Best time to book - 7n Eastern - Jan 07

missmdr

Mouseketeer
For those who've cruised DCL in the past, would you say it's better to book in advance - like 9-12 months - or try a "last minute deal." I've always had such good luck finding phenomenal rates for vacations using the last minute idea; including a Disney cruise (4 n) in 2003. I can't remember how great of a deal I got, but at the time I was impressed. Anyway, we are going to do a 7n Eastern in Jan 07 and I'm riding the fence about booking now or later....

Thanks for the input,
Melanie :yay:

I haven't heard of any last minute deals DCL wise in a longgggg time.

The ships have been booked to capacity for quite a while now. It seems people cannot get upgrades at the port because the ship is filled. I wouldn't count on a deal if I were you and I'd book now for Jan 2007. That may be the best deal you're gonna get......

I would book now or prices will go up. Unless you are a FL resident, there haven't been discounts closer to the cruise in a long time.

I would say the sooner the better. We cruised in Jan 04 and watched the cost go up until sailing.

The price has even gone up about $300 since I priced out the January 2007 Western in February.

I have found that Disney is the one cruise line that does not have any last minute deals, our first DCL we booked last minute and it was no deal. We normally book about 10 to 12 months in advance. We booked Jan 07 in Jan 06 and our price has almost doubled. I don't think you will find any deals if you wait. Good luck!

marycaym said:
I have found that Disney is the one cruise line that does not have any last minute deals, our first DCL we booked last minute and it was no deal. We normally book about 10 to 12 months in advance. We booked Jan 07 in Jan 06 and our price has almost doubled. I don't think you will find any deals if you wait. Good luck!

I see from your countdown that you are on the same cruise we are. Feel free to join us on our (still small) meet thread... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=982069

Your best bet to book is a soon as the rates are released. Jan '07 was released around 6 months ago so the sooner the better. Our upcoming Aug '06 cruise I booked in Sept '04 which was 23 months in advance just to give you an example that it is NEVER to early to book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter