Best time of day to visit??

goofy4tink

No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator
We planning a day away from WDW this Aug. We'll be going to SW on Monday, Aug. 18. Question is: is there a better time to arrive? I have seen some people advise getting there at around 2-3 pm. And then staying to park closing. Is this the best bet? Or is as early in the day a better idea. It's my understanding that SW doesn't need 12 hrs. devoted to it. Thought we might do a water-park in the a.m. and then head to SW after lunch. Any thoughts? We've never done SW so it is all new to me. Thanks.

All days except Saturdays are good days. You might encounter long lines at Journey to Atlantis, Kraken, and Wild Arctic, but everything else should be OK. Shows may be packed, but arrive early to get a good seat. I've always thought that 1 1/2 days is good to see everything at Sea World.

As for Sea World being a park to see in less than 12 hours?
Might be a hard thing to do unless you just want to see or do the highlites. We spend too much time feeding the dolphins, etc. And I can spend an hour watching the polar bear and whales. It depends on what you want to get out of the trip as to how long it takes to see and do everything.

In august the afternoon will probably have a shower or thunderstorm because that is what it does here in Florida almost everyday in July and august.

We usually get to the park at opening and go from show to show until about 2 or 3. Then we eat lunch which even then usually means waiting in line to get food. It took over an hour in line to get up to the serving line at Smokey Creek Grill on Memorial Day weekend.
For August I would advise choosing an indoor restaurant on the waterfront to eat and try to be there during the thunderstorm. Then go back out into the park and spend the rest of the evening enjoying the rest of the park.

Other good spots for when it is raining is the manatee building, the shark encounter, and the Wild Arctic.

Thanks. Looks like we'll save a whole day for SW!! We don't do the thrill rides, so that should save some time in lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter