation or if you have your own car?

I really wont want to go to a park then to Poly, then after meal bus to park then to all star. But if you had a car or would pay for a taxi then I think ohana (although we hated the food and wont go back).

For me I would do DTD...getting in a little shopping and hit up one of the places down there.

We love 'Ohana!!! I think it's a great choice for your first night's meal! Plus, lots of activities for your DD to take part in! Coconut race!!

I've been stalking the dining website for a Chef Mickey's cancellation and just got one for our arrival night at the perfect time!!! I'm so excited. Now DD can show Minnie her own Minnie dress! :goodvibes

If you are not going to a park. I think DTD would be a good choice. Easy to get to and from your resort. Lots of choices for dinner. Trex or RFC if your child is not frightened by noises. It can get loud at both. But we enjoy them both!

We love to do a character meal to kick off the holiday. Chef Mickey is great, or Ohana but that isn't a character meal for dinner.

Ohana is wonderful, but with a 5 year old and your first trip to WDW, I would do the character meal at Chef Mickey's and then head over to the fireworks on the beach at Poly. Chef Mickey's is a really lively character meal - lots of singing and dancing - it won't disappoint your DD!

Another idea is Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney. The DDP is accepted there. Plus there is alot to do at Downtown Disney before/after you eat. Goofey's Candy Company, Gharidelli, Lego Store, carousel ride, etc.

We did Trails End buffet for our first night dinner. The food is really good and reasonably priced. Then we watched fireworks and the electical water parade from the beach.

We are traveling down Monday :cool1: and our first night will be at Sanaa. We have never eaten there before, and love Indian food so we are very excited to try it. I hear they have large windows and you can view the animals. You just have to make the ADR early enough to be able to view the animals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter