Best Snacks & Treats Available Summer 2019

BFD

Mouseketeer
So, I've lived in the Orlando area and enjoyed my annual pass for about two and a half years, and in September I'm relocating to Texas. I have decided that I want to make the most of the rest of the time that I have in Orlando with my annual pass and get to the parks as much as possible, and while I'm there, I want to make a sort of bucket list of all the fun little specialty treats that are available now to try. It's hard to find a current list of what's available at the moment that's up to date, so I was hoping to get some suggestions. I'm looking for counter service snacks and treats, not really so much at table service restaurants. A couple of examples that i already have on the list:

Redd's Revenge Dole Whip (any other different flavors of Dole whip currently available at other places that i should try? I missed out on the Hei Hei cone.)
Pop Tarts at Woody's Lunchbox. Just always wanted to try them.
I keep hearing the Cheshire Cat Tails at MK and School Bread at Epcot are amazing, but haven't gotten around to trying either.

Anything along these lines that is currently/seasonally available this summer that you would recommend before leaving Orlando? Parks or resorts.

I tried the pongu lumpia from the place in Pandora. OMG it was delicious. Pineapple cream cheese spring roll. I also see that there is a new Reds ice cream at MK. Reminds me of the strawberry swirl from years ago. Hoping they still are available when we go in September.

I tried the pongu lumpia from the place in Pandora. OMG it was delicious. Pineapple cream cheese spring roll. I also see that there is a new Reds ice cream at MK. Reminds me of the strawberry swirl from years ago. Hoping they still are available when we go in September.

Oh, that's a good one!! I do remember hearing about that in Pandora. I will add that to the list. I'm going to try to go a couple times a week between now and September if I can.

I tried the Redd's Revenge yesterday at MK. They do offer it with all all strawberry or strawberry/vanilla swirl. It was very refreshing on a hot afternoon. A little hard to finish the whole thing and the paper straw didn't hold up too well, but I guess that's why you're supposed to finish them faster than I did.

The Cheshire Cat Tail is probably one of my favorite snacks. It shouldn't be as good as it is because of how simple it is, but it's SOO good.
Others would be the Peter Pan Float at Storybook Treats, The Eggroll Cart now has Pepperoni Spring/egg rolls not sure how long or how they are.
AK my favorite snack is the Baked Mac n Cheese with Shrimp.
EP the Sven's Apple Cheesecake looks really good and is on my must try list for AUG.

Reactions: BFD
The Cheshire Cat Tail is probably one of my favorite snacks. It shouldn't be as good as it is because of how simple it is, but it's SOO good.
Others would be the Peter Pan Float at Storybook Treats, The Eggroll Cart now has Pepperoni Spring/egg rolls not sure how long or how they are.
AK my favorite snack is the Baked Mac n Cheese with Shrimp.
EP the Sven's Apple Cheesecake looks really good and is on my must try list for AUG.

These are some really great suggestions. Next time I go to MK, I will head over to Fantasyland. I never really spend much time there. I don't think I even knew about the egg roll cart. So I definitely need to fix that.

There used to be a pepper-jack cheese stuffed pretzel at the Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland, but last time i looked it was gone. That thing was AMAZING.

Fruit & Nutella waffle at Sleepy Hollow
Hard rootbeer float at Hollywood Scoops
anything and everything at Les Halles but especially macarons or mousse au chocolat
Cronut in Epcot

Fruit & Nutella waffle at Sleepy Hollow
Hard rootbeer float at Hollywood Scoops
anything and everything at Les Halles but especially macarons or mousse au chocolat
Cronut in Epcot

Les Halles is my favorite place for breakfast. Everything is awesome and the prices are surprisingly less Disney than most. You are right, anything and everything. The waffle and cronut are really good too.

I'd also like everyone's favorite. The cheshire cat tale is delicious. We buy them and get a cup of coffee either from there or Starbucks and then go sit in Cosmic Rays to eat it.
We do that to , normally around 11:00am as a sort of light bite if we are at MK for rope drop.
But we enjoy the Joffrey's coffee.
We will sit in Cosmic's find a table & just relax for around 30-40 minutes out of the heat.

Les Halles is my favorite place for breakfast. Everything is awesome and the prices are surprisingly less Disney than most. You are right, anything and everything. The waffle and cronut are really good too.
Agreed. I find it so funny that it's my 11 year old son's first choice at Epcot. Off all the different places to eat and all the different cuisine options, he always wants to hit Les Halles for a ham and cheese sandwich. It's so basic but he loves it. Everything I've eaten there has been great and it IS very affordable.

Raspberry Macaron at Les Halles, gourmet popcorn at Epcot, it's near the land pavilion I believe, lots of good options already listed here as well.

Does anyone know if they still have the Tinkerbell ice cream cone at Storybook Treats at the Magic Kingdom? It was lime flavored and would be so great for a hot day. (We ate it on our February trip.)

Search the Disney Food Blog on YouTube. They have a great video featuring best WDW snacks. I want to try the turtle brownie at Sunshine Seasons, the pineapple upside down cake with dole whip ice cream at MK and the churros ice cream sandwich, which I can't remember where that is right now. Courtesy of Pinterest I discovered the Carmel covered s'mores at Karmel Kuche in Germany and the red velvet cake pop at Main Street Confectionary. I'm not even a snacks person, but have been watching Disney YouTube videos 5 days a week during my workout on the elliptical. Bad idea. :teeth:

I'd also like everyone's favorite. The cheshire cat tale is delicious. We buy them and get a cup of coffee either from there or Starbucks and then go sit in Cosmic Rays to eat it.
Is the cat tale chocolate inside, like a chocolate croissant?

You beat me to it with the Lumpia! I love them so much my phone auto corrects to Lumpia now lol.
I'm not a sweet treat fan so for me the loaded fries at mr kamals in AK are a winner (with raita and sriracha). I've heard the eight spoon cafe mac and cheese is good but I haven't tried it yet.
I am also a big fish / seafood lover so the salmon tartare biscuit at the cider house (?) Nr UK in Epcot is a biigggggggg must do for me! My parents both make retching noises when I tell them about it though lol.

Attachments

• YDXJ0201.JPG
    YDXJ0201.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 12
Does anyone know if they still have the Tinkerbell ice cream cone at Storybook Treats at the Magic Kingdom? It was lime flavored and would be so great for a hot day. (We ate it on our February trip.)

I don't believe so. I think the lemon princess cone took it's place. I believe the Peter Pan float is still on the menu so why not just keep it if you already have the lime dole whip. Hoping they don't take away the strawberry dole whip at Sunshine Tree Terrace before my trip in AUG.

These are some really great suggestions. Next time I go to MK, I will head over to Fantasyland. I never really spend much time there. I don't think I even knew about the egg roll cart. So I definitely need to fix that.

There used to be a pepper-jack cheese stuffed pretzel at the Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland, but last time i looked it was gone. That thing was AMAZING.

I am OBSESSED with the pepper jack pretzel! They keep moving it around - from Lunching Pad to Tortuga Tavern and currently at Cheshire Cafe. It’s usually not on the official menu (so it’s hard to find by checking menus online). At Cheshire Cafe they have a little sign up by the register advertising it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter