Best Travel Cup - Yeti or Something Else?

belle2008

Mouseketeer
So I still owe a few Christmas presents one of which was requested a Yeti tumbler. I'm having a hard time paying $30 for a cup but if it's going to last and be worth it then it won't be so bad. I'm reading mixed things online so thought I'd check here and see if anyone has any pros/cons against the Yeti or any recommendations for cheaper alternatives that do a good job on keeping drinks hot/cold as needed for long periods of time.

Thanks!

We have Yeti tumblers (20 ounce) and have taken them on several cruises. Tried the 30 oz tumblers, but they were just to big to handle and lug around the ship. They last forever and are extremely sturdy (dropping, bumping, etc.). Hot stays hot for several hours and self-serve ice cream stays cold for well over an hour even in the Panama Canal heat and it's all metal so there are no restrictions for glass objects. Yes you can pay a lot less for a tumbler than $30. It's the Yeti name and reputation you are really paying the extra $$$. A gift is a gift. Once given you can't tell them how to use it or be responsible for it (as the PP noted leaving cups all over the country).

20181226_095732.jpg

I have an Ozark Trail travel tumbler from walmart that I use daily. There are several side by side comparisons online, youtube, etc comparing it to the Yeti and it keeps things just as cold/hot for just as long for a fraction of the price. It keeps my coffee so hit that I just burned tongue on the cup I brewed nearly 3 hours ago. My son has the 10 oz version and he loves his as well

upload_2018-12-26_9-46-18.png

I have a Yeti, they do keep things hot/cold but they (or at least mine) leak if tipped over which makes them less than ideal as a travel mug. I really like the MIRA or S'well type bottles for travel. They close tight, stay cold for 24 hours and are pretty much unbreakable.

I’m a fan of Hydroflasks. Not any cheaper than Yeti but well worth the price IMO. I fill my bottles up before I go to bed and their temp stays consistent well into the next day. There are less inexpensive alternatives but both companies have warranties and good CS.

If you are a Costco member they have a couple different options. They have a 32oz Wide Mouth HydroFlask for $35 online and in-store a pair around 24oz for $19 (I think)

No matter what you get you want want that will seal well, and ideally something you can hang off a backpack if you want, but not to big as you wont want to lug to much weight around.

We have several (an embarrassing amount of yeti products) and they are well worth the money. We both use our 20oz tumblers for coffee everyday and it keeps the coffee hot enough to drink for at least 3 hours.

I purchase cabella's gift cards usually around 20% off and buy my yeti products there. Don't buy yeti on amazon or eBay, 99% of those are fakes.

I as well have the Ozark Trail brand from Walmart and love it. It keeps ice in ice form for hours in the sun in summer. Coffee hot for hours. Good alternate if some of your are looking for a similar style product at a fraction of hte cost.
However, if I were giving someone a gift, I'm giving them the Yeti brand. Unless they specifically asked for the Ozark Trail ones. They want Yeti because they want that brand.

Another fan of Hydro flask. We left a couple of them in the van for an entire day while we were at AK last June. When we got back to the car, mine was still ice cold and still had ice cubes in it.

We are huge Yeti fans. I stop at McDonalds on my way to work most mornings and get a Diet Coke that I then pour into my 30 oz Yeti. I drink on it all day long and when I rinse it out at 4:00 PM, the ice is still in there.

I have a couple Ozark large travel tumblers that I use for coffee and small ones for cocktails. They are great, they keep coffee hot for hours and ice stays frozen so it doesn't water down the drinks.
I do have the Yeti handled coffee mugs that I use at my camp and they keep coffee hot on cool mornings. I can keep it outside and sip on it doesn't get cold. The construction of those feels much better quality and heavier compared the OT ones. I would bite the bullet and spend the $30 since it is a gift and that is what they asked for.

I have a stainless ( outer layer is soft and in color) one called Bubba.
I have literary made a cold drink, added ice and the next day it still has ice and is cold.
I typically don’t use it for hot but would strongly believe it’s be Hot as well. It’s excellent. I have gifted and it’s a huge hit.

I have a couple metal cups of different name brands, and the RTIC and YETI seem to be the best /equals.
I bring one of the large-large cups to work every morning, and when I leave work I still have ice in the cup.

We are fans of YETI, Hydroflsk and Swell but have also discovered Simple Modern recently and have bought their products with no issues. We usually get our boys water bottles from SM as the price point is more easy to swallow especially for kids that may lose them.

Thank you everyone for your input! I will get them a Yeti since that's what they asked for - just glad to hear it's worth the money. And if I ever want one myself sounds like I have some great options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter