Best souvenir you ever got

megs1313

DIS Veteran
Long story short my mom couldn’t come with us last minute and I want to bring her home something really special. I also want to bring something special home for a friend who helped my daughter navigate flying by herself. I know it will be personal but it got me wondering: what’s your favorite WDW souvenir??

*sorry if this isn’t a good forum to post this in! Feel free to move it!

A Disney souvenir for someone who didn't go is not my pick, unless they have remarked about wanting something in particular. I would purchase something non-Disney. Maybe as an add-on gift I would get a pin, tshirt, mug or a Disney themed food item that you can pack in your luggage.

Not mine, but I bought my SIL a woman’s dress scarf that had a pretty but subtle Disney print and she’s gotten alot of use out of it.

1653247239345.jpeg

There is only one correct answer.... the souvenir Orange Bird Sipper Cup. :goodvibes

(Currently available at The Citrus Blossom booth at Epcot/Flower & Garden Festival)
Oh yes! Bonus points if you bought back when it was still $9.99 With the slushy included.

A Disney souvenir for someone who didn't go is not my pick, unless they have remarked about wanting something in particular. I would purchase something non-Disney. Maybe as an add-on gift I would get a pin, tshirt, mug or a Disney themed food item that you can pack in your luggage.
Your comment reminded me that long, long ago (the 1970s) the shops on Main Street carried a lot of unique, non-Disney items. When my sister and I visited in 1976 we bought our mom a ceramic otter as a thank-you for helping to finance the trip. My sister has it in her living room now. And I bought a filigree glass snail at the glass-blowers shop - no Mickeys on it at all. It was much easier buying gifts for people who didn't come with you back then.

The best souvenir was a plastic. dumbo when I was thirteen. My best friend went to Disney and brought it back for me. I probably still have it and it was probably 1972. When I started going souvenirs were always center around bringing them back for kids in my family.

If they are big Disney fans, perhaps a Christmas ornament of their favorite ride? They have some really cool ones of the rides with the reverse showing ride scenes. Also, those don’t take up a lot of space in someone’s home and only come out for part of the year so don’t contribute to clutter. Food items are also great as they are consumed and don’t add to clutter. I try to only buy people things that are useful or consumable unless it’s something they specifically asked for.

I'm not a huge souvenir person but I like to get a mug each visit. I use them everyday for coffee/tea and it's a nice little memento to remember my past trips. On my May trip I got an AKL one since that's the resort I stayed at.

My all time favorite souvenir is a Mickey Santa hat that a Cast Member gave me when I was a kid. This was back when the Osborne Lights were still a thing at HS and I really wanted one of those hats but they were sold out everywhere. I asked a Cast Member that was wearing one where to buy one. He took the hat off his head and gave it to me, telling me I could keep it. I still have it all these years later - a really great memory and reminds me of the kindness of CMs at Disney.

Maybe a Disney cookbook and a guide map from each park .
Disney sells specialty gift boxes of coffee or tea. I think Mickey has a special 50th Anniversay blend.
They sell 50th anniversary blend in Kcups as well. My family liked these...

Last edited:
My fav - a small Vera Bradley change purse. It slips into my zippered pocket when I walk the dogs
DD - a beautiful stuffed Rajah tiger. Her son has it now
DS2 - popcorn bucket from La Nuba, Cirque du Soleil. He keeps all his change and gift cards in it, 24 yrs later
DS1 - nothing. He doesn’t do souvenirs, then or now.

My fav - a small Vera Bradley change purse. It slips into my zippered pocket when I walk the dogs
DD - a beautiful stuffed Rajah tiger. Her son has it now
DS2 - popcorn bucket from La Nuba, Cirque du Soleil. He keeps all his change and gift cards in it, 24 yrs later
DS1 - nothing. He doesn’t do souvenirs, then or now.

i did get my DH some coffee at WDW. It was horrible.

Something from China or Japan in Epcot. Lots of unique items that are not Disney focused. We usually spend the most in each of these every trip.

My friend and I each got the Haunted Mansion morphing photos on our trip in 2015 when they were available. Those were great unique souvenirs for $15, they would take your photo and then make it into a lenticular 8x10 print that transform your face normal to a ghost and then back depending on the angle. I bought an antique frame to go with it. When I asked the cast member taking the photo they stated that Disney would never make back the amount of money they spent on that technology.

I wish that this were still available, I would love one for my partner. I think Tower of Terror had something similar. Unfortunately that was a souvenir that was always a "next time" item, and now its no longer available.

Our favorite souvenirs are Christmas ornaments from the shop in Germany. Our absolute favorites are a set of Goebel Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy playing instruments ornaments that were ON CLEARANCE. That are trip (I think) we also got a flat Mickey head Goebel ornament that a cast member personalized for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter