• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best studio DVC villa for honeymoon

danikoski

DIS Veteran
Hi all -
I'm trying to convince my non-Disney fiance (has never been) that a Disney World honeymoon next January would be great idea ;) I've convinced him enough that he has let me loose to investigate where we would stay. I have rented DVC points in the past for a 2 bedroom AKV-Kidani and it was awesome. Great experience, amazing trip, fabulous room. The only downside to AKV is the distance to the theme parks. I stayed at BC/YC way back in like 1993 as a girl, and I remember how cool it was to walk over to EPCOT (my favorite park). BWV interests me, but I've heard some horror stories about rooms, and my fiance used to work at a hotel, so the last thing I want is a not great room.
Our budget for accommodations for a week stay is around $1000-1500.
Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

P.S. I also know that we should have been planning a bit ago, but it took me about four months to convince him after doing some pricing of other options.

If it's available, a studio at the VGF would be perfect for a honeymoon. If not, we love the VWL. It's very cozy, lots of private nooks in the villas and the lodge. Though you'll have a hard time with reservations. Best try to book now!

If it's available, a studio at the VGF would be perfect for a honeymoon. If not, we love the VWL. It's very cozy, lots of private nooks in the villas and the lodge. Though you'll have a hard time with reservations. Best try to book now!

Thanks for the recommendations :) Ate at VWL in Nov. 2013...it was very nice...VGF may be out of our price range, and I'm guessing not available, but I will check. The new rooms do look lovely. I've noticed from posts that places are filling up for January, so it may be just where ever has availability, which really, it's Disney World, so that would be okay, just not necessarily ideal ;)

For a Disney World honeymoon, a 1 bedroom lake view at VGF is a must, even if you have to skip a couple of future vacations to pay for it! :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

Have you considered SSR? And you can walk to DTD. The rooms there are within your price range. BWV is within your price range, but it has a theme that is pretty old fashioned and reminds me of my grandmother's house, which would be a great grandmother for the OP. Not what I would call a honeymoon villa. But is near your favorite park. VWL is a beautiful resort and if you dine at Artist Point and let them know you are on your honeymoon, they will probably give you a glass of champagne. It is a signature restaurant so the prices are high.

Best wishes to you both.

VGF and VWL would be my top choices for a honeymoon--they're smaller DVC's--so quieter and less spread out. VGF is far more luxurious. We've stayed in studios at both (with our 2 kids) and I found both to be very relaxing--which is great after busy days at the parks. We love BWV for the location and theming--being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. There's also Jellyrolls (dueling piano bar) right on the boardwalk if you wanted evening entertainment in walking distance.

January 2015 is only 4 months away. Reality is you will have few options for a studio at this point. Animal Kingdom Villas, Old Key West and Saratoga Springs are likely to be the only resorts available...and even those are mostly full around the WDW Marathon and Martin Luther King holiday weekend.

If you have any serious intentions of renting, I would suggest starting the search immediately. Rank AKV, OKW and SSR in order of preference and go from there. There is very, very little chance you will be staying at Beach Club, BoardWalk, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge or Grand Floridian on DVC points when booking 4 months in advance.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter