Best tip for first time solo traveler?

Another counter service tip -- if there aren't any free tables, just ask if you can sit with a smaller party. I asked to sit with a couple & after they left a mom with 2 boys asked if they could sit with me! Of course I said yes, but "made" them take a picture of me & my huge turkey leg in exchange :D

One thing I like to do is take my cell phone into the parks with me. If something exciting or eventful happens and I want to share it with someone, I just call my DSIS (who loves WDW as much as I do) and share it with her. She also has fun being at the parks vicariously through me. I'll call and say "I'm sitting on a bench at Epcot looking out at the lake and eating a Kaki Gori." Or I'll hold out the phone so she can hear the music from the fountain show in Future World. Plus it helps you through those (infrequent) bouts of loneliness.

I agree with the others about how great it is going solo. I spend a lot of time just wandering around the parks. It's amazing how much live entertainment you run into that way, and not just at Epcot. I saw the neatest show in the New York area of MGM last December. I have no idea who they were or what they're called, but it was a blast!

I found that I, too, talk to a lot of people when I'm by myself. I've met a lot of interesting people when I didn't have family or friends with me to talk to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter