Best time to go?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by disneyjr77, Oct 10, 2017.

1. disneyjr77

disneyjr77 Mouseketeer

I already have our trip booked for the last week of August, but am now starting to wonder if I should change it.

The other option is August 10-18. I read that the summer season is not as busy as it used to be, is that true? I compared packages and it's only a $47.25 difference to go earlier. Are flights cheaper?

Which week do you think would be better? I feel like it's going to be crazy hot either way, so that won't be a deciding factor lol

2. GADisneyDad14

GADisneyDad14 DIS Veteran

Probably a push for me, personally.

With the last week of August, you might have a chance of an early MNSSHP and F&W opening, if they follow the same trend next year (we won’t know dates for quite awhile though).

I went Labor Day weekend this year and I would gladly go then again over many other times of the year.

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

-->

to hide this advert.
  4. disneyjr77

disneyjr77 Mouseketeer

I forgot about MNSSHP! Well then...that makes it easy, we won't change anything :) An early F&W would be cool too, but def excited about the party

5. GADisneyDad14

GADisneyDad14 DIS Veteran

Lol, sounds like a plan. But don’t come back here yelling at me if they change and don’t start until September next year! :-)

disneyjr77 likes this.
  6. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

We went the middle of August this year arriving the 11th. It was cloudy all week which made the temps a little cooler. There were crowds but not awful bad on a scale from 1 to 10 I would say crowds were a 7. The only thing I worry about for the last week of August is the hurricanes and tropical storms bringing wind and rain. The past 2 years Florida has had a hurricane right around that time closing down the parks. I'm not sure what weeks they came in but I know it was after we had left. I think it may have been in September but they start getting active around that time.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  7. DisneyWishes14

DisneyWishes14 DIS Veteran

If you're worried about crowds, go the last week. It will be really, really hot though. We've gone the last week for the past 7 years and it's not really crowded at all.

GADisneyDad14 likes this.
  8. Dsny4fun

Dsny4fun Mouseketeer

loe the last week of Aug...yes it's very hot but its not very crowded

9. disneyjr77

disneyjr77 Mouseketeer

End of August it is, we can deal with the heat. I always say i can deal with heat or crowds, but not both!

GADisneyDad14 likes this.