Best Room Requests for Boardwalk and AK Kidani

MinnieMom888

Earning My Ears
Hello! I am taking my two kids (3y & 4y) and in-laws to WDW in September. We are staying at Boardwalk (2 bdrm standard view) for the first half of the trip and then AK kidani (2 bdrm savannah view). We will be using ride share and buses to get to the parks. Ideally I would like to be close to transportation to minimize long walks to the room, but also want the best view possible at kidani village. I have read that requesting “close to lobby” is ineffective. What is the best way to get a room close to the transportation area or lobby? Also are there any cool room requests I can make that will make the trip more magical? what do you think are the best room requests to make at each resort? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

At Kidani: If you want to be fairly close to lobby and close to bus station, request a room close to the Timon elevator. The view will be very good.

Sorry, can't help w/ BW.

BW std doesn't matter, none have any view. AK-K request 2nd floor, higher floors the view of the animals can be blocked by the trees.

In April we stayed in room 5075- 2 BDRM Standard (Boardwalk). Close to elevators and we could see (and hear) the Epcot fireworks. We usually request end of the hallway so we are closer to HS but this room location will be our new favorite

You can request a particular room number but that has the least chance of any request of being met and if they cannot meet a location request, you are given any of the rooms in your booking category that are available at the time, which could be far from what you requested. 5041 is top floor. In the area where it is, there can be noise issues involving the loading, moving and unloading of luggage racks near the front entrance, which noise has more of an impact on the lower floor rooms in that area than the higher ones. Personal view with BWV standard view is that your lead request should be high floor.

For Kidani, see map in post #4 here www.disboards.com/threads/kidani-map-with-elevators-marked.3558443/#lg=_xfUid-1-1629905447&slide=0 Be aware that requests are met in order made. In other words, if your lead request is lower floor, as suggested above, and second request is near Timon elevator, you may end up with a room far from the Timon elevator by their meeting your lead lower floor request. If you want easy access to bus station, the near the Timon elevator is the best request to make. Moreover, I would not even make lower floor the second request, but instead request Sunset savanna view. More important is to assure getting Sunset savanna view room (more than 80% of all savanna view rooms and thus high chance of being met) even if they cannot meet the near Timon elevator request. It has giraffes and zebras, the smaller Pembe savanna does not.

Last edited:
You can request a particular room number but that has the least chance of any request of being met and if they cannot meet a location request, you are given any of the rooms in your booking category that are available at the time, which could be far from what you requested. 5041 is top floor. In the area where it is, there can be noise issues involving the loading, moving and unloading of luggage racks near the front entrance, which noise has more of an impact on the lower floor rooms in that area than the higher ones. Personal view with BWV standard view is that your lead request should be high floor.

For Kidani, see attached map. Be aware that requests are met in order made. In other words, if your lead request is lower floor, as suggested above, and second request is near Timon elevator, you may end up with a room far from the Timon elevator by their meeting your lead lower floor request. If you want easy access to bus station, the near the Timon elevator is the best request to make. Moreover, I would not even make lower floor the second request, but instead request Sunset savanna view. More important is to assure getting Sunset savanna view room (more than 80% of all savanna view rooms and thus high chance of being met) even if they cannot meet the near Timon elevator request. It has giraffes and zebras, the smaller Pembe savanna does not.
Thank you for these tips!!

Last edited by a moderator:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter