Best time to go?

disneyjr77

DIS Veteran
I already have our trip booked for the last week of August, but am now starting to wonder if I should change it.

The other option is August 10-18. I read that the summer season is not as busy as it used to be, is that true? I compared packages and it's only a $47.25 difference to go earlier. Are flights cheaper?

Which week do you think would be better? I feel like it's going to be crazy hot either way, so that won't be a deciding factor lol

Probably a push for me, personally.

With the last week of August, you might have a chance of an early MNSSHP and F&W opening, if they follow the same trend next year (we won’t know dates for quite awhile though).

I went Labor Day weekend this year and I would gladly go then again over many other times of the year.

Probably a push for me, personally.

With the last week of August, you might have a chance of an early MNSSHP and F&W opening, if they follow the same trend next year (we won’t know dates for quite awhile though).

I went Labor Day weekend this year and I would gladly go then again over many other times of the year.

I forgot about MNSSHP! Well then...that makes it easy, we won't change anything :) An early F&W would be cool too, but def excited about the party

I forgot about MNSSHP! Well then...that makes it easy, we won't change anything :) An early F&W would be cool too, but def excited about the party

Lol, sounds like a plan. But don’t come back here yelling at me if they change and don’t start until September next year! :-)

We went the middle of August this year arriving the 11th. It was cloudy all week which made the temps a little cooler. There were crowds but not awful bad on a scale from 1 to 10 I would say crowds were a 7. The only thing I worry about for the last week of August is the hurricanes and tropical storms bringing wind and rain. The past 2 years Florida has had a hurricane right around that time closing down the parks. I'm not sure what weeks they came in but I know it was after we had left. I think it may have been in September but they start getting active around that time.

Last edited:
If you're worried about crowds, go the last week. It will be really, really hot though. We've gone the last week for the past 7 years and it's not really crowded at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter