Best sneakers for Disneyworld?

StacFace

Earning My Ears
So my poor mom suffers really bad foot pain in disney. She tried her sketchers go walks and there were brutal. We both have back problems and she is overweight but currently losing. Which are the best sneakers for heel pain in disney?

hmmm. I saw something about asics and saw lots of people said yes to those. I guess I am just seeing if anyone else find a specific brand feels better for people who have back problems and heel pain

My mom has plantar facitis and she swears by her Birkenstocks. I also have some foot and back pain (no specific diagnosis) and I find I do well will shoes with a cork footbed. (There are several brands that do.)

I second what was said above, it depends a lot on the person. I have some issues with my arch and my back so I get a good pair of sauconys stabilizing running shoes and that’s what I wear to walk. I would suggest going to a local running store and have them fit her for sneakers. She can tell them the issues she has and they can try to help her find what works for her. They are a bit more expensive but the one I’ve gone to has a great return policy.

I second what was said above, it depends a lot on the person. I have some issues with my arch and my back so I get a good pair of sauconys stabilizing running shoes and that’s what I wear to walk. I would suggest going to a local running store and have them fit her for sneakers. She can tell them the issues she has and they can try to help her find what works for her. They are a bit more expensive but the one I’ve gone to has a great return policy.

1000% this. The store I use watches you walk as well as looking at your feet.

Go to a running store.
Look at Hoka One One and Asics. Also New Balance.
They may have another brand or two for you to try on.
But especially the hokas are like walking on clouds. They have a very thick sole and protect your feet and joints like crazy. People with PF swear by these brands. Running stores are very used to these issues.
Make sure the store you go to carries these brands though. Most do, occasionally some will omit some. A quick web search will let you know.

I have had back surgery, arthritis and vascular issues due to multiple blood clots in one leg. I love my birkenstocks but not at the parks. I swear by Echo Bioms, only shoe i can wear that doesn't make me miserable. my feet are also in the wide side. We were at the parks in December for 8 days and walked 8 to 15 miles a day. I was sore but not in misery. I wish you luck, bad feet are awful. It

I agree with the previous posters that recommending a running store. The best shoe is really an individual thing. What works for one person might make another person's pain worse. I had/have bad plantar fasciitis and was in excruciating foot pain at WDW several years back. I went to a podiatrist and used the inserts they recommended, only to end up in even more pain. Then I went to a running store. They fitted me with arch supports and shoes that were the best kind for my feet. I can still get pain from time to time, but it's much better than it was.

Your mom needs to go see a podiatrist - a foot doctor. S/he will recommend the best shoe for your mom's feet. Some podiatrists have a "house discount" at local New Balance stores (may require a "prescription" from the doctor to show at the store, depends on the local store).

What works for one person works for... one person. I can't wear New Balance shoes at all - the arch support is inadequate for me, and is oddly, enough in the wrong place. I do much better with Nikes - but that's just me. My sister-in-law swears by Keds, of all things, and our adult daughter wears only Vans.

Seriously, encourage her go see a podiatrist; it could make a huge difference for her. :)

Agree with the suggestion to get fitted at a good running store. One of the well known and respected running stores by us has orthotics that they guarantee. We have a lot of friends who started out getting fitted for good shoes (the right shoes for them) and orthotics for RunDisney events, but now they swear by those orthotics in all their shoes. And hang in there -- foot pain is a tough thing to work out and to beat. Sometimes there isn't one easy fix. But it can get better!

definitely a personal thing but I recently bought a pair of Brooks sneakers and they are the most comfortable I have ever worn!! I am going to try them at Disney in 9 days and hope they make my feet feel better.

Again, individual needs and solutions vary greatly, but I just thought I'd toss this out there: some people (myself included) benefit from bringing several different pairs of shoes and either changing each day or partway through each day.
Last trip I took Nike Air Max running shoes, Crocs clogs (can't remember the style name, but they were shaped kind of like Dutch wooden shoes), and thick-soled Keds with foam insoles.

I love my Asics!! I haven't tried the Hokas, but have seen people wearing them at the gym. They do have a super amount of cushioning, which is a great help, especially walking many miles like at WDW. I agree with many other posters, she would be smart to go to a running shoe store. They can analyze her gait, and see if there are any abnormalities, which might be contributing to the back pain. They make shoes to correct for over pronation, supination, etc.

I am overweight with plantar fasciitis and low back pain. The best sneakers/running shoes for me have been from the Brooks brand. The company is great with a generous return policy. I was able to order several pairs and try them out to determine the best fit for me. I bought two pairs about 8 weeks before the Disney trip and used them around the neighborhood to break them in. It was my first trip to Disney without suffering from blisters and pain. Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!