Best time to cruise for sea-sick prone mommy

cissy

Kindness is Strength
I know that storms can happen any time and that there are no guarantees, but I was wondering if there is a particular time of year that is calmer than others. I have been reading a lot and it looks like Jan, Feb and March can be especially "barfy" so I will avoid those months. But is there a traditionally peaceful time to sail to the Bahama's??:confused3

This is a tricky question. Summer months are usually smoother but that doesn't mean that a storm wouldn't brew-up unexpectedly. But you probably would fare the best then.

That is what I thought but I really want to sail in October as the prices are less. I will do some more research. Thanks for responding!

Both of my cruises were in March and we had very calm seas. There is no guarantee that any time you sail you will not get into a patch of rough waters. The captain tries very hard to avoid them, but sometimes can't miss them altogether.

That is what I thought but I really want to sail in October as the prices are less. I will do some more research. Thanks for responding!

The reason the prices are low in October are because, children will be in school, and it is smack dab in the middle of hurricane season. :scared1:

BUTTTT I have sailed in the beginning of October, no problems, all smooth sailing. april/may I have noticed though, is a good time to sail. :)

I have sailed twice in January and it was great. Only rough seas were coming out of the Gulf Stream the first night. We actually had one day the sea was as flat as glass.

Only have two experiences to go from - June and February. June was very smooth, but February was quite rough and windy - missed docking at Castaway Cay.

We rebooked our next cruise to go in June.

We went in March 08...was very windy down in the Virgin Islands...so much so that several of the boating excursions we had booked were canceled. Was very rough ride from St Maarten to St. Thomas. We did have picture perfect weather at CC though.

Hurricane season for the Atlantic is from June 1 to November 30th. So, October is pretty much the end with a higher chance in the Gulf of Mexico area than the Bahamas during October.

I think you are right on, though, about the prices being cheaper because of school.

Any info on Western Mediterranean sea conditions in June? (Barcelona to Dover) My wife doesn't like high seas and I'm curious to what I should advise her to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter