Best to ask about the Shaman on Na’vi River?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Look_Alive, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Look_Alive

Look_Alive Earning My Ears

My spouse is in Orlando for a work conference and spent some time in the parks when he could. He was excited to ride FOP and NRJ a day ago, but was sad to discover that the fantastic Shaman animatronic was in “B-Mode”, which means it’s just a screen projection and the animatronic itself is gone.

Since the Shaman is essentially the main reason to go on NRJ, I supposed it’s best to ask if the Shaman is working instead of waiting in long lines to miss it. Just wanted to give a head’s up, although this has probably been discussed before.

2. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 Throw another moon at me and I’m going to lose it.

Good tip, although I’m not sure if the CMs working the attraction entrances will necessarily know.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Yeah they might know but not all the time. They might be told to say everything is in working order too. Cast isn't always very honest with guests in that way.

5. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 Throw another moon at me and I’m going to lose it.

I was trying to be diplomatic. ;)

6. KelNChrisKYDis

KelNChrisKYDis I'm aware we just got back.

Oh that's a bummer!! I didn't know that was an issue. My 5 year old rode FOP but didn't enjoy it (a little too much for her) but she loooooved NRJ, and the Shaman was absolutely her favorite part. We rode at closing time 4x's in a row and she had mastered the hand movements by the end, haha.

Look_Alive and rteetz like this.
  7. FCDub

FCDub DIS Veteran

And just because it's working when you get in line doesn't mean it will be working by the time you float by it.

8. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

Or vice versa. Which is the #1 reason why the CM will not typically answer about it's status if you ask at the start.

Cinderella94 likes this.
  9. MinnieMSue

MinnieMSue DIS Veteran

Does it break down frequently?

10. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

Kinda. Based on your definition of frequent. It's a pretty intricate form of animatronic. The reason they use a screen instead of just taking the ride down is how often it goes down.

MinnieMSue, rteetz and Melissa Perez like this.
  11. Klayfish

Klayfish DIS Veteran

Either that or the Shaman is union, and in his contract he only has to work 10 minutes out of every hour. Heck, the Yeti has been on strike for years... :crazy:

12. Look_Alive

Apparently, often enough that it’s earning the nickname “Disco Shaman.” LOL

MinnieMSue likes this.
  13. Look_Alive

Good point. Maybe best to ask a guest that’s just coming out of the ride to get an accurate answer. (Obviously, no guarantee it won’t go down while you’re standing in line, as someone else mentioned.)

AngiTN likes this.
  14. tobikaye

tobikaye DIS Veteran

Probably best to make sure it is a guest that would know the difference, too. If you get someone that has not ridden it before, they might not know what it should look like.

Look_Alive likes this.