• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

best room for Party of 5

sand9417

Earning My Ears
So glad to have found this group filled with such knowledgeable people!

Our party of 3 adults and 2 children (7 year olds) will be bunking up together in one room. We are currently booked at the Caribbean Beach Resort, but we are having second thoughts and wondering if we should switch to a suite at Art of Animation. The pros of Caribbean for us include an awesome pool for the kids, and a great price (perhaps due to the construction happening during our stay). We lose both of these perks at Art of Animation but gain quite a bit of space for our larger party.

Can anyone who has been to one or both resorts offer an opinion about how comfortably 5 people can stay in the rooms at Caribbean, and whether the extra space in a suite at Art of Animation is worth an extra $150 per night? Also wondering if the pool at Caribbean is worth being a little cramped.

Thanks in advance for your help!

We have stayed at many of the resorts and I think that AOA would be a good choice, we stayed there last visit and going back this October, you have three sleeping areas and two full baths, the bedroom has its own bath, by the way, the pool is largest on property and themed for kids, it's a fun resort

CBR is under construction. You're aware of that presumably??

Is there a reason you aren't considering POR or CSR? The extra room at AoA (and the fact that all of its amenities are open) is a definite plus, but to the tune of $150/night? Not, IMO.

Yes, I'm aware of the construction at CBR. CSR doesn't have rooms that accommodate 5. POR does, but CBR has a better pool and slightly larger rooms for our large party. I agree the amenities being open at AoA is a big plus. Thanks for your input!

I'm not sure the relation of the 3 adults or how you plan on sleeping. For me, that matters. At CBR, you are talking about 2 queen beds for 3 adults and a 7 year old because the pull down is only realistic for one of the 7 year olds. At AoA, you could have the 7 year olds share the murphy bed or the couch bed, 2 adults on the queen (I'm guessing 2 of the adults are a couple), and then the 3rd adult gets his/her own sleeping space. Also, 2 bathrooms is a HUGE bonus for that many people.

To me it makes a difference if this is mom, dad, grandma, and 2 7 year olds OR if it is mom, dad, 19 year old big sibling, and 2 7 year olds.

We have stayed at CBR, but not with 5 people. We have stayed at AoA with 5 people and even AKL with 5 people (4 adults and a 2 year old!). We are big fans of AoA and chose it twice.
I wouldn't want to stay in a construction zone. We did enjoy CBR, and I would stay there with my family make-up (2 adults, tween boy, twin 5 year olds). I wouldn't stay in the same room with other adults anymore as a vacation; it would have to be a suite or multiple rooms.

So glad to have found this group filled with such knowledgeable people!

Our party of 3 adults and 2 children (7 year olds) will be bunking up together in one room. We are currently booked at the Caribbean Beach Resort, but we are having second thoughts and wondering if we should switch to a suite at Art of Animation. The pros of Caribbean for us include an awesome pool for the kids, and a great price (perhaps due to the construction happening during our stay). We lose both of these perks at Art of Animation but gain quite a bit of space for our larger party.

Can anyone who has been to one or both resorts offer an opinion about how comfortably 5 people can stay in the rooms at Caribbean, and whether the extra space in a suite at Art of Animation is worth an extra $150 per night? Also wondering if the pool at Caribbean is worth being a little cramped.

Thanks in advance for your help!

FWIW, my kids enjoyed the pool at AoA about as much as CBR.

Mom, dad, grandma, 2 7 year old.

Excellent points. Nice to hear you chose AoA twice and your kids enjoyed the pool. I think switching to a suite is the thing to do. Thanks!

I would switch to AOA with that makeup. The kids can share a bed. Grandma can have her own.

At CBR, one kid would be solo and one with grandma. Grandma is not realistic for the murphy at CBR.

Have you given any thought to a Family Suite at the Music? They are considerably cheaper than the AoA suites, and you would still get 2 bathrooms and one real bedroom.

I agree AoA Suite is the route to go, the bedding alone is a huge plus from the other options. I think the pools there are nicer than some moderates just minus the slide/hot tub. But the big pool and playground are great, the quiet pools are uber themed and fun to go to. Great food court. Wander all over the imagineering is incredible, even the plants match the themes. I think your kids will love it!

I also agree with moving to AoA. The only issue is only one real bed. However, the sleeping arrangements at CBR would be far too cramped for our liking. Plus, the pool at AoA is awesome!
With separated living spaces there is some privacy at AoA.
The two bathrooms will be a plus as well.

It would be worth the extra $$$ to us, FWIW.

Another option could be a deluxe resort that has 2 queens and a day bed. Depending on discounts available. The monorail resorts have daybeds, and large rooms plus balcony. My adult daughters have taken turns on the day bed at GF and said it was comfy. Grandma would be fine on it.
The resorts in the Epcot area also have rooms with Day beds, but rooms are a bit smaller than monorail resorts, but larger than CBR!
Another option could be the cabins at FW. Bedroom has a queen and bunk beds. Living room has full size Murphy.

I wouldn't be comfortable with 3 adults and 2 kids at a moderate.

Another option could be a deluxe resort that has 2 queens and a day bed. Depending on discounts available. The monorail resorts have daybeds, and large rooms plus balcony. My adult daughters have taken turns on the day bed at GF and said it was comfy. Grandma would be fine on it.
The resorts in the Epcot area also have rooms with Day beds, but rooms are a bit smaller than monorail resorts, but larger than CBR!
Another option could be the cabins at FW. Bedroom has a queen and bunk beds. Living room has full size Murphy.

I wouldn't be comfortable with 3 adults and 2 kids at a moderate.

Just a point of clarification. In the Fort Wilderness Cabin renovation last year, the Murphy beds were removed and a Queen sleep sofa was added in its place. There are now a Queen and bunks in the bedroom and a Queen sleeper in the living room. Plus you get a fully equipped kitchen and a dining area.

Just a point of clarification. In the Fort Wilderness Cabin renovation last year, the Murphy beds were removed and a Queen sleep sofa was added in its place. There are now a Queen and bunks in the bedroom and a Queen sleeper in the living room. Plus you get a fully equipped kitchen and a dining area.
Cool!

We did consider the cabins at FW, but we liked the amenities at AoA better. I believe the suites at Music were already booked for our dates. Deluxe resorts are out of our price range.

Switched to AoA today. Thanks everyone for the great advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter