Best time of year...

goofynut41

Disney Veteran
When is the best time of year to visit Aulani? Or Hawaii in general? weather and crowds?:flower2:

I really like January/February. You can see big waves and should have crowds that are more manageable (not sure about at Aulani specifically, but at least around the island). Basically if you can stay away from the big school vacation times (Summer months, Christmas break), I think you will be pretty good :stitch:

We've been in February, April & May. All were good. February water temperatures are a bit cool if you are going to swim in the ocean. February does have the advantage of being during whale migration season, allowing you to do some whale watching either from a boat or along parts of the coast.

We've pretty much settled on May-June for our future trips, but any time is really a good time in Hawaii.

When looking at Aulani specifically, the pools are open a little later in the summer months and the ocean is a bit warmer too so if you are a big baby like me when it comes to water temps then summer and early fall is the best time

May/ early June is a winner. Weather is great, low chance of rain. Kids are still in school so crowds are lower.
Also been in early December = lowest crowds of year but the ocean water is a little cooler and choppy. Fun to watch big surf on north shore in December.

Our only visit was in October, so I have no other point of reference, but the weather was perfect at Aulani the whole time. It was a bit rainy on the North Shore day and our Kualoa Ranch day. The water was very rough on the North Shore - no swimming, but there were some serious surfers. The water was perfect in the lagoon at Aulani and was also very calm in Waikiki. As for crowds, while no where we went was empty, it wasn't slammed either. We went on our school's fall break, which overlapped a bit with Hawaiian schools' fall break that year. The weekend was busier at Aulani. We used those days to tour the island, so we were only at the resort in the evenings.

We went last week of April and it was perfect, not crowded, warm water and beautiful weather!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter