Best scooter rentals or a 9 day vacation

I have rented from Gold Mobility. They meet you at your resort, explain the scooter to you, and will pick up directly from you. There is communication (texting) night before and day of. I was completely happy with service as well as overall scooter. (I ordered the captain's chair model - never could afford a Cadillac. This is\was my Cadillac!)

Having said the above, it is important that you know there are numerous rental vendors. Please compare scooters, price and which is going to be convenient for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only one company, Scooterbug, can deliver and pick up directly to the WDW resorts without you being present.
All of the other companies need to deliver and pick up directly from you.

If you are staying at an offsite resort, you would need to check whether the company is able to deliver without you being there or not.

Some scooter models can be taken apart for transport in a car. If you plan on driving, make sure you let the company know so you can rent a model that is able to be taken apart.
Each parking lot has designated handicapped parking areas. If you have a state issued Handicapped Parking permit, have it showing and make sure each Cast Member (CM) sees it so they direct you to the correct area. If you don’t have a permit, tell each parking lot CM you come to that you have a scooter and they will direct you.
Don’t park in any handicapped spots that have a wheelchair sign or blue painted lines without a Handicapped Parking permit; people parking there without a permit could be ticketed. There are other spots with white painted lines in the Medical Parking area you can use without a permit.

All WDW transportation is wheelchair/ECV accessible except the small boats that serve the Magic Kingdom Resorts.

I think Sue and BJK have covered it but I also encourage you to look at previous posts here. There's a lot of info about different rental companies and what people like and don't like. I think most companies are good. I suggest calling a few and pricing them out - you may want to ask about insurance (extra cost? included?) and extras (shade cover, cane holder, etc.) and the prices for those. If there are specific features or issues you're concerned about also post those here so you can get some specific recommendations.

And do let us know if you have any questions about using a mobility device at WDW - there are TONS of info here (look through some of the previous posts, or use the Search feature) about everything from boarding the buses to why you should always start the day fully charged!

Have a great trip!

Gold Mobility is generally the way to go, best battery life, nicest scooters, the undercarriage lights make a huge difference at night.

They also are generally the lowest price (especially when you add in extras they give), they meet on your schedule, not predetermined times and seriously drop off and pickup is substantially faster than even through bell services from the now one company they can do so, remember most models offer cupholders, fans, cell phone holder and additional accessory for free. They also include damage AND theft coverage, that is more and more important, as scooter do get stolen. Most other companies charge extra for the damage protection and very few offer theft protection.

Last edited:

Walker Mobility...no problem time at parks, no breakdowns and no wasted time.
In speaking with lots of people on this last trip, they are the only other company that not a single person had a complaint about. The only issue is they are at least double the price of Gold Mobility and Walker Mobility charges extra for Damage Waiver.

I know Walker charges more but it's worth it too know you won't breakdown or lose precious (and expensive) time on your trip.

I know Walker charges more but it's worth it too know you won't breakdown or lose precious (and expensive) time on your trip.
You will not break down with Gold Mobility either, all of their scooters are replaced every 6 months and in the highly unlikely event there is a problem, their response time apparently averages around 30 minutes, although I can't vouch for that since there hasn't been an issue they couldn't resolve over the phone. Seriously, of the people we spoke with, Gold Mobility and Walker were the ONLY two companies that no one had any complaints about on this last trip. I know it is a relatively small sample, but there were many other companies and people had negative comments about all the others.

Really stick with Gold or Walker Mobility and you shouldn't have any issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter