best restaurants for solo diners? including christmas

collegejunkie

DIS Veteran
i'll be alone 12/25 - 12/29 at the world. what restaurants are best for someone going solo? christmas night i'm thinking i should stay in the boardwalk area since i'll be at the swan. bluezoo, shula's, il mulino, and yachtsmen all have openings. i'll probably spend some time looking at decorations and things before so i think this is the best for 12/25. which of these would be good?

i'm open for the rest of the days. i have character breakfasts lined up, i think, but i'm actually not sure if that's such a good idea. might be lonely just waiting for them to come up and not have anyone there to take a picture

i'll be alone 12/25 - 12/29 at the world. what restaurants are best for someone going solo? christmas night i'm thinking i should stay in the boardwalk area since i'll be at the swan. bluezoo, shula's, il mulino, and yachtsmen all have openings. i'll probably spend some time looking at decorations and things before so i think this is the best for 12/25. which of these would be good?

i'm open for the rest of the days. i have character breakfasts lined up, i think, but i'm actually not sure if that's such a good idea. might be lonely just waiting for them to come up and not have anyone there to take a picture

I have traveled solo to WDW many times and have not had an issue or been treated badly because I was dining by myself. In fact many times the CM waitstaff has treated me with "extra pixie dust" and I have gotten free desserts, special attention, etc....I am never rushed and I have been made to feel very comfortable. I have eaten at Yachtmens Steak House while traveling solo and have been treated wonderfully and the food is outstanding. I think that would be a wonderful place to dine on Christmas Day:):) Hope this helps:)

Blue Zoo, Shulas and Il Mulino all have bars where a solo diner can sit and have a full meal. Same at the Flying Fish on the Boardwalk.

We eat dinner at these bars all the time--and if I were solo, that's where I'd head.

You'll get good service from the bartenders, conversation if you want it, and sometimes other folks eating at the bar who are almost always very pleasant!!

I think anything at the Swolphin is a good call and sitting at the bar is a great idea - though my dh LOVES dining solo at the bar at Jiko. I think he wants to go back to WDW just to do that again! I am sure you'll have an awesome trip... I would love to go solo to WDW one of these days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter