• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Time To Buy Park Tickets?

TheOneWithTheTriplets

DIS Veteran
My flights are booked, DVC points rented, and just today we added the DDP and ME to our reservation. At this point, my only major expense left is the park tickets.

I'm not traveling until February and my 60 days is just after Christmas, so I have some time to wait if it's worth it. Do any of the discount ticket re-sellers typically have, say, a Black Friday deal worth waiting for? Or is it just a matter of when I want to fork up the cash?

My flights are booked, DVC points rented, and just today we added the DDP and ME to our reservation. At this point, my only major expense left is the park tickets.

I'm not traveling until February and my 60 days is just after Christmas, so I have some time to wait if it's worth it. Do any of the discount ticket re-sellers typically have, say, a Black Friday deal worth waiting for? Or is it just a matter of when I want to fork up the cash?

I always order through UT. If you buy your tickets for 2019 now through them, just make sure that they are good in 2019. I've heard some reports of people ordering now and getting tickets that expire Dec. 31, 2018.

There were Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals last year. I think Undercover Tourist and Visit Orlando both had special discounts.

I always order through UT. If you buy your tickets for 2019 now through them, just make sure that they are good in 2019. I've heard some reports of people ordering now and getting tickets that expire Dec. 31, 2018.

Yeah, UT had a really good deal on my ticket category (9 day base) but it was more expensive for the eticket than the mailed ticket, which seemed unusual. When I chatted them about it, it's because of the expiration dates.

There were Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals last year. I think Undercover Tourist and Visit Orlando both had special discounts.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping. There are certain things that I know to wait and order that weekend because of deals (local zoo membership always on sale that weekend, for instance) but I wasn't sure if hoping for a Black Friday sale on Disney tickets was overly optimistic. Of course, if there are rumors about another increase from Disney, I'll just order before they go into effect, even if it's not a special sale.

I ordered the etickets from UT a few weeks ago and they say they are valid til 1/14/20

I believe the etickets are all at the later date, mailed tickets it depends on their inventory for that ticket type.

Not sure if you are into getting deals with credit cards but the capital one venture card if you get that and spend 3k in 3 months you get $500 credit for travel purchase.
They consider UT travel so I bought the Tickets with that card and other stuff to make it to 3k and got a total of $560 credit.

Not sure if you are into getting deals with credit cards but the capital one venture card if you get that and spend 3k in 3 months you get $500 credit for travel purchase.
They consider UT travel so I bought the Tickets with that card and other stuff to make it to 3k and got a total of $560 credit.

We are generally folks who do like to use credit card deals, but within reason. We just did two new cards in the past few months, so not sure if we'd want to mix in a third. Does that one have an annual fee?

We are generally folks who do like to use credit card deals, but within reason. We just did two new cards in the past few months, so not sure if we'd want to mix in a third. Does that one have an annual fee?

Our UT ticket total was right at $2,000 so we just had to put an additional 1k on the card. As soon as we did and everything cleared the points were available to redeem within the next few days after everything had cleared.

With this card, the best use of the sign on points is to get a credit towards a travel purchase made on the card. And UT is considered a travel expense which is great!

This is where I saw about it & followed this & it worked out great. https://www.richmondsavers.com/strategy-free-disney-world-park-tickets/

Apparently, my husband was already eyeballing this card for the tsa pre check credit. We may be opening another card tonight...

If you get a referral bonus, pm me a link.

Apparently, my husband was already eyeballing this card for the tsa pre check credit. We may be opening another card tonight...

If you get a referral bonus, pm me a link.

Thanks for thinking of me! For whatever reason they aren’t doing referral links now ...only a certain group that gets an email from them to do it.

And good luck! Like I said this card was a very easy process to get the rewards once the $$ was spent

I am travelling next August and am torn between buying tickets before the next increase from ut or hoping for another free dining promotion which would bring much larger savings. Thank you for the black friday tip. It might be just enough savings to convice me to go for it!

Sales will creep up at different locations. Last trip I got the best deal thru United (airlines) Vacations. It is usually posted here on the Budget Board if a good sale pops up.

I also use the Touring Plans ticket calculator to see which Authorized dealer had the best deal. (Don't need a Touring Plans subscription to access it) https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/ticket-calculator

Visit Orlando currently has a promo for 5 percent off tickets through sept 4 , with promo save5. If someone needs tickets soon, prices seem good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter