Best restaurants for boys

PAACStreet

Earning My Ears
Hello. My family and I will be heading to WDW in October. It will be mostly adults, with my 8 year old and 1 year old sons. What dining experiences would be best for them? We are part of the DVC, so most of our meals will be eaten in our villa. We would like to do one or two character meals though.

Our favorite character meals are breakfast or lunch at Tusker House or Garden Grill in Epcot. Non character restaurant for boys, I would choose T-rex in DTD or Sci-fi in HS.

Your 8 year old might enjoy Ohana's for breakfast/dinner. Its not centered around princess's but has Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and Stitch. The food was really good and it;s only a monorail ride from MK...

On our last trip I had my son, nephew and niece with me. We did CRT for her and then the boys got to choose their place.

Character wise, I would suggest Ohana for breakfast, garden grill for lunch, chef mickeys for dinner, although I like Crystal palace as well.

For just a boy friendly meal, Ohana for dinner was the boys fave.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Have to agree with pp. My boys loved 'Ohana for dinner. They loved the food and the silly games. They also really enjoyed Garden Grill. I would do Chef Mickey's for breakfast - feel it is better than their dinner.

I've heard really great things about T-Rex in DTD. Although it can be loud so that may be something to consider::yes::

Terri

My boys (2.5 and 5) liked Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace the best for characters. Their favorite restaurant without characters was O'hana. We went to TRex but unfortunately didn't like it. My youngest was scared of the effects and the food wasn't very good.

We ate at Garden Grill, 'Ohana, 50's Prime Time, Liberty Tree Tavern, Tony's, Teppan Edo, and the restaurant at Epcot with the large fish tank, totally drawing a blank on that name....

For breakfast we did Crystal Palace. The boys enjoyed them all.

Places my 5 year old son enjoyed (and I thought the food was good too): Tusker House breakfast, 1900 PF breakfast (my son loves Mad Hatter and I think has a crush on Alice :lmao:), Crystal Palace breakfast (before park opening), T-Rex/Rainforest (we didn't go to those on our last Disney trip but I know he likes those places-also can look into a Landry's card to get discounts), Sci Fi (not too expensive and lots of fun), Chefs de France lunch to see Remy (we know Remy is not guaranteed but my son loves that movie so much that he thought it was cool to eat in Remy's restaurant).

For Tusker House and 1900 PF, we did more of a "brunch"--we had a snack for breakfast got to the park at rope drop (AK/MK) and rode a few rides then went to the restaurant. I think this would work out well if paying OOP since you would get to pay breakfast prices but probably be full until dinner.

I've got two boys and out of our trips, CRT has been the best character interaction for us with Garden Grill coming in a close second. I didn't think they would like CRT, but I wanted the experience of eating in the castle, but they got swords and the princesses loved them and interactions were great!

But if you ask my boys, Chef Mickey's is their favorite and it is now the "must do" restaurant for any future trips :).

Sheaboys said:
We ate at Garden Grill, 'Ohana, 50's Prime Time, Liberty Tree Tavern, Tony's, Teppan Edo, and the restaurant at Epcot with the large fish tank, totally drawing a blank on that name....

For breakfast we did Crystal Palace. The boys enjoyed them all.

Coral reef

I have an 8 year old and (a very young) 11 year old boy and their favorites are:

HS: Sci-Fi
AK: Tusker House or the Rainforest Cafe
Ep: Coral Reef
MK: None, took monorail or boat to 'Ohana, Chef Mickey's, or Whispering Canyon
DtD: T-Rex

agree ohannas if they like stitch
my nephew loves the hooptidu and luau
boys often like winnie the pooh at younger ages so Chystal Palace
if they dont care aboout character- ost young boys( and old boys, young men, and older guys) SEEM TO REALLY ENJOY O'HANNA FOR DINNER

I've got to say, I've never noticed boys and girls preferring different restaurants at WDW.

My then 3 year old loved Chef Mickey's, WCC, Crystal Palace, and Ohana. He is looking forward to eating at T-Rex when we go in May!

Lilo and Stitch are at Ohana during breakfast!

Our DS is 17, and loved both Ohana (breakfast) and T-Rex (dinner) on our Christmas trip. If you are considering T-Rex, you may want to request to NOT be seated in the Ice Cave, as its very loud and experiences the meteor shower quite intensely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter