Best stroller for my 4 year old son at DisneyWorld?

Corie

Earning My Ears
My son is 4 years old and he weighs about 40 pounds.

He will probably do most/some of the walking at DisneyWorld but
he tends to poop out easily. (like me!)

I'm thinking instead of renting a stroller at Disney that I would
just buy one. It would probably be cheaper to buy my own
stroller and then it's mine.

I could use the stroller later for mall trips, etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!!!
Corie

People really seem to like Maclaren strollers, although I haven't even had one. I don't think the sunshades on them are great, which might be an issue at DW.

Not sure what your price range is, but the Baby Jogger City Mini seems to be a very popular DW stroller. It has a huge sunshade, is easy to steer, full recline etc. It holds up tp 50 pounds. They run about $220.

The other option is renting one from Orlando Stroller Rentals. They actually rent the Baby Joggers. It's much more economical than Disney's stollers, but of course you wouldn't have one to take home! My DD is 4, and its been a long time since she's been in a stroller, so personally I'd rather have something nice and comfortable for her at the park.

People really seem to like Maclaren strollers, although I haven't even had one. I don't think the sunshades on them are great, which might be an issue at DW.

Not sure what your price range is, but the Baby Jogger City Mini seems to be a very popular DW stroller. It has a huge sunshade, is easy to steer, full recline etc. It holds up tp 50 pounds. They run about $220.

The other option is renting one from Orlando Stroller Rentals. They actually rent the Baby Joggers. It's much more economical than Disney's stollers, but of course you wouldn't have one to take home! My DD is 4, and its been a long time since she's been in a stroller, so personally I'd rather have something nice and comfortable for her at the park.

My SOn will be 4 when we go in December and we checked out the Baby Jogger Citi Mini and have decided to purchase it!! We took a mac volo to DL last year and it was just okay. Nothing to rave about in my opinion.

I'm sort of in the same boat... we have an 18 month old.. and a 5 year old who could do most of the walking himslef.. but will definitely try to get a ride on the 18 mo's stroller whenever he gets tired.... the problem is.. the stroller is only a single... I really don't want to invest in a brand new expensive stroller for a week's use... I doubt we'll ever use it again.. and I already have a nice one for my 18 month old... I'm trying to decide what to do.. REnting one from Disney seems like a waste of $... I can't imagine trying to carry either one of them when they get tired.. so.. I'm wondering if it's worth buying a cheapo umbrella type small one that's lightweight and folds easily from target / or BRU..... I thought about looking into a sit n stand.. but even those seem pricy, and will probably not need it after the trip.. suggestions?

My SOn will be 4 when we go in December and we checked out the Baby Jogger Citi Mini and have decided to purchase it!! We took a mac volo to DL last year and it was just okay. Nothing to rave about in my opinion.

I'm about to order one, too! :thumbsup2 I sold my only stroller yesterday, so I need one ASAP! I just can't pick a color! What color are you getting? I have a little girl, so I'm thinking maybe the green. :confused3

I'm sort of in the same boat... we have an 18 month old.. and a 5 year old who could do most of the walking himslef.. but will definitely try to get a ride on the 18 mo's stroller whenever he gets tired.... the problem is.. the stroller is only a single... I really don't want to invest in a brand new expensive stroller for a week's use... I doubt we'll ever use it again.. and I already have a nice one for my 18 month old... I'm trying to decide what to do.. REnting one from Disney seems like a waste of $... I can't imagine trying to carry either one of them when they get tired.. so.. I'm wondering if it's worth buying a cheapo umbrella type small one that's lightweight and folds easily from target / or BRU..... I thought about looking into a sit n stand.. but even those seem pricy, and will probably not need it after the trip.. suggestions?

My DDs will be 5 and 1 on our trip, and we are renting a double Baby Jogger City Mini from Orlando Stroller Rental. I like that its a nice, comfortable stroller...unlike the plastic ones at DW that have no padding or recline for the little one. It's $85 a week and they deliver to your resort. I'm sure we'll bring our single too, but for park days, I think we'll get a lot more mileage out of both of them if they're in a nice stroller. Heck, I'd like someone to push me around all the time! :rotfl:

My only concern is that we rent a big double, and DD5 wants to walk all the time, but even if she uses it half the time to rest/take a break, it will be worth having.

I bought a Perego P3 for my 4.5 yr old niece last year. The sun canopy was great. I had it shipped to the resort as I live in Canada. I tried out the Maclarens at a store up here and wasn't that impressed. The P3 has way more features and cost less. I bought mine from www.albeebaby.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter