• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Time to visit HHI?

dlr25

Earning My Ears
I am thinking about going to HHI (our first time) next April. After reading some recent posts about the gorgeous beaches, I wonder if it will be warm enough then to really enjoy the beach. I also notice that the points are highest in the summer when I think it would be too hot. Is summer really the best time to go? Any thoughts, opinions or advice would be appreciated.

I think May or June would be perfect!

We have been in July (beautiful but humid) and in March (not so lush and much cooler than I expected).

I would think September or October would be nice as well.

We were there in July two years ago (not Disney...Westin). It was pretty darned hot and HUMID. Being at the pool rather than the beach and having the ability to get back to the room quickly made it bearable.

I'd have to agree...May and June...September and October would be prime time for us. Being from landlocked, hot and humid Atlanta, we usually head for the mountains of NC in July and August to escape the heat.

July trip was very hot and humid..too hot to just sit by pool or beach. We spent most of the time in the water. Water in pool at resort was not refreshing..almost bath temp due to sun. Pool at beach house was much better. We have been in april and the beach was great, but ocean temp at bit too cold for me, pools were fine. That beach is great to walk or bike on all year..we have gone during christmas week four times! If you don't like the humidity, go May or early June.
we love this resort!
Connears

Thanks for all of the advice. We're going to try for late April next year. It sounds like the summer would not be ideal for us. We already live someplace that's hot and humid in July and August!

Originally posted by kweaver
I'd have to agree...May and June...September and October would be prime time for us. Being from landlocked, hot and humid Atlanta, we usually head for the mountains of NC in July and August to escape the heat.

North Carolina is an improvement??? Maybe I've been through the wrong part of NC when driving to and from Atlanta but all of I-81 seemed hot in July to me.

Last year we were there in early November and it was plenty warm enough to swim in the pool and the beach. Every day it hit at least 80 degrees, although I was told that it was unseasonably warm last year at that time.

Originally posted by doubletrouble_vb
North Carolina is an improvement??? Maybe I've been through the wrong part of NC when driving to and from Atlanta but all of I-81 seemed hot in July to me.

The person said North Carolina mountains, which are very nice in July and August. It's amazing what 2-3,000 ft. of elevation will do for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter