Best resort to give a first try to

OutNChiTown

Proposal at the Grand Floridian
I have stayed at DVC resorts before. Usually it's OKW. But, I have stayed at AKL and BWV. I'm taking the love of my life to Disney for Valentines day and am trying to figure out what resort to give a first try to.

Does anyone have a recommendation towards a romantic style hotel that will give us the feeling of a truly excellent valentines day?

Thanks!

I have stayed at DVC resorts before. Usually it's OKW. But, I have stayed at AKL and BWV. I'm taking the love of my life to Disney for Valentines day and am trying to figure out what resort to give a first try to.

Does anyone have a recommendation towards a romantic style hotel that will give us the feeling of a truly excellent valentines day?

Thanks!

If you mean this Valentines Day and you want DVC then you better check to see if anything is available; if it is, it may be only SSR. If you mean using points for a Disney hotel, it might be possible to get one and GF or Poly would be my candidates, although you cannot do that and it would not be economically wise to do that if you are not an owner and are just trying to rent points from an owner). If you mean next year for Valentines day or lightning strikes and you can still get it this year, my choice would be BWV because you can walk to two parks, it has a nightclub and Dance Hall, nightly entertainment on the boardwalk, and you can walk to over two dozen resturants (at Epcot, Studios, and the Epcot resorts)

Yeah...this Valentine's Day....not going to get any DVC studios....sorry. Next VD, well then you are in luck and can book your home resort in March (11 months out) and then non-home resort in July (7 months out). Looking for other Disney resorts that aren't DVC...I don't know how that goes as we have never done it.

If you are looking for next VD then I would suggest BLT as it's modern and sleek and you can monorail to many places for meals. Though if you do SSR, you can take your love to the spa and there's tons of dining choices at Downtown Disney.

If you can get in (you didn't say points or cash so if cash maybe you can) I'd say VWL. It's a pretty self contained resort on Bay Lake. Artist Point is a great restaurant (if you could get a Valentine dinner still reserved), Territory Lounge is cozy and comfortable and you can get a massage downstairs in the villas. :goodvibes

If you can get in (you didn't say points or cash so if cash maybe you can) I'd say VWL. It's a pretty self contained resort on Bay Lake. Artist Point is a great restaurant (if you could get a Valentine dinner still reserved), Territory Lounge is cozy and comfortable and you can get a massage downstairs in the villas. :goodvibes

I kinda like that plan...couples only Valentine romantic getaway at VWL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter